Epidemia's build journal

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
So you'll have infinite iron and sulfur streaming in to your base for the rest of your playthrough? :p

Yeah...gonna start work on a big ass multiblock processing chain to wring it for all its worth. Theres a gold deposit where my farms are situated, might build another excavator and minecart the ore over to the factory.

Adagiovibe

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds amazing. Magneticraft/IE coupled with that mod that places ingot blocks in the world offers so many possibilities with making really cool industrial themed builds.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I am still making progress. Heres a brief rundown of what Ive been up to.

Added some extra stuff to the excavator area and set up some Magneticraft powerlines, which in my opinion look better than IE lines, and are much easier to work with since they automatically connect. Too bad the volts to rf conversion is kind of laggy.
h6ASE9L.png

1lPmDGg.png

Also redesigned the power room a bit, moved the IE power setup from the old tunnels under the castle. Gradually I am moving everything out of there and may turn them into dungeons or something. But first I need to build an AE-house, lol.
7XcugkI.png

OTPg7vA.png

Gato70

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I am still making progress. Heres a brief rundown of what Ive been up to.

Added some extra stuff to the excavator area and set up some Magneticraft powerlines, which in my opinion look better than IE lines, and are much easier to work with since they automatically connect. Too bad the volts to rf conversion is kind of laggy.
h6ASE9L.png

1lPmDGg.png

Also redesigned the power room a bit, moved the IE power setup from the old tunnels under the castle. Gradually I am moving everything out of there and may turn them into dungeons or something. But first I need to build an AE-house, lol.
7XcugkI.png

OTPg7vA.png

You do amazing things with brick and metal... (I really should make my next pack have some of these good looking machine mods.)

Reactions: epidemia78

AdmiralKirov

Jul 29, 2019
Goddamnit I' ve been ignoring new mods for too long!
*starts downloading .jars right now*
Congratulations for your works, the aestethics are great and the tech they hide makes everything better!

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for the lack of updates guys, took a short break and also been struggling with a bit of lag in my area. I probably shouldnt have built everything so close together. I am also a bit frustrated with the area Im building in but too entrenched to want to move. Contemplating starting a new world and using the custom map "Eldaria" again like I have done in the past. Its comprised of several extremely detailed and unique landmasses and what I would like to do is build a lot of different places all over the world and link them together with roads, rails and now that its possible, electricity lines. Doing something like that on a randomly generated landscape just isnt nearly as motivating.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Ever tried ATG? then again I don't think it does continental land masses well by default. It just seems to be a hillier version of pre beta world gen (just one big land mass filled with lakes)
But I remember seeing config options potentially allowing continents.

Probably better off with your idea but it's worth a look in.
Bonus points if you utilize railcraft and carts to connect the bases. Rail networks have always been cool projects to pass time. It's just a shame they are less practical then useing a jet pack or a tesseract.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Adagiovibe

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for the lack of updates guys, took a short break and also been struggling with a bit of lag in my area. I probably shouldnt have built everything so close together. I am also a bit frustrated with the area Im building in but too entrenched to want to move. Contemplating starting a new world and using the custom map "Eldaria" again like I have done in the past. Its comprised of several extremely detailed and unique landmasses and what I would like to do is build a lot of different places all over the world and link them together with roads, rails and now that its possible, electricity lines. Doing something like that on a randomly generated landscape just isnt nearly as motivating.

I think it would be a great plan! Hope you go through with it. How do you handle oregen for premade maps, do you just retrogen everything in?

Who knows, Rwtema's new entity pipes are almost done, you could play around with those if thats your thing.

Gato70

Jul 29, 2019
I've been starting to deal with the same problems-lag, that is. I'm nowhere near thinking of starting over, but I have been considering upgrading my computer's RAM... a lot...

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
A constant curse... I love a dense base with everything within range, but also know I must resist building it because it will wreck my performance. My current TPPI world is nearing being unplayable in my main base now. I would love expanding it more, but it would simply compound the issue further. But a lot of fun being had building satellite bases out of rendering range and just building cosmetic stuff in general :p

I've been starting to deal with the same problems-lag, that is. I'm nowhere near thinking of starting over, but I have been considering upgrading my computer's RAM... a lot...
Unless you are running out of RAM, upgrading it will not help. The performance loss is down to CPU, internal bandwidths etc. I believe.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Ever tried ATG? then again I don't think it does continental land masses well by default. It just seems to be a hillier version of pre beta world gen (just one big land mass filled with lakes)
But I remember seeing config options potentially allowing continents.

