Favorite Biome?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
It'd be cooler if each layer was slightly different. And if the trees would only grow where the sun can reach them

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
when I left school I was huuuugely into gaming. Xbox360 for the most part, so when I went to college I did a games dev course. I was woefully inept at coding. I ended up dropping out 3/4 of the way through the first year. Not my finest acheivement.

kilteroff

Jul 29, 2019
If I'm not doing bees I always settle in Savannah, can't explain it, just really like it. Otherwise Autumn Forest.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
I love deserts, of any kind. Sand dunes, whatever. They're hard to use, but have so much freedom.

Plus cowboys, the arabian nights, and my old home in New Mexico.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Well I don't have a favorite biome. Nothing bad about them presay but I find that all have a chance of having interesting generations. Random is Random and with that you make enough worlds you will see some really neat stuff if you don't lock yourself down to just one sort of biome.

But turth be told I'd stab a baby with a kitten and set them on fire for a core biome that was like the old Skylands map. I was so sure when Mojang gave us that teaser of the guy on the star trails we where going to get something like that.... we got the End instead. sigh.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
Any biome without rain, by far the most annoying thing in MC.

By the way, bigglesworth: how did you make that epic-looking jungly-cave world? Did it spawn naturally? Or did you make it yourself?

quantumllama

Jul 29, 2019
I like the look of hills and cliffs type of biomes with a lot of trees in them, but I've never successfully played on one. I generally go for smaller bases thousands of blocks apart from each other, and I always end up living at the edges of deserts and wastelands. Or in a snow area a la Echo Base.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
If I'm not doing bees I always settle in Savannah, can't explain it, just really like it. Otherwise Autumn Forest.

I started off in a Savanna too, but learnt the hard way that bees don't like Savanna, after building a XY Viewer glass greenhouse and getting some conduit power over to it. Had to make another base in a nearby Dying Forest to get started with bees. Luckily, it's just on the edge of the chunks where my base is, so stays loaded if I'm at my base. Haven't invested in chunkloaders yet, don't need them at this time.

I think my favorite BoP biome is the Outback

Reactions: Anubis

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
I so wish people really good with terrain control would come up with good biomes for random generation...

It would put a big spotlight on the mod outside from juts the map makers, as even we players could play around with it without having to spend hours trying to understand how it even works in the first place.

Trunks9809

Jul 29, 2019
I so wish people really good with terrain control would come up with good biomes for random generation...

It would put a big spotlight on the mod outside from juts the map makers, as even we players could play around with it without having to spend hours trying to understand how it even works in the first place.

I actually spent a good 5 or 6 hours last night reading up on the documentation for that... It seems amazingly powerful. I will most definately be having a play with it over the coming days\weeks. I'm not sure how it would interact with Underground Biomes at the moment though...