Epic Fail stories

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
Yesterday i thought "Why isnt my MFFS working, il just fly up and see if the blocks actually come" blocks spawned right below me, i lagged POOF

Died, nearly lost my Graivsuit, but luckily the forcefield ran out of FE :3

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
How much=the maximum amount.

The absolute maximum you can increase a forestry engine by is 12 MJ/t, for a total of 16MJ/t. You do this by putting 2 tin and 2 bronze tubes on the board (the max of both allowed). This is not the most efficient configuration (0.28 mj/eu ticks) but it's one of the strongest single outputs in the game that is not an energy cell.

A common "efficient" configuration is 2 tin and 2 iron, which is closer to 0.33 mj/eu ticks.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, that seems useful. I usually get my BC energy up before IC2 with boilers anyways, so it's not something I'd use often.

khofmann

Jul 29, 2019
Tier 5 blaze shard in hand and a ghast blew me into lava

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Nefroz

Jul 29, 2019
My worst effort was putting a new spawner in our base for endermen. Already had a T5 skele, zombie & creeper spawner up there, added a new setup with pistons & wiring so I could drop endermen down the same chute into our base for leg-chopping. Unfortunately I didn't consider the whole picking up blocks part & some of our base still had dirt walls (temporary stuff) - as soon as I turned it on they started ripping apart the system on the way down and even worse they managed to grab a block that had the bundled cable for the off switch attached to it, turning on the zombie skele & creepers, and also open up an exit at the bottom so they could all walk out into the base.

Long story short our base got totally taken over by 4 tier 5 spawners worth of mobs churning into it. Managed to get out the door & fly up and get levers turning off all the spawners, but it took AGES to actually get our base back cause it was wall-to-wall mobs & terrifying amounts of creepers mixed in. My mate who shared the house wasn't impressed :p

I can imagine them saying stuff like "They've fallen into our trap! be free my fellow monsters, kill them, kill them all, and claim this place as our own for the good of monsterkind!"

Reactions: EternalDensity

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
I always forget that you need bookshelves for enchanting.

AW YEAH got an enchanting table, time to use this 45 leve.......... wait, this needs bookshelves FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUU!!!!

Edit: I also forget about the igneous extruder and waste diamonds in a pick.

breeeze

Jul 29, 2019
Had my water liquiducts running right next to my steam boiler, broke 1 block of the water tank to add a valve, liquiduct instantly connected to the boiler and filled my entire water system with steam. Luckily I was able to shut down my combustion engines in time, but my quarry setup (also with combustion engines) was blown to pieces and I had to replace every single water pipe in my base...
Not to mention my portal got destroyed by the explosion so I had to travel about 2500 blocks to get to the quarry.

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
Not really and FTB fail but the first time I played MC I attacked a wolf to see what it dropped, bad idea

YellowMiner

Jul 29, 2019
Gregtech machines have max EU/t input wrote under their name? Why look at it?
I' m sure this shiny new centrifuge can use 128 EU/t like the electrolyser wich is next to it.

And then, there have been a giant explosion.

It destroying all my IC2/Gregtech stuff, wich dropped on the ground.

The bronze armor saved me, so i could watch the damaged blast furnace, the railcraft one, with lava in it, empty it's contents around the place, burning evry machine i had.

Later, I pickaxed my new Gregtech blast furnace.

Reactions: giesergast

DRH1469

Jul 29, 2019
Note to self: When fighting blazes, make sure you have your jet pack and fire resistance! Falling though a hole in the ground without my jet pack into lava was a bad idea!