Epidemia's build journal

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
What pipes are you using to move steam around in that same image (It looks like steam anyway). And from what mod?

Those are ultimate mechanical pipes from Mekanism, they have a very high transfer rate when you set them to extract mode. I prefer mek cables and pipes usually. It is steam. :)

I would actually rather use fluiducts or another type that looks less blocky but these are the only ones (other than transfer nodes) that can keep up.

Last edited:

Genius83

Jul 29, 2019
I think that's so full beautiful what you've built, but I have a question: What is the Resource Pack? :)

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Breaking news: UFO sighting turns out to be some idiot on a flying broom.

y6MB8Dy.png

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
At least it was a UFO for a little while. (Until it was identified)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Adagiovibe

Jul 29, 2019
Witchery brooms are quite fun! I always seem to clip through floors, walls and roofs when I use them though.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for the lack of updates lately. Turns out even the habitually unemployed cant play videogames every day. I have managed to get a few things done however.

Added a water feature:
yE2MGLJ.png

lrVavJ7.png

Also set up an Immersive Engineering excavator. Luckily for me, theres an infinite pyrite vein (iron and sulfur ore) right next to the industrial building. I plan to set up an overly complex processing system for it using Magneticraft machines, conveyor belts and those awesome robotic arms.
fUDcb11.png

Adagiovibe

Jul 29, 2019
Looks great! I'll be trying out Magneticraft soon but I wish there was more documentation out for it..

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Love that last screenshot, even though I'm not following what's going on. Is an infinite pyrite vein literally infinite?

Works a bit like the MFR laser. But first you have to scan chunks with a certain machine to see if there is a "mineral deposit". By default the deposits are finite but I changed the setting for that. Then you build the machine and let it rip. This pyrite couldnt have been in a better place.

Looks great! I'll be trying out Magneticraft soon but I wish there was more documentation out for it..

Theres in-game documentation coming in future updates, but its easy to build the multi block structures, easier than following IE's guide book. right click the main block and it shows ghost blocks where you place the others. These two mods are a lot alike (IE and Magneticraft). They both even have powelines and posts. Magneticraft is more realistic and has its own power system, IE is more polished.

Last edited:

Adagiovibe

Jul 29, 2019
So you'll have infinite iron and sulfur streaming in to your base for the rest of your playthrough? :p