Ender Pearls

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Nocturnes

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,

I'm playing monster at the moment and i'm still working on my tesseracts. The shitty thing is that we need ender pearls for endurium bars. But i was rly wondering how you people get the ender pearls fast?

I've looked the web and some people say: Go to the end and make a 5x5 roof above your head and look at endermen.

Others say, dark room

Other say seeds....

I never played with seeds and i never went on a killing night for endermen.

Does anyone have some tips?

The end seems like a very sweet place as it is stacked with them...only, how to get there?

I hope someone can help me out on this?!...

Thx!

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Monster? try to get 1 pearl, either by killing an enderman, or being lucky and find some pearl dust in dungeon chests.
if you've 1 pearl, start using your Mimichrite that you've probably found a few from by now, and combine it with your ender pearl
this will give you 2x the ender pearl dust in return, when you've done that, combine all the dust back into a pearl and keep repeating this

it's a good way of starting out with getting ender pearls

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Get one ender pearl.

As someone mentioned above, there's a (bit of a cheaty) way to get more using mimichite. It'll turn one pearl into 16 pearl dust (and you need 9 to make dust into another pearl) so it's not quite doubling, but it's enough to get you started, especially since you only need 8 for your first two tesseracts.

Once you have enough, you can make ender seeds from Magical Crops, this takes a bit of getting to since you need to make enough weak essence and regular essence crops to make the strong infusion stone, but once you have your first ender seed you have a renewable supply of them.

This is especially handy if/when you come to make a powersuit using the TE3 recipes and end up needing 22 filled tesseract frames for your force field emitters :3

Narc

Jul 29, 2019
If you can find an ominous woods, a dark room trap there should give you quite a few more endermen than in most other biomes short of the End.

Reactions: asb3pe

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
And could someone also say how to get out of the end? Once you get there? :D

What @RedBoss said. The End is called The End in vanilla for a reason.

But, in modded MC, if you have Mystcraft installed, I highly recommend taking a linking book that is set (linked already) to your base in the overworld. And, bring a blank linking book so you can make a link to The End so you can get back and forth easily.

Reactions: RedBoss

XLT_Frank

Jul 29, 2019
Seeds to go them with mfr to harvest. Once you have some, grow them on Ender core.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I know it is very controversial and I might get outcast for saying this... But I just go out and... cant believe I am actually saying this... I just go out and well... Kill some Endermen...

:p

Well, that is the ideal. However i've found that Endercowards have a habit of not returning once they teleport away. It makes them hard to kill unless you can find a lategame weapon to one-shot them with...

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Well, that is the ideal. However i've found that Endercowards have a habit of not returning once they teleport away. It makes them hard to kill unless you can find a lategame weapon to one-shot them with...
Yeah I have seen that behavior too in Monster and I think I figured out what is causing it. Openblocks(I think it is, I get these "add random blocks mods" mixed together) adds their own flavour of Endermen (often carrying a backpack) which teleports away straight away when taking damage(compared to the vanilla enderman that will fight you until you look at it).

EDIT: Its Better Storage that adds this Enderman(The Frienderman). Apparently there is this whole deal about having to trade him an Enderchest to get a Ender Backpack from him.

Best bet is still to just go out into the desert during the night(if you have the armour/weapons to survive it!) and kill some endermen. You get plenty of the vanilla kind there.

Last edited:

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I think the best way is to hit endermen in the feet & legs. I never have teleport issues when I do that. The only time they are really cowardly is when its been day long enough to kill all the burnable mobs.

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I think the best way is to hit endermen in the feet & legs. I never have teleport issues when I do that. The only time they are really cowardly its been day long enough to kill all the burnable mobs.
Yeah the problem is the Frienderman as I mentioned that have a complete different behaviour. They are friendly mobs and you can stand and stare at them all you want, but will try and teleport away from any hostile actions. They look pretty much the same as normal Enderman, only with a green backpack.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah the problem is the Frienderman as I mentioned that have a complete different behaviour. They are friendly mobs and you can stand and stare at them all you want, but will try and teleport away from any hostile actions. They look pretty much the same as normal Enderman, only with a green backpack.

I thought they were extremely rare. Are you saying that every enderman spawns as friendly?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I thought they were extremely rare. Are you saying that every enderman spawns as friendly?
No normal enderman still spawns. But in my experience the Frienderman are not at all rare. Usually they also spawn in groups of 3-4. Also see them a lot out and about during the day in contrast to normal endermen.

Er, even in vanilla Endermen are neutral until you look at them.
Yes but these will continue to be neutral when you stare at them or even after you hit them and they teleported away.

Last edited:

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I know it is very controversial and I might get outcast for saying this... But I just go out and... cant believe I am actually saying this... I just go out and well... Kill some Endermen...

:p

Heaven forbid! Doing things the way they were intended to be done... For shame!!! :D