EMC - EE - Energy Condenser

BradyHeath

Jul 29, 2019
Just wondering what equivalent exchange is.
Tekkit had an item called 'energy condenser' which gave you EMC for each item and could be change into various other items.

Does feed the beast have this or an item that does that same thing?

AlexUbel

Jul 29, 2019
While I can't speak with certainty, I think that the current Equivalent Exchange has removed the item.

Hawcian

Jul 29, 2019
Equivalent Exchange 3 (link goes to Minecraft Forum thread). It's still pretty early in development, and EMC is not yet implemented. But yes, the mod dev has stated condensers will be replaced with some other mechanic.

zagan

Jul 29, 2019
EE is a bit like thumacraft, in that it gives everything some sort of added info, that's important to the mod rather than the item itself.

EE gives everything an EMC cost, it's a bit like money but you use energy to pay for things, there's different ways to build up your "money" energy... energy condenser is needed to convert the energy into items but overall there's 2 other parts besides the condenser.

But it's stioll usable without the 2 other parts the main reason for all the EMC gen machines are to produce EMC with just the condenser.

dirtybeatfreak

Jul 29, 2019
They are indeed being removed. Tekkit were probably still running EE2. The mod devs aim is to make EE3 a lot more balanced than previous versions. Any powerful items will be end game and will be extremely high cost to make (his words) He has also removed the Destruction Catylst and simular items.

Belone

Jul 29, 2019
Well according to the EE Wiki, which means this could be completely wrong, it stands for Energy-Matter Currency. So yes this could be a play on E=MC^2 since the E & M in the equation stand for Energy and Matter.[DOUBLEPOST=1357834383][/DOUBLEPOST]Oops just remembered the M in E=MC^2 stands for Mass not matter... Been a few years since Physics class.

Junithorn

Jul 29, 2019
Condenser, relays, alchemical chest, and collectors have all been removed in EE3. If you think the game should have any of these you need to rethink how you play.

Mutabulis

Jul 29, 2019
Condenser, relays, alchemical chest, and collectors have all been removed in EE3. If you think the game should have any of these you need to rethink how you play.

Wow that's rather judgmental.

And while Pahimar is changing things up quite a bit, and I believe he stated the condenser would not be returning, the mod is still very much in alpha and might have more goodies from EE2 returning as it progresses, or new goodies, like the Boots of the Direwolf.

Junithorn

Jul 29, 2019
Wow that's rather judgmental.

And while Pahimar is changing things up quite a bit, and I believe he stated the condenser would not be returning, the mod is still very much in alpha and might have more goodies from EE2 returning as it progresses, or new goodies, like the Boots of the Direwolf.

Just stating facts. If anyone wants to contest that EE2 was pointlessly easy and boring go ahead and try. As for the blocks, if I can find the quote I'll link it but it was stated they were removed.

Belone

Jul 29, 2019
Just stating facts. If anyone wants to contest that EE2 was pointlessly easy and boring go ahead and try. As for the blocks, if I can find the quote I'll link it but it was stated they were removed.

Opinion, not fact :p Subtle difference, I know but just pointing that out. Regardless I do agree EE2 was rather easy and I am really looking forward to EE3. As for the quote you are looking for there is a list of things that are planned to remain from EE2 or be removed on the actual EE3 post on the MCF here:- http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1540010-equivalent-exchange-3-pre1f/

Junithorn

Jul 29, 2019
Opinion, not fact :p Subtle difference, I know but just pointing that out. Regardless I do agree EE2 was rather easy and I am really looking forward to EE3. As for the quote you are looking for there is a list of things that are planned to remain from EE2 or be removed on the actual EE3 post on the MCF here:- http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1540010-equivalent-exchange-3-pre1f/

Hah, I'm well aware of the difference, that doesn't change the fact that EE2 made the game boring and easy.

TheLoneWolfling

Jul 29, 2019
Hah, I'm well aware of the difference, that doesn't change the fact that EE2 made the game boring and easy.
Easier, yes. Mind you, so does IC2.

Boring? I would disagree with that. The most fun I've had with MC was with EE2. It removed the tedious parts while retaining the variety (You still have to go to a nether fortress at some point, etc.)

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
If being able to turn useless free stuff like cobble into diamonds or fuel or even conjure it out of the sky is not "too easy" then I don't know what is, sorry.

raiju

Jul 29, 2019
While I feel EE2 was far too easy for any server I play on - people are allowed their opinions. I thought this was also the whole point of different packs.

I'm not sure how anyone would attempt to defend the collector-condenser flowers though. You might as well be on creative with them. I personally enjoy playing creative but for different reasons than survival and I like to keep my worlds separate.

The bits bout EE2 that were acceptable were the exchange, although I would like to see limitations on later versions. I dislike that someone can turn almost anything into almost anything else instantly once you had a bit of power stored up in your star, and I would like either that you can only change items based on say... properties (a bit like thaumcraft), tier (to stop getting difficult things just by clicking on easy things), or have set transmutes which I wouldn't mind being powerful as long as the powerful ones were limited in some way (variety, path to unlock, number of uses, anything really)

TheLoneWolfling

Jul 29, 2019
While I feel EE2 was far too easy for any server I play on - people are allowed their opinions.
I'm not sure how anyone would attempt to defend the collector-condenser flowers though.
Self-contradiction, much?

