Essentia automation?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Do you like the growth lamp?

• Total voters

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like a plan! Trying to use an ME Interface to export charcoal into the bottom of the furnace though, but it doesn't work for some reason. I have charcoal supply, the arrow is pointing in the right direction and I've tried outputting into itemducts, stone transport pipes and a chest, all with no success :(

Thats exactly what Im doing, (farm golems dump the crops into an ME chest) but you have to use an export bus not an interface. Didnt work til I added an ME controller to the chest though.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Something I don't think has been mentioned here, I believe you can filter alembics too
So with cactus, you can have three alembics and filter the alembics, so that the same essentia is always coming out the same alembic.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Bingo. But it's more complicated then just using leaves, cactus, or vines, so of course only a few know this works.
Yeah, it is a bit complicated, and quite a bit harder to automate, but you end up with either 2 or 4 herba (I forget off hand whether a centrifuge breaks down the arbor into herba and ordo or just picks one and discards the other randomly) per log.

Really easy and you don't have to futz around with shearing leaves or vines or choosing between getting saplings or leaves out of a harvester. Plus, if you have a tree farm up already it is likely you have logs stacking up in barrels, anyway.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, it is a bit complicated, and quite a bit harder to automate, but you end up with either 2 or 4 herba (I forget off hand whether a centrifuge breaks down the arbor into herba and ordo or just picks one and discards the other randomly) per log.

Really easy and you don't have to futz around with shearing leaves or vines or choosing between getting saplings or leaves out of a harvester. Plus, if you have a tree farm up already it is likely you have logs stacking up in barrels, anyway.
It gets you 1 of the aspects at random that the compound aspect you throw in is made of; so it could be 4 herba, 3 herba, 2 herba, 1, or even zer0, from a single log.

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
this is not hard to do people. jungle tree farm = infinite herba, plus if you know your way around thaumcraft, you can turn that wood into alumentum to feed the furnaces. no need to juggle saplings or multiple tree farms.

2014-04-12_003442.png

simple jungle tree farm with some fertilized dirt, lilypads of fertility to make those trees grow fast. harvester chews them up, planter underneath handles the saplings. items are sent via item ducts to an ender chest. vacuum hoppers catch the stray saplings.

2014-04-12_003520.png

4 redstone furnaces on the left convert jungle wood to charcoal. here you see alchemical furnace burning the vines into herba, piped off to warded jars. essentia mirrors transport the aspects to my magic crops, theres 8 lamps per crop, so I go through a lot of herba ;)
in the background is the charcoal -> alumentum factory

2014-04-12_003501.png

2014-04-12_003510.png

the alumentum factory. this design is exactly the same thing direwolf20 designed in his lets play series (check season 6 eps 49 and 50). crucible with a mystical construct on it, and 3 alchemical furnaces with 2 alembics each. 2 of the furnaces are burning cobblestone, the other burns charcoal. all are fed alumentum as fuel, and the construct converts charcoal to alumentum from the aspects coming from the 3 furnaces. the excess aspect is piped off to a void jar. 2 igneous extruders feed cobble to the factory.

I added in the translocators mod from the direwolf20 pack, and it worked perfectly to keep the ender chest stocked with 1 stack of charcoal. the alumentum is fed into the AE system and exported to the furnace burning the vines. I never run out of herba, charcoal or vines, everything stays on the postive.

and to make it even more interesting, anything that needs power is getting rf energy from biofuel generators, getting fuel from.....squids. yes. derpy squids for the win ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Gimply Goose
Jul 29, 2019
Hooray! It seems that, after a fair bit of experimenting, I have managed to get things to work properly!
Here we have my MFR tree farm, with saplings coming from the ME Interface (as I have another tree farm, providing plenty of saplings). The wood immediately gets smelted into charcoal before proceeding to the floor below.
2014-04-12_11.01.32.png

Then, the leaves go straight to the alchemcial furnace -> then to an alembic and finally to the warded jars :) (all excess leaves/charcoal goes straight to the AE system)

Thanks for all the help guys!

(My only concern is that MFR tree farm causes a fair bit of lag when harvesting, and I don't know how to reduce this :( )

Last edited:

D4rkWulf

Jul 29, 2019
don't yo have thaumic energistics? I see some ae2 so you probably do. Get your the essentia you want in your system and use an export bus to the jar

EDIT: you can also use storage bus to automaticly store herba in the jar

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I know the thread is old, but I'm surprised nobody mentioned farming Nether Wart. It grows fast and breaks down into every primal aspect, as well as having Herba. It was as true then as it is now.

I'll go away now...

Iluvalar

Jul 29, 2019
My 2 suggestions :
Nether wart : 1 herba, 1 praecantio. Preacantio can be turned into alumentum
Bloodwood leaves : extra metalum which can be turned into a metal nugget of your choice.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Nice that bloodwood leaves have Metallum, but they are notoriously difficult to farm, last I tried.

Iluvalar

Jul 29, 2019
You need 1) to keep 2 space open before your mfr harverster to make sur it wont spawn on anything and delete it. 2) You also need to plant them high above. 3) Finaly, you need an autonomous activator for every tree instead of a planter.

the 2 first restrictions are easily managed one you know about them. The 3rd require a bit more time and ressource.

It's not that bad actualy.

Daniel_USA

Jul 29, 2019
this is not hard to do people. jungle tree farm = infinite herba, plus if you know your way around thaumcraft, you can turn that wood into alumentum to feed the furnaces. no need to juggle saplings or multiple tree farms.

2014-04-12_003520.png

and to make it even more interesting, anything that needs power is getting rf energy from biofuel generators, getting fuel from.....squids. yes. derpy squids for the win ;)

How is that possible without having it hiss and stop all the time?