EMC - EE - Energy Condenser

raiju

Jul 29, 2019
Last I checked the reason the blaze loop was useful was because of it's use as fuel on the EMC cycle. It that doesn't exist the exploit no longer exists as macerating blaze rods was awkward in itself (and something I convinced my server admin to stop doing)

I think people overestimate the value of diamonds in the current FTB packs. Direwolf20 has mystcraft where all I need to say is dense ores and everyone will understand. Mindcrack has twilight forest and gregtech, which both add ways to get diamonds easily (nikolite makes diamond dust in a grinder, twilight forest hills easily net you 100+ diamonds each on the large hills)

TheLoneWolfling

Jul 29, 2019
Last I checked the reason the blaze loop was useful was because of it's use as fuel on the EMC cycle. It that doesn't exist the exploit no longer exists as macerating blaze rods was awkward in itself (and something I convinced my server admin to stop doing)
It apparently either does or will auto-nerf itself to the best recipe.

I think people overestimate the value of diamonds in the current FTB packs. Direwolf20 has mystcraft where all I need to say is dense ores and everyone will understand. Mindcrack has twilight forest and gregtech, which both add ways to get diamonds easily (nikolite makes diamond dust in a grinder, twilight forest hills easily net you 100+ diamonds each on the large hills)
My biggest problem is always iron in any modpack. So many things depend on it.

raiju

Jul 29, 2019
My biggest problem in the current modpack is tin, until recently it was copper but we made an assembly table with many lazors and that isn't an issue. The problem with copper and tin though is that they aren't regular spawns in twilight stalactites as far as I can tell. Iron has been an issue occasionally but I always use steel were possible to maximize the amount of crafts I get (such as 3 steel 3 aluminum 3 bronze = 4 mixed metal ingots instead of 2 for refined iron/bronze/tin), I'll probably push up to tungsten when I feel like upgrading the blast furnace for that too.

I should also be looking at tin replacements now :p Gotta say I know a lot of people dislike the 98345938 recipe alternatives but I find it really useful as it allows me to make use of different techs a lot more at the same time.

Ifandbut

Jul 29, 2019
If being able to turn useless free stuff like cobble into diamonds or fuel or even conjure it out of the sky is not "too easy" then I don't know what is, sorry.

So giving useless items a use is a bad thing?
It takes about a 20x20x20 cube of cobble to make one diamond. That is alot of ground. Besides, what do you do with the million stacks of cobble a decent sized quarry digs up anyways?

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
It takes about a 20x20x20 cube of cobble to make one diamond. That is alot of ground. Besides, what do you do with the million stacks of cobble a decent sized quarry digs up anyways?
That's kinda beside the point, I'd say. Of course one will sooner or later literally swim in cobblestone. But that does not mean all the cobblestone (wich always is the very most common block next to dirt) is meant to make diamonds (the very rarest item next to emeralds) become easily available. I mean, really? 8k cobble is not that hard to gather, especially considering tunnel bores and/or quarries. I could set up a filler-system autobuilding all the cobble into 20³ cubes and voilà, I no longer swim in cobblestone, but in diamonds. Which in terms of balance / cost is.. rather "meh". Well, at least for me it is. Meaning, I would not want to play like that in SSP nor would I want to be on a server that uses systems like these. But opinions may differ. ^^

Ifandbut

Jul 29, 2019
You just shot your first argument in the foot with the second half of the last sentence.
Forgive me but I must be missing something.

That's kinda beside the point, I'd say. Of course one will sooner or later literally swim in cobblestone. But that does not mean all the cobblestone (wich always is the very most common block next to dirt) is meant to make diamonds (the very rarest item next to emeralds) become easily available.

So what do you do with all your extra cobble or dirt or gravel? Honestly, the only reason I am trying to add EE2 to my version of DW20 is to have a use for the barrel full of cobble I have already in my world.

raiju

Jul 29, 2019
I can easily use 100000's of cobble building, 1000's of cobble go into sand, probably 10000's

Build something truly large (#00x#00x#00) which uses cobblestone for foundation, or stone bricks, or reinforced stone, etc.

