Dumb Modular Powersuit Tricks

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

MachineMuse

Jul 29, 2019
Aha may have found the problem
Voxel mods!
I began from scratch by only having forge, ic2 and mps and it worked fine but as soon as I added in voxel stuff things went foam finger style again
Is this a presumably resolved issue machine muse? Or did I just do something weird?

I rely on the Minecraft internals being somewhat consistent in order to be able to accomplish the functionality MPS offers while still being compatible with other mods. That is what Forge is for. I can't and won't account for mods that change those internals, whether as coremods or jarmods or modloader mods or external patches. Modders have the option of making their mods 100% compatible by using Forge hooks and if necessary, pullrequesting more hooks into Forge. And that's their responsibility.

tl;dr: No, I give 0 shits about voxel mods. ;P

The only non-Forge mod I've tried to support is Smart Moving and it's just too much work because the author hasn't bothered to keep up with the Forge developments and there are thousands of lines of code that would need to be changed to be fully compatible (we've been trying to hack together better solutions in PMs but it's difficult since English isn't his first language and he has no concept of OOP decoupling). Meanwhile, Bibliocraft added support with, I believe, 1 line of code, maybe 2 or 3 for sanity checking because it is a forge mod.

kilteroff

Jul 29, 2019
I can't and won't account for mods that change those internals, whether as coremods or jarmods or modloader mods or external patches

You've added items for Galacticraft though which is a jarmod, is that a special case meaning you too understand the potential of that mod (or more specifically it's api) and we can expect wonderful spacesuit tech? Please oh please let that be the case *_* <3

kilteroff

Jul 29, 2019
I mean honestly, I think GC and MPS were made for each other; have you read planned ideas? They're talking about methane harvesting on Titan to make super fuel for interstellar propulsion. Gravity repulsion upgrades for standing on Jupiter, thermal / pressure upgrades to ice fish on Triton... on and on. Could be the best stuff ever.

MachineMuse

Jul 29, 2019
You've added items for Galacticraft though which is a jarmod, is that a special case meaning you too understand the potential of that mod (or more specifically it's api) and we can expect wonderful spacesuit tech? Please oh please let that be the case *_* <3

No, it just means Galacticraft is forge-based and provides a simple, effective API that took me 2 minutes to implement. Last I checked, though, Micdoodle is slowly moving it towards being a coremod rather than a jarmod, as well.

That said, I'm slowing down on adding new features to MPS and just kinda ironing out what's already there, so hopefully soon I'll get to the point where I can call it a '1.0' release and then people can just add whatever modules they want via the API.

Reactions: kilteroff

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
No, it just means Galacticraft is forge-based and provides a simple, effective API that took me 2 minutes to implement. Last I checked, though, Micdoodle is slowly moving it towards being a coremod rather than a jarmod, as well.

That said, I'm slowing down on adding new features to MPS and just kinda ironing out what's already there, so hopefully soon I'll get to the point where I can call it a '1.0' release and then people can just add whatever modules they want via the API.

Yeah it's definitely nearing that time. Your mod is one of the very best personal tools mods. I'd really love to see you make it super-stable and finish adding the configurable options (e.g., unless you added it really recently the config doesn't have whitelists for things like "what is wood" and "what are valuable ores" and the like, I regenerated the config with a build from last week and didn't see an option). You're already mines ahead of the competition!

Mjw

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anyway to change the recipes? I think the normal ones are too cheap and the gregtech ones too expensive

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anyway to change the recipes? I think the normal ones are too cheap and the gregtech ones too expensive
i think ic2 recipes are a good spot, and probably what you are after. i guess its somewhere in gregtech config

earlbrownie

Jul 29, 2019
sorry about being a bit annoying (voxel world stuff was the problem) and i found out that I dont even need it
and also a modder quoted on one of my posts (even though annoyed) thank you!
:)

Heliomance

Jul 29, 2019
i think ic2 recipes are a good spot, and probably what you are after. i guess its somewhere in gregtech config

Why on earth would it be in the GregTech config? o_O It's in the Modular Powersuits config, which is the only sensible place for it. Seriously, what?

Also no, you can't make your own recipes without delving into the code and changing the mod yourself. But as there's four or five different recipe options in the config, I do't see why you'd want to.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
Why on earth would it be in the GregTech config? o_O It's in the Modular Powersuits config, which is the only sensible place for it. Seriously, what?

Also no, you can't make your own recipes without delving into the code and changing the mod yourself. But as there's four or five different recipe options in the config, I do't see why you'd want to.

it makes sense for me. cuz greg probably the person who disabled ic2 recipe by his mod

Dare2Win

Jul 29, 2019
it makes sense for me. cuz greg probably the person who disabled ic2 recipe by his mod

Well, not this time. In the MPS config you can enable the different recipes, including gregtech or ic2 or vanilla or universal electricity, or thermal expansion

i believe it was Muse who added the GT recipes hard mode players

Mjw

Jul 29, 2019
Well, not this time. In the MPS config you can enable the different recipes, including gregtech or ic2 or vanilla or universal electricity, or thermal expansion

i believe it was Muse who added the GT recipes hard mode players
The gregtec recipes are harder than greg would've made them!

Robet24

Jul 29, 2019
Playing Ultimate pack... In a 1v1 fight not in a base or mffs, what is the easiest way to break through another's powersuit armor?