Dumb Modular Powersuit Tricks

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Slendigo

Jul 29, 2019
Whats your weight?

Did you tinker the thrusters to max?

Have the boot thrusters? The chest thruster is mostly for horizontal movement. Foot are for vertical.

Yes, I have both and the thrusters are max my weight is... Well I don't know, I have my total mass which is 150 kg but I don't see a weight measurement anywhere.

With a little bit of math I figured out my weight but I'm not sure if it's what you are talking about...

Weight = Force

F = ma

m = 150 kg
a = 9.8 m/s^2

kg m/s^2 = Newton

Weight = 1470 Newtons or 330.47 pounds.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Regarding railgun gliding and whatnot, isn't there also a generator that uses heat as well now? If you had that installed you would be able to dissipate heat a beat quicker while using that method of flight.

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
That method of flight is not that heat-producing. You don't need to fire a lot. It's 1-3 shots and then you just glide. Heat from kinetic generator dissipates pretty quickly. If you are not in Nether. I installed a cooling system just because of Nether.

Mjw

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I have both and the thrusters are max my weight is... Well I don't know, I have my total mass which is 150 kg but I don't see a weight measurement anywhere.

With a little bit of math I figured out my weight but I'm not sure if it's what you are talking about...

Weight = Force

F = ma

m = 150 kg
a = 9.8 m/s^2

kg m/s^2 = Newton

Weight = 1470 Newtons or 330.47 pounds.
You don't want to go above 25kg or you will lose speed and thrust

earlbrownie

Jul 29, 2019
Lol I had no idea and I guess that it does look like it
I am currently trying optifine if it has caused the problem
Also I may not have mentioned it but the gauntlet works as a gauntlet but just looks weird so its probably a visual bug on my account
even so are there any incompatability issues with modular powersuits with anything like optifine or multimc?
thanks again
:)

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
With MPS and Optifine in the beta all of the upgrades show white to me. That could be any combination of things relating to the two, but it does mean there's is some problems with optifine when working with MPS. So yes earl, there are a few incompatibilities.

earlbrownie

Jul 29, 2019
hmmmm
when I remove optifine though some textures go crazy so im not quite sure whats up with it all
I will look into it when I have some time
and the gauntlet remains as a giant foam finger and then the tinker table texture disappears :-(

earlbrownie

Jul 29, 2019
I am using a custom mod pack that I made myself for my own use (e.g. Not An ftb one)
This could bring up some problems as I may not have configured everything correctly and there could be some slight problems with other things as well
:-/

earlbrownie

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, sorry about the very frequent relies
but i think that its a player problem for me
when I throw the gauntlet out it appears as it should but when I pick it up it inst
:-/
no idea what the problem is ill try maxing out my optifine settings and see if that makes a difference

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
With MPS and Optifine in the beta all of the upgrades show white to me. That could be any combination of things relating to the two, but it does mean there's is some problems with optifine when working with MPS. So yes earl, there are a few incompatibilities.

Remove optifine forever. It's really not necessary these days for performance updates. We've had no end of troubles every time it's installed.

Also, make sure that your LWJGL is updated. 2.90 is the version, I think? That's offhand on a mobile device, so I reserve the right to be wrong.

earlbrownie

Jul 29, 2019
Remove optifine forever. It's really not necessary these days for performance updates. We've had no end of troubles every time it's installed.

Also, make sure that your LWJGL is updated. 2.90 is the version, I think? That's offhand on a mobile device, so I reserve the right to be wrong.
Right but when info remove it the foam finger effect doesn't go and some blocks go glitchy
I mean I could remake the entire mod pack from scratch but that would be tedious
Also the actual visuals of the glove are correct when I throw the gauntlet down but still not when I hold it
I think it might just remake the mod pack I think that that would be better anyway

earlbrownie

Jul 29, 2019
Aha may have found the problem
Voxel mods!
I began from scratch by only having forge, ic2 and mps and it worked fine but as soon as I added in voxel stuff things went foam finger style again
Is this a presumably resolved issue machine muse? Or did I just do something weird?

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
I would personally install Optifine, if only for the zoom.
MPS zoom just can't zoom in enough for my liking :/

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
For me I only run in because minecraft loves to make chunks invisible after moving so far until I walk right on top of them without optifine. Not sure what causes it specifically but it started happening after they did the whole server thing in 1.3 -_-