I used 10000's of reinforced stone in the ground floor for my most recent workshop

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
So what do you do with all your extra cobble or dirt or gravel? Honestly, the only reason I am trying to add EE2 to my version of DW20 is to have a use for the barrel full of cobble I have already in my world.
You could use the tools already included in the mod packs, e.g. have the cobble sent to one or more recyclers to produce scrap, send said scrap into a mass / matter fabricator to create UU matter. The end result is the same(as 9 UU equal one diamond), but the path there is, hum, more 'in line' with the rest of the mods. As always, that's just my opinion. :)

Other ideas off the top of my head would be: A geothermal generator coupled with a magma crucible could be used as a source of EU, or leave the generator out of it and use the lava elsewhere, say, in an igneous extruder, or thermopiles or magmatic engines for MJ -something along these lines. And finally, send all the cobblestone that still is left to a carpenter and have it package them up in crates - which in turn means, a nonupgraded barrel will then hold 576 cobble (9*64) - all that would cost is a bit of water and some logs for the crates.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019

You always reply to posts well over a month old?

Yes, being able to turn stuff that you can conjure out of thin air into something that is supposed to be relatively rare is a bad thing. Especially if it's very easy to do. You proved that point rather well with the second part of your comment (the millions of useless cobble).

Fortunately the condenser isn't ever going to come back.

Ifandbut

Jul 29, 2019
Other ideas off the top of my head would be: A geothermal generator coupled with a magma crucible could be used as a source of EU, or leave the generator out of it and use the lava elsewhere, say, in an igneous extruder, or thermopiles or magmatic engines for MJ -something along these lines. And finally, send all the cobblestone that still is left to a carpenter and have it package them up in crates - which in turn means, a nonupgraded barrel will then hold 576 cobble (9*64) - all that would cost is a bit of water and some logs for the crates.

I remember looking into the magma crucible and thought it used more energy then I would get out of it. The route I was using was geothermal generator -> electric engine -> magma crucible -> geothermal. I forget the exact math but I did not think it was worth it. Please correct me if I was wrong

You always reply to posts well over a month old?

Yes, being able to turn stuff that you can conjure out of thin air into something that is supposed to be relatively rare is a bad thing. Especially if it's very easy to do. You proved that point rather well with the second part of your comment (the millions of useless cobble).

Fortunately the condenser isn't ever going to come back.

I was looking to see if anyone got FTB and EE2 working together before I spent a bunch of time trying to get it working myself.

And while cobble might not be "usless" per say, *I* tend to always have way more then I know what to do with and would like to give it a use (which I guess will be recycling).

TheLoneWolfling

Jul 29, 2019
I remember looking into the magma crucible and thought it used more energy then I would get out of it. The route I was using was geothermal generator -> electric engine -> magma crucible -> geothermal. I forget the exact math but I did not think it was worth it. Please correct me if I was wrong.

It's only worth it if you use netherrack.

Personally, it's no longer worth it at all.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
Equivalent Exchange was one of the greatest, funnest, highest quality mods in my opinion. People complained about it being OP and unbalanced, and yes, some parts of it was. But in EE3, it's getting nerfed into the ground so rather than it being unique and adding that "equality" into the game, it uses durability and stuff. :/

Reactions: TheLoneWolfling

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
EE3's a WIP, Pahimar plans to add tons of stuff, including a craftable Philosopher's Stone (I think.)

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
EE2 Is equivalent exchange.

Tekkit is like FTB, it's a mod pack EE2 was in Tekkit.

EE2 is said to not be added to any FTB pack, however it's speculated that EE3 it's successor will be in the magic pack. That's also some heavy speculation too.
Shit is also apparently different.

I'd give my opinion of the mod or at least EE2 as it's the only one I've played but... as many people have failed to realize the OP was not asking for such info.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
I'd give my opinion of the mod or at least EE2 as it's the only one I've played but... as many people have failed to realize the OP was not asking for such info.

The OP asked if the energy condenser (or a similar item) is in FTB well over a month ago and was answered that this isn't the case well over a month ago. It was also said that the dev who created EE2 is now working on a total rewrite (EE3) and that this rewrite will not include something similar to the energy condenser.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
If you think your method of enjoying Minecraft and its assorted mods is the only valid method, you need to rethink how you... think.
Some people feel that the game is more of a competition and a challenge than a game. This is why things become "balanced" rather than fun or advantageous.

Katrinya

Jul 29, 2019
Some people feel that the game is more of a competition and a challenge than a game. This is why things become "balanced" rather than fun or advantageous.

Those people are welcome to chose to play exclusively with others who share their feelings about balance. They still don't get to tell everyone else the right way to play. For many people, myself included, Minecraft is a mode of relaxation and creative expression. It's fine to play with a competitive mindset if that's what you enjoy, but not fine to insist that everyone else do the same.

Reactions: Chocorate