Dumb Modular Powersuit Tricks

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
Playing Ultimate pack... In a 1v1 fight not in a base or mffs, what is the easiest way to break through another's powersuit armor?
Relentless attempts. Pretty hard unless you have your own.
Remember that the Force Field (which they don't necessarily have) is extremely powerful and actually partially blocks VOID damage (or at least it did last I checked) but with patience and luck (and a superior weapon, vajra or maxed Multitool thingy) you should be able to break through.

Phaz

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone had any issues with the Gregtech recipes not appearing since the 1.1.2 upgrade? While the GT ones are insane, I 'd like something a little harder to make than the IC2 or vanilla ones.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
The GT recipes are completely broken in 1.1.2. This was fixed in 1.5.X.

The problem is the 2.90h version of GT was never meant to be used in modpacks at all but the FTB guys went and used it anyway.

Phaz

Jul 29, 2019
Dang. It sounds like no further updates of Ultimate until 1.6.

So the fix exists in an updated Gregtech not an updated Powersuits?

Slaugman

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question. Any time I play FTB in 1.5.1 (Voltz or the beta) When ever I try and spawn in the power suits and the table, something happens.

When I mouse over them in my tool bar, the bottom part of my screen (Most of my hot bar) freezes, the rest it fine. If I place the table, nothing happens and I can wear the armor just fine. however, if I click on the table, my entire screen freezes. I can still move around, break things, ect... But the screen remains frozen. This is rather annoying and I was wondering if anyone had had this problem before and knows a solution.

Regards,
Slaugmen

Jiex

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having the same issue as stated above I've tried various things to fix it which I had stated the first timw I tried to post but my phone lost power and 3 paragraphs on a touch scree phone is obnoxious to type again basically it appears to be a render issue with the GUI overlay and arm power fist render even on build 531 I will gladly retype it all and provide screen shot if news be but at this exact moment I'm angry with my phone and lack of a real internet connection for my PC.
Also I do have build 6.0.444 working on 1.5.2 but shiny new toys are always fun no matter your age.
Big fan of your mod.
Thank you for your time
Jiex

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
I must ask. Is there a better way to get power from the thermal generator? Im taking a lava bath and its slow. =( My power set up still sucks in my house, I put my resources into my power suit and a redstone power cell so I can quarry the base I already have planned out and then Ill go mining properly later. But powering the suit up is slow. And I believe my suit would need to be charged fully before it'd power my powercell?

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
The kinetic generator creates heat when it's in use, try installing that and running around maybe?

That and energy, it actually makes more than the heatgen.

The whole "using your mps as a batery" thing isn't really revolving around efficiency you know, it's mostly about doing other things and using the energy you've made after.

Then again a single HV capacitator can fill a whole MFSU.

Reactions: KirinDave

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
That and energy, it actually makes more than the heatgen.

The whole "using your mps as a batery" thing isn't really revolving around efficiency you know, it's mostly about doing other things and using the energy you've made after.

Then again a single HV capacitator can fill a whole MFSU.

Really?

Cool.

