ELORAAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Ahem. I think Dredd 3D would like to have a word with you. :p There's plenty more reboots that hold up or even surpass the originals. There's a lot of films that people probably don't even know are remakes that were better than the originals. Although, I guess a lot of that is subjective so it's hard to make the point that there are. I guess all I'm saying is I disagree! xD
You made a great point, but why on Earth did you choose Dredd 3D as your example? It may be better than the original by some margin, but that's not really an achievement.

ZeCowMan

Jul 29, 2019
You made a great point, but why on Earth did you choose Dredd 3D as your example? It may be better than the original by some margin, but that's not really an achievement.

It was one of the first examples of a reboot being better than the original that popped in my head. It didn't have to be a huge achievement. It just had to be better than the original. Also, considering how well it was received, it's one of the more objective examples. I'm sure some people liked the '95 version better but, for the most part, people seemed to have liked the reboot better.

Anyways.. It's probably best not to keep this off-topic discussion going. I just wanted to toss my two cents in because I'm a bit of a film geek. xD

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
It was one of the first examples of a reboot being better than the original that popped in my head. It didn't have to be a huge achievement. It just had to be better than the original. Also, considering how well it was received, it's one of the more objective examples. I'm sure some people liked the '95 version better but, for the most part, people seemed to have liked the reboot better.

Anyways.. It's probably best not to keep this off-topic discussion going. I just wanted to toss my two cents in because I'm a bit of a film geek. xD

People liked the '95 version? I'm waiting for the inevitable Brett Ratner version as it might actually be better than both.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
It was one of the first examples of a reboot being better than the original that popped in my head. It didn't have to be a huge achievement. It just had to be better than the original.
It was better because it actually remained true to the source material. That source material being the comic.

ZeCowMan

Jul 29, 2019
People liked the '95 version? I'm waiting for the inevitable Brett Ratner version as it might actually be better than both.

I don't know about that.. Aside from Tower Heist, he really hasn't done a decent film since Red Dragon and after X-Men: The Last Stand, I don't have much faith in his directing abilities.

It was better because it actually remained true to the source material. That source material being the comic.

I don't know about that, either. xD The comics were a bit more satirical. It was simply a really entertaining action flick.

Seriously, though. No more off-topic for me. I'm starting to feel guilty about my first post. :p

Eloraam ‏@TheRealEloraam 4 min
Don't worry guys - the things you love the most (frames, tubes, FORTH, etc) are coming back! But a lot of new stuff is coming too!

Woo!!!!

Is it weird that one thing I'd be most excited for is flax? Also windmills!

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
I use tungsten to make tungstensteel and other machinery that needs it (GT), if it is given a use to RP it would be nice (and would require very high tech to produce).

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know about that.. Aside from Tower Heist, he really hasn't done a decent film since Red Dragon and after X-Men: The Last Stand, I don't have much faith in his directing abilities.
I didn't even like Red Dragon. Much preferred Silence of the Lambs or the TV Series Hannibal. I really can't stand the guy's movies, but I still think it'd be better than the '95 Dredd.

ZeCowMan

Jul 29, 2019
What about the possible usage of tungsten? :p

Never! The only use it should ever have is to be a valuable material for transmutation!

Oh the good ol' days.. How I miss thee. I need to figure out how to enable terrain generation in the 1.2.5 FTB pack. I love the current 1.6.4 packs but there was just this feel about the older packs that was just so cool. It seemed to be all about building the biggest and craziest contraptions back then whereas now it's all about efficiency.

INCSlayer

Nov 17, 2012
*Ahem*. We have a General Discussion forum for off-topic stuff. ;)
but but this is a thread about Eloraam isnt there an (until now) unspoken rule that hey HAVE to go offtopic?

also to stay ontopic i have seen her show up and disappear with nary a trace to such a degree that until i actually have the mod downloaded installed and working i wont believe its happening

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
I hope it has a significant chargeup time, with suiting sounds :3
Charge an array of deathrays on a giant sky bridge powered by millions of enviromentally unfriendly windmills and solar panels and blow a giant line in the landscape makng a moat around your base and completely destroy an enemies base, trapping them in a mystcraft age until someone finds a lost linking book and frees them.

Status
Not open for further replies.