Probably better off with your idea but it's worth a look in.
Bonus points if you utilize railcraft and carts to connect the bases. Rail networks have always been cool projects to pass time. It's just a shame they are less practical then useing a jet pack or a tesseract.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Ive tried ATG and its cool but without biome mods, kinda dull. And my game runs so much better without them. Eldaria even has custom trees that are too pretty to chop down. I tried this idea back in 1.6.4 with Traincraft but quit for various reasons. Mainly because of some kind of bug between IC2 "energy net" and mekanism and mystcraft related errors constantly degrading my performance. Ive really put this current pack of mods through its paces and its much more stable.

I think it would be a great plan! Hope you go through with it. How do you handle oregen for premade maps, do you just retrogen everything in?

Who knows, Rwtema's new entity pipes are almost done, you could play around with those if thats your thing.

I go outside the pre generated terrain where normal worldgen happens. Will probably use Enhanced Portals or RF tools for island to island travel, entity pipes sound kinda...weird to me, lol.

A constant curse... I love a dense base with everything within range, but also know I must resist building it because it will wreck my performance. My current TPPI world is nearing being unplayable in my main base now. I would love expanding it more, but it would simply compound the issue further. But a lot of fun being had building satellite bases out of rendering range and just building cosmetic stuff in general :p

This time I will focus less on cramming all the mods into a giant workshop/town and do like you said, build a lot of satellite bases. Thank god (aka algorithm) for quantum link chambers.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Now the only question is should I add IC2? Im also tempted to add gregtech since its pretty much the only big mod Ive never tried and seems to extend the game's life by quite a bit. I only wish it didnt butt into all of the other mods. Also tempted to add forestry for the bees so I can infinitely produce certain things.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Now the only question is should I add IC2? Im also tempted to add gregtech since its pretty much the only big mod Ive never tried and seems to extend the game's life by quite a bit. I only wish it didnt butt into all of the other mods. Also tempted to add forestry for the bees so I can infinitely produce certain things.
AFAIK it is not a good time to try GT for the first time atm. It is in a very unfinished state(WIP) for 1.7. It is what is keeping TPPI2 in (perpetual) beta for example.

I personally couldn't live without GraviSuite, so IC2 is a must no matter how much I want to use it or not. Not sure about its 1.7 state, but I am also generally fond of Electro-Magic tools that bridges IC2 and TC and think I will be adding that in the future as well.

Bees are just a fun hobby for me. I don't actually use them much for all the infinite resources. Only for the ones that are not available through other means(mostly bee or forestry stuff). But I generally just love the process of it all :p So also a must.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
have you looked at rwg (realistic world generation)? it has a very tfc-like feel.
Realistic World gen looks awesome and is definitely something I will experiment with next world reset I make. It is not as grand as ATG, but I just love those rivers and other natural landmarks that you have to spend a lot of time manually building in ATG.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
have you looked at rwg (realistic world generation)? it has a very tfc-like feel.

I havent, but I still doubt its landscapes will be as epic as Eldaria's. Plus, theres the side benefit of there being no mod blocks for miles and miles and smooth world loading (because its already been loaded). It performs almost as good as a flat world, and maintaining performance for the long haul is key.

AFAIK it is not a good time to try GT for the first time atm. It is in a very unfinished state(WIP) for 1.7. It is what is keeping TPPI2 in (perpetual) beta for example.

I personally couldn't live without GraviSuite, so IC2 is a must no matter how much I want to use it or not. Not sure about its 1.7 state, but I am also generally fond of Electro-Magic tools that bridges IC2 and TC and think I will be adding that in the future as well.

Thanks for the advice, rhn. I will steer clear of GT then. But I am interested in trying out a less finicky method of flight than simply jetpacks offers.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Thanks for the advice, rhn. I will steer clear of GT then. But I am interested in trying out a less finicky method of flight than simply jetpacks offers.
Well, before you decide anything you can always just boot up Infinity and try out the GraviSuite stuff. Would be a shame to add IC2 and all that for it to turn out that you don't like it.
But I personally think it is a near perfect package. You have the armour with good flight abilities and the tools with lots of modes(that will in general cut all your TiCo tools down to 1-2 tools). The chest armour automatically recharges the tools. The chest armour can be automatically recharged by battery packs from your inventory (that you can with a bit of automation recharge on the fly. Enderpouch+MFSU will do the trick). So basically you can keep doing what you are doing indefinitely without worrying about running out of power.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Well I can also think of some interesting uses for IC2 and its other addons. I never did get to use the Nuclear control signs in my last eldaria world the way I wanted to. So long as that Mekanism/IC2 energy net bug is fixed.

Reactions: rhn

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Well I can also think of some interesting uses for IC2 and its other addons. I never did get to use the Nuclear control signs in my last eldaria world the way I wanted to. So long as that Mekanism/IC2 energy net bug is fixed.
Another very solid reason to add it in IMO. Love how the Advanced version works perfectly with Carpenter's slopes :)