Dumb Modular Powersuit Tricks

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rymmie1981

Jul 29, 2019
getting this graphical error with 555 :

using faithful texturepack, but problem stays with default.

edit: most of the textures are pretty much wrong (e.g. pickaxes for solenoids).
kinda strange.

First, update lwjgl. If you're using optifine, don't. If you did those and still have the problem, it is an actual bug.

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
I am a sad person that needs Optifine to play at 20 FPS, so please don't do that.
MPS seems to work perfectly here, at least if I turn the custom font off in the config.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
Agreed - I went from 50 Fps on normal, fast and no clouds with optifine, to 70fps on far with fancy and no optifine.
Also, playing on a pack without XYcraft seems to help a LOT - I tried out the YogPack to see how "empty" it felt, and almost stayed due to the extreme FPS boost. Lack of AE and MFR made me leave. GT left out was annoying also.

Of course, installing 64 bit java changed from 10 Fps on short+16 on fast to the above 50...

MichaelsAsylum

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like the latest 152 pack (0.7) decided to include a MPS version that was halfway through my localization/config rewrite :I. This version has the potential to completely wipe everything on your suit so i highly suggest that you backdate your MPS to 545 (found right here: http://build.technicpack.net/job/Machine-Muse-Power-Suits/545/). Don't complain to me about names not being there, I'm already getting 500% more bug reports than normal and it's getting really annoying. This is why we have recommended builds!!!

Worked like a charm, thank you!

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
I find it rather odd how a thread started about the easily a usable jump in the first versions of Powersuot, has evidently become the official FTB MPS thread.

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a trick to using the power tool? I have the pickaxe, axe, and plasma gun installed, but when I hold shift and scroll my mouse wheel, it only shows the railgun over and over.

Also does using the suit slow you down doing other operations? When i first made one, I went to mine some bauxite i found on a cliff and even a diamond pickaxe seemed INCREDIBLY slow, like using a stone pickaxe (I tested on smoothstone also).

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a trick to using the power tool? I have the pickaxe, axe, and plasma gun installed, but when I hold shift and scroll my mouse wheel, it only shows the railgun over and over.

Also does using the suit slow you down doing other operations? When i first made one, I went to mine some bauxite i found on a cliff and even a diamond pickaxe seemed INCREDIBLY slow, like using a stone pickaxe (I tested on smoothstone also).

the pickaxe and axe don't show up but you can turn them off and on with a key binding if you want it should be automatic. For the speed issue you might not have enough power or it's not at its max setting if you go to the tinkers table you can increase how much you mine and should make it go faster.

INCSlayer

Nov 17, 2012

aslong as you are using the power tool and it has the correct tool installed pickaxe axe shovel whatever on an appropiate item it will work automatically.
on the second question you will need to set a power usage for them if you check the tool in the tinkerers table you will see some bars you can increase the yellow(orange) part of them to increase the tools speed but then also its energy cost

EDIT: foiled by fergcrafts faster typing :p

rymmie1981

Jul 29, 2019
Another issue you might be running into is if you have flight control enabled. Flying gives you the same breaking speed penalty as swimming.

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
I do have flight control enabled. ANd I meant that using a normal diamond pickaxe seemed slower. I noticed if i remove the power tool from my hotbar, i move much faster. The batteries in the power tool? Does it slow down all actions if you have too much weight?