earlbrownie

Jul 29, 2019
hey guys
finding another problem with my game that keeps on crashing when I try to add basic plating on to the modular power suit
When I restart my client the item is added so ti must be directly after the actual adding process such as an effect that needs to be added but cant
here is the crash log:
Code:
java.lang.NegativeArraySizeException
    at net.machinemuse.powersuits.network.RichInputStream$RichInputStream$$anonfun$readNBTTagCompound$2.apply(MusePacketHandler.scala:79)
    at net.machinemuse.powersuits.network.RichInputStream$RichInputStream$$anonfun$readNBTTagCompound$2.apply(MusePacketHandler.scala:78)
    at net.machinemuse.powersuits.network.RichInputStream$RichInputStream$$anonfun$readItemStack$2.apply(MusePacketHandler.scala:71)
    at net.machinemuse.powersuits.network.RichInputStream$RichInputStream$$anonfun$readItemStack$2.apply(MusePacketHandler.scala:66)
    at net.machinemuse.powersuits.network.MusePackager$class.safeRead(MusePacketHandler.scala:48)
    at net.machinemuse.powersuits.network.packets.MusePacketInventoryRefresh$.safeRead(MusePacketInventoryRefresh.scala:21)
    at net.machinemuse.powersuits.network.MusePackager$class.readItemStack(MusePacketHandler.scala:42)
    at net.machinemuse.powersuits.network.packets.MusePacketInventoryRefresh$.readItemStack(MusePacketInventoryRefresh.scala:21)
    at net.machinemuse.powersuits.network.packets.MusePacketInventoryRefresh$.read(MusePacketInventoryRefresh.scala:24)
    at net.machinemuse.powersuits.network.packets.MusePacketInventoryRefresh$.read(MusePacketInventoryRefresh.scala:21)
    at net.machinemuse.powersuits.network.MusePacketHandler$$anonfun$repackage$1.apply(MusePacketHandler.scala:134)
    at net.machinemuse.powersuits.network.MusePacketHandler$$anonfun$repackage$1.apply(MusePacketHandler.scala:134)
    at scala.Option.map(Option.scala:145)
    at net.machinemuse.powersuits.network.MusePacketHandler.repackage(MusePacketHandler.scala:134)
    at net.machinemuse.powersuits.network.MusePacketHandler.onPacketData(MusePacketHandler.scala:118)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.NetworkRegistry.handlePacket(NetworkRegistry.java:255)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.NetworkRegistry.handleCustomPacket(NetworkRegistry.java:245)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.FMLNetworkHandler.handlePacket250Packet(FMLNetworkHandler.java:83)
    at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.NetClientHandler.func_72501_a(NetClientHandler.java:1571)
    at net.minecraft.network.packet.Packet250CustomPayload.func_73279_a(SourceFile:59)
    at net.minecraft.network.MemoryConnection.func_74428_b(MemoryConnection.java:89)
    at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.NetClientHandler.func_72551_d(NetClientHandler.java:266)
    at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.WorldClient.func_72835_b(WorldClient.java:94)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71407_l(Minecraft.java:1861)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:834)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:759)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
--- END ERROR REPORT 3df52b64 ----------
Please could I have some help
It's for my LP
:)

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
hey guys
finding another problem with my game that keeps on crashing when I try to add basic plating on to the modular power suit
When I restart my client the item is added so ti must be directly after the actual adding process such as an effect that needs to be added but cant
here is the crash log:
Code:
java.lang.NegativeArraySizeException
    at net.machinemuse.powersuits.network.RichInputStream$RichInputStream$$anonfun$readNBTTagCompound$2.apply(MusePacketHandler.scala:79)
    at net.machinemuse.powersuits.network.RichInputStream$RichInputStream$$anonfun$readNBTTagCompound$2.apply(MusePacketHandler.scala:78)
    at net.machinemuse.powersuits.network.RichInputStream$RichInputStream$$anonfun$readItemStack$2.apply(MusePacketHandler.scala:71)
    at net.machinemuse.powersuits.network.RichInputStream$RichInputStream$$anonfun$readItemStack$2.apply(MusePacketHandler.scala:66)
    at net.machinemuse.powersuits.network.MusePackager$class.safeRead(MusePacketHandler.scala:48)
    at net.machinemuse.powersuits.network.packets.MusePacketInventoryRefresh$.safeRead(MusePacketInventoryRefresh.scala:21)
    at net.machinemuse.powersuits.network.MusePackager$class.readItemStack(MusePacketHandler.scala:42)
    at net.machinemuse.powersuits.network.packets.MusePacketInventoryRefresh$.readItemStack(MusePacketInventoryRefresh.scala:21)
    at net.machinemuse.powersuits.network.packets.MusePacketInventoryRefresh$.read(MusePacketInventoryRefresh.scala:24)
    at net.machinemuse.powersuits.network.packets.MusePacketInventoryRefresh$.read(MusePacketInventoryRefresh.scala:21)
    at scala.Option.map(Option.scala:145)
    at net.machinemuse.powersuits.network.MusePacketHandler.repackage(MusePacketHandler.scala:134)
    at net.machinemuse.powersuits.network.MusePacketHandler.onPacketData(MusePacketHandler.scala:118)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.NetworkRegistry.handlePacket(NetworkRegistry.java:255)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.NetworkRegistry.handleCustomPacket(NetworkRegistry.java:245)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.FMLNetworkHandler.handlePacket250Packet(FMLNetworkHandler.java:83)
    at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.NetClientHandler.func_72501_a(NetClientHandler.java:1571)
    at net.minecraft.network.packet.Packet250CustomPayload.func_73279_a(SourceFile:59)
    at net.minecraft.network.MemoryConnection.func_74428_b(MemoryConnection.java:89)
    at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.NetClientHandler.func_72551_d(NetClientHandler.java:266)
    at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.WorldClient.func_72835_b(WorldClient.java:94)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71407_l(Minecraft.java:1861)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:834)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:759)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
--- END ERROR REPORT 3df52b64 ----------
Please could I have some help
It's for my LP
:)
Always state which version you are using. MM is producing new versions all the time, maybe you triggered a bug which is already fixed in a newer version.