ELORAAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I thought that logic was a tad odd. I mean, if a piece of software is collecting data about what pieces of software are being used, it would stand to reason that the software doing the collecting is going to be the one that it reports as most used.
OverYourHead.PNG

NSDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Am I the only one who is thinking of the following:

Project: Red is to Redpower what OpenTTD is to Transport Tycoon Deluxe, in that the first is a reimplementation of the second.

Buuuuuuut I don't know of any drama that sprung because of OpenTTD vs original TTD

Other things that come to mind are h.264 vs x264, Microsoft SMB vs the Samba project, the Win32 API vs Wine, Windows 9x vs ReactOS (which someone here already mentioned), etc. but in these cases the original project is just closed instead of also having been abandoned or discontinued.

Reactions: Planetguy and Vasa

asiekierka

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
Dec 24, 2013
Am I the only one who is thinking of the following:

Project: Red is to Redpower what OpenTTD is to Transport Tycoon Deluxe, in that the first is a reimplementation of the second.

Buuuuuuut I don't know of any drama that sprung because of OpenTTD vs original TTD

Other things that come to mind are h.264 vs x264, Microsoft SMB vs the Samba project, the Win32 API vs Wine, Windows 9x vs ReactOS (which someone here already mentioned), etc. but in these cases the original project is just closed instead of also having been abandoned or discontinued.

No. Though you are a bit mistaken - ReactOS IS intended to be a FOSS reimplementation of Windows NT, and Windows NT is still being developed. Others are implementing the same API and not actually cloning it, so a better comparison would be that h.264 vs x264 is like TE3 vs. Mekanism - they both use RF, but in different ways and mechanics.

The reason few people cared about OpenTTD is that the original TTD authors didn't care. But certain Mario and Pokemon fan games were shut down by Nintendo before, so it's a mixed bag.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, I've registered a channel for this.
#EloraamDrama on irc.esper.net
People with op are:
-trajing
-Padfoote
-SatanicSanta
I'll be on most, if not all, of the night, so join and debate! But please don't turn it into a shitfest.

Reactions: Skvapter and DREVL

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
People with op are:
-trajing
-Padfoote
-SatanicSanta
I'll be on most, if not all, of the night, so join and debate! But please don't turn it into a shitfest.

Erm, why am I an OP?

Reactions: RedBoss

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
People with op are:
-trajing
-Padfoote
-SatanicSanta
-Gideonseymour
FTFY

Also this is something that is very true:
[20:56] <Gideonseymour> I hate this thread
[20:56] <Gideonseymour> But I really like watching people argue over the drama

b0h

Jul 29, 2019
People with op are:
-trajing
-Padfoote
-SatanicSanta

This can't end well...

Reactions: unknown zombie

Skvapter

Jul 29, 2019
People with op are:
-trajing
-Padfoote
-SatanicSanta

Trajing, I don't get what the big issue is, (not saying this to you, just as a question in general, I love you.) Eloraam's a mod author, she does with her mods as she will, why does everyone feel the right to hate on her for not updating RP2? Did she make a promise or something? I'd understand if she promised to update the mod but I still don't get the outburst.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Trajing, I don't get what the big issue is, (not saying this to you, just as a question in general, I love you.) Eloraam's a mod author, she does with her mods as she will, why does everyone feel the right to hate on her for not updating RP2? Did she make a promise or something? I'd understand if she promised to update the mod but I still don't get the outburst.
You and me both, brother. Then again, people love to bitch.

Skvapter

Jul 29, 2019
You and me both, brother. Then again, people love to bitch.

IMO Eloraam's a fantastic mod developer and I really hope for the best with her new work on RP3, I don't care if it's in FTB or Not, I loved RP2 but I wasn't quite frankly (apologizes for the vulgar language) arsed when it stopped getting updated. I've got Blood Magic.
And we all know that Blood Magic is love,
Blood Magic is life.
Blood Magic takes your life if you're not careful.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
IMO Eloraam's a fantastic mod developer and I really hope for the best with her new work on RP3, I don't care if it's in FTB or Not, I loved RP2 but I wasn't quite frankly (apologizes for the vulgar language) arsed when it stopped getting updated. I've got Blood Magic.
And we all know that Blood Magic is love,
Blood Magic is life.
Blood Magic takes your life if you're not careful.
Why can't I like more than once? :(

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013

There are people who love her and are a little crazy about it, and others who hate her for whatever reason. When those two groups meet, it turns into an all out drama war. This current bit of drama, however, is due to one her tweets, saying that the RP clones are in "a bit of an awkward legal position", or something like that. And using the L-word is guaranteed to start a flame war.

Skvapter

Jul 29, 2019
There are people who love her and are a little crazy about it, and others who hate her for whatever reason. When those two groups meet, it turns into an all out drama war. This current bit of drama, however, is due to one her tweets, saying that the RP clones are in "a bit of an awkward legal position", or something like that. And using the L-word is guaranteed to start a flame war.

Guess we'll need to round up ye'olde Blood Mages and get prepared.

Moving on to a more serious reply, she should stop talking about RP in such a way then, because you say it like she disregards all consequences to her tweets, or yet, she's unaware. If someone let her know the chaos she brings when she discusses the clones of RP then she'd probably find the decency to stop. Then again, she may be doing this intentionally, but I doubt it, just considering both sides.

Reactions: Narc
Status
Not open for further replies.