Dumb Modular Powersuit Tricks

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
I was once on a role play server on which, if you chose to be an assassin, you could hold sneak and walk up to walls of a certain block, and climb them like ladders :D

MachineMuse

Jul 29, 2019
Meanwhile:
p4F23to.png

Try build 550 alongside smart moving, see if it works for you too :D

Insufferable Prick

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if anyone has found this, but I put a railgun on my Power tool, then I put a glider on my Chest plate. If you aim down, and shoot the railgun a few times, the recoil flings you up into the air quite a bit. Then just glide to your heart's content :D. No jetpack needed. Running out of altitude? Just fire a few more rounds and fling yourself back up :D.

Reactions: EternalDensity

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
I don't know if anyone has found this, but I put a railgun on my Power tool, then I put a glider on my Chest plate. If you aim down, and shoot the railgun a few times, the recoil flings you up into the air quite a bit. Then just glide to your heart's content :D. No jetpack needed. Running out of altitude? Just fire a few more rounds and fling yourself back up :D.
It was mentioned a few pages back. Rocket Boosting was a tactic as old as... hmm... it wasn't DOOM, you couldn't aim down, but definitely present in Unreal. Jump, fire rocket launcher down, ride shockwave up higher. TF2's Soldier makes extensive use out of this trick these days.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019

I'm certain this has been discussed at length somewhere in the 40 pages of this thread.
Also, remember to deal with heat-related issues. Especially if you plan to fly through a desert biome.

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
I think someone should rename this thread "MPS Appreciation thread".
We could fill it with offerings to Machinemuse. Maybe if we can appease her she'll give us more toys.

Maybe she'll choose to let us live.
There are so many things she could to to make our lives a misery....

"unrelatedly"
Also, you know how mobs can wear armour now? What if they could spawn wearing MPS armour with random augments and modules?
this is why

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
Also, you know how mobs can wear armour now? What if they could spawn wearing MPS armour with random augments and modules?
this is why
a mob in full set of armor with full advanced plating, elite battery and sprint and movement assist. good luck killing that :)

Andrew2448

Jul 29, 2019
I think someone should rename this thread "MPS Appreciation thread".
We could fill it with offerings to Machinemuse. Maybe if we can appease her she'll give us more toys.

Maybe she'll choose to let us live.
There are so many things she could to to make our lives a misery....

"unrelatedly"
this is why
Won't happen because the armor does nothing without custom NBT tags that the armor won't spawn with.

Andrew2448

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like the latest 152 pack (0.7) decided to include a MPS version that was halfway through my localization/config rewrite :I. This version has the potential to completely wipe everything on your suit so i highly suggest that you backdate your MPS to 545 (found right here: http://build.technicpack.net/job/Machine-Muse-Power-Suits/545/). Don't complain to me about names not being there, I'm already getting 500% more bug reports than normal and it's getting really annoying. This is why we have recommended builds!!!

MachineMuse

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like the latest 152 pack (0.7) decided to include a MPS version that was halfway through my localization/config rewrite :I. This version has the potential to completely wipe everything on your suit so i highly suggest that you backdate your MPS to 545 (found right here: http://build.technicpack.net/job/Machine-Muse-Power-Suits/545/). Don't complain to me about names not being there, I'm already getting 500% more bug reports than normal and it's getting really annoying. This is why we have recommended builds!!!

Lepsink

Jul 29, 2019
getting this graphical error with 555 :

using faithful texturepack, but problem stays with default.

edit: most of the textures are pretty much wrong (e.g. pickaxes for solenoids).
kinda strange.