Although, it wasn't the flowers that were the real problem, IMO. It was that you could easily do loops (blaze rods, dark rooms, etc.)

The bits bout EE2 that were acceptable were the exchange, although I would like to see limitations on later versions. I dislike that someone can turn almost anything into almost anything else instantly once you had a bit of power stored up in your star, and I would like either that you can only change items based on say... properties (a bit like thaumcraft), tier (to stop getting difficult things just by clicking on easy things), or have set transmutes which I wouldn't mind being powerful as long as the powerful ones were limited in some way (variety, path to unlock, number of uses, anything really)
Unfortunately, the charm of EE2 was exactly that - that you could trade anything for anything else.

Properties would either conflict with Thaumcraft, or be a duplicate of it.

Tiers would only work as long as NOTHING can convert between tiers. (coal -> diamonds, for example) This includes other mods, and as such is impossible.

Set transmutes... Would generally be exploitative or useless, I think. Could you give an example that would be useful that couldn't be exploited?
I don't know what you mean by "variety".
As for a path to unlock - remember that EE2 had a rather large setup cost, and that most people playing with Thaumcraft have everything useful unlocked.
Number of uses? Any transmute component that can be automated can be repaired or replaced automatically.
Not allowing automation? a) good luck. b) people probably simply wouldn't use it. It's the reason why almost no-one uses IC2 crops.

raiju

Jul 29, 2019
Self-contradiction, much?

I didn't say you couldn't, I just said I don't know how. Selective quoting makes your argument appear stronger though, I agree.

Unfortunately, the charm of EE2 was exactly that - that you could trade anything for anything else.

Equivalent Exchange's charm could be conversion that don't give loss, which is exactly what the name says. It can have it's own unique use doing this in any of the ways I suggested without conflicting with thaumcraft and such.

Tiers would only work as long as NOTHING can convert between tiers. (coal -> diamonds, for example) This includes other mods, and as such is impossible.

I disagree. Intermixing addons to create links is fine. It is EQUIVALENT exchange and therefore you would be paying an equivalent amount on the same tier, much like how it's 64 coal + 1 flint is required to make that diamond, not to mention the slight extra EU. Almost everything is renewable due to mods anyway it just becomes an issue of progression between tiers being natural and not feel OP.

Set transmutes... Would generally be exploitative or useless, I think. Could you give an example that would be useful that couldn't be exploited?

I don't know, useless in your eyes my not be useless in others though.

As for a path to unlock - remember that EE2 had a rather large setup cost, and that most people playing with Thaumcraft have everything useful unlocked.
Number of uses? Any transmute component that can be automated can be repaired or replaced automatically.
Not allowing automation? a) good luck. b) people probably simply wouldn't use it. It's the reason why almost no-one uses IC2 crops.

EE2's setup cost was destroyed by how easily it created it's own energy. 1 condenser and 1 collector and you were set. Done, the rest was inevitable as a result. It went against the whole original concept of the mod, in my opinion.

EE's namesake suggests it should be something to allow you to collect alternate materials for the same goal. Say turning coal into charcoal is an equivalent exchange that makes it more useful.

TheLoneWolfling

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't say you couldn't, I just said I don't know how. Selective quoting makes your argument appear stronger though, I agree.
What part did I cut out that was important?

Equivalent Exchange's charm could be conversion that don't give loss, which is exactly what the name says. It can have it's own unique use doing this in any of the ways I suggested without conflicting with thaumcraft and such.
What ways did you suggest that don't conflict?

I disagree. Intermixing addons to create links is fine. It is EQUIVALENT exchange and therefore you would be paying an equivalent amount on the same tier, much like how it's 64 coal + 1 flint is required to make that diamond, not to mention the slight extra EU.
So what about when a mod makes a relatively inexpensive way to turn a low-tier item into a high-tier item, as defined by EE?
So what is your solution to dark rooms? Make one bone meal equivalent to the potential maximum number of plants you get?
Also, how do you keep it equivalent exchange with items like torches, where they can be made with ether expensive items (coal) and inexpensive items (charcoal)?

I don't know, useless in your eyes my not be useless in others though.
Something that is useful but not exploitative in your opinion, then.

1 condenser and 1 collector and you were set. Done, the rest was inevitable as a result. It went against the whole original concept of the mod, in my opinion.
Agreed, and agreed. However, unfortunately the transmutation itself did the same thing - I played on a server at one point that had condensers disabled, and people still found loops.

Say turning coal into charcoal is an equivalent exchange that makes it more useful.
Agreed in general, although I personally found that one not very useful as all my coal went to industrial diamonds anyway.
Although one could consider the reverse of that operation exploitative (and EE being EE, one should be able to transmute either way), as IC2 doesn't allow charcoal dust for industrial diamonds for a reason.