Ender Pearls

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Everyone saying Open Fields and hit their feet, and they're 3 tall you're 2 tall, do the math, etc etc, let me present my ender pearl hut.

No pictures right now because computer must charge(yay laptop and non-standard charger that can't hit the needed amperage!), but here's the idea: Make a hut. Make sure it is either accessed from below like a tower but is flush with the ground, or make sure the doors are zombie proof. Next, add windows along the sides to strike through, but make sure one can defend against skeletons and/or creepers as well. Then, staredown a enderman when you see him, look away, and wait. He'll find his way over to you, then just kill him. Add a loot collection system on the walls if needed, and bobs you're uncle, a vanilla style enderman killing room on the overworld!

I've been working on vanilla style mob killing since I realized they are all very early game.

and here I am just hiding under 4 block tall trees

Reactions: Padfoote and YX33A

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
and here I am just hiding under 4 block tall trees
Well killing endermen is fairly simple and achievable with the most basic of vanilla methods. The issue here has just been sidetracked due to a singular mod changing vanilla spawn rules.

Go out at night, find cover, stare at teleporting weirdos, attack their feet, then profit.

Reactions: YX33A

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
Personally I love to use an MFR enderfarm as the enderman don't teleport out of it when they are hurt. All you really need to do to get the mob essence is make a cursed earth spawning room and kill them with a grinder.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Personally I love to use an MFR enderfarm as the enderman don't teleport out of it when they are hurt. All you really need to do to get the mob essence is make a cursed earth spawning room and kill them with a grinder.

or use an AoE weapon to kill the endermen and pick up the experience with a sewer, which will give you a profit in mob essence
I like to use a TiC Scythe with alot of quartz and lapiz on it

Reactions: buggirlexpres

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
or use an AoE weapon to kill the endermen and pick up the experience with a sewer, which will give you a profit in mob essence
I like to use a simple BM spell: a zombie head and a water bucket, which inflicts 6 seconds of drowning on everything around you

Sent from my Genetic Lifeform and Disk Operating System using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kill-Joy

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
If you don't mind "semi exploiting" it, then you could just use conveyor belts and turtles and let the sewers pick up the XP and run it as a closed system with a profit on mob essence.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
If you don't mind "semi exploiting" it, then you could just use conveyor belts and turtles and let the sewers pick up the XP and run it as a closed system with a profit on mob essence.

I always find annoying how items and experience seem to get stuck on convery belts and starts glitching
so I always try to leave around a 3x3 area at the slaughter area without conveyor belts, hence why I need an AoE weapon to kill all the mobs

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
I have a solution for you guys.

Find a magic forest and mine for diamonds around level 5. You will fine rare hives that usualy give an ender pearl when you scoop them. WIth a tico hammer and a backpack you should reliably find an ender pearl before you pack is full of stones. So it's not bad at all. And you get glowstones, diamonds, gold, lead, restone, essence ore, etc... So the trip is really worth it.

Yes, this is what I do if I'm struggling too much for Ender Pearls. The Oblivion bees are pretty much useless, but the Ender Pearls are nice.