Greylist Server DOGS OF THE STATE: OUTPOSTS [FeedTheBeast - MindCrack v8] [1.4.7] [Mature] [Military Minded]

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Osh2013

Jul 29, 2019
A better solution to falling is getting the materials for Long Fall Boots and asking a moderator to craft them for you. The boots are glitched and only a mod can make them, but you supply the materials. The boots allow you to fall from literally any height without damage.

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019
A better solution to falling is getting the materials for Long Fall Boots and asking a moderator to craft them for you. The boots are glitched and only a mod can make them, but you supply the materials. The boots allow you to fall from literally any height without damage.
His problem was that his respawn point was 30 m over the ground, so he was in a death loop. LFB are tricky to put on in the 3 seconds between deaths, let alone collecting the resources.

jvonbon

Jul 29, 2019
Did Drake's attempt break the server. Can't connect.[DOUBLEPOST=1363631129][/DOUBLEPOST]I'll take this as a sign... "Go back to studying!!!!"

Reactions: R8MC

danw3st

Jul 29, 2019
Offshore Accounts

The negotiating team needs information to determine how much vault space to lease. If you are interested in participating in this program, please advise with a forum post or a PM. Need to know how many players we're talking about.

Osh2013

Jul 29, 2019
I am not sure what this will involve, but I am interest in saving inventory, so count me in. All my possessions will be able to fit in 1 standard chest, if that info is needed.

Rake

Jul 29, 2019
I think I'd really like a totally fresh start, but if we're taking things, a containerless standard chest should be plenty. I'll throw some stuff in there for the option to retrieve it later at the least.

Reactions: jvonbon

danw3st

Jul 29, 2019
I think I'd really like a totally fresh start, but if we're taking things, a containerless standard chest should be plenty. I'll throw some stuff in there for the option to retrieve it later at the least.

We will not be "taking things", we'll be placing them on deposit to be returned at some future date: an Offshore Account. Figure that the Maximum will be a players inventory of slots, not including the hot bar, probably less. Containers, such as bags, will not be possible.
Things that can be turned into blocks and then stacked, such as diamonds, will be possible.

If you do not wish to place things on deposit you are not required to do so.
There is no guarantee that everything placed on deposit will be returned when we reach the new world.

The negotiating team has settled on the Iles Clayman Organisme de Placement Depositaire or ICOPD, usually referred to simply as the Clayman Islands Bank or CIB.
Seemed like a better choice than the Nigerian Bank and Trust.

DocHuzz

Jul 29, 2019
There is no guarantee that everything placed on deposit will be returned when we reach the new world.

Seemed like a better choice than the Nigerian Bank and Trust.

Hmmmm... This sounds interesting. At least there's a chance you'll get stuff back.

DocHuzz

Jul 29, 2019
Your best bet is not to direct such questions at us, but to look on the forums to see what anyone says in the mod dev section. We are as in the dark as you are unless they say something. Could be a couple days (VERY unlikely) or a few months (More likely).

DocHuzz

Jul 29, 2019
So, I was perusing the ol' Minecraft Schematics forums and I came across something freaking EPIC. These guys, alright, these GUYS made the Mines of Moria. That's right, the whole darn thing, keeping close to the Tolkien descriptions in his books. I'm not talking some piddly little minecart network, this is HUGE! 693 x 576 x 128 according to the post. I'm tossing it in a pregenned world using MCEdit to look it over, but from the videos and such this is phenomenal. I wish we could get together on some sort of epic build like this!
Oh, before I forget, linkage.

DocHuzz

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, this is immense. I've spent this whole time exploring. Guess what I found? Not everything. So many nooks and crannies...

EJM

Jul 29, 2019
I'll be a bit inactive until the end of the week, if I won't come back then, I'll be back on Tuesday next week hands down.

And I might've downloaded the recommended version by accident so I can't come on the server, should I just keep it until we update or go back to the previous version?

danw3st

Jul 29, 2019
And I might've downloaded the recommended version by accident so I can't come on the server, should I just keep it until we update or go back to the previous version?

Neel, we don't know how soon the update will be applied. If you don't mind waiting you can keep what you've got. If you want to make deposits in an Offshore Account you'll need to be able to get on the server to do it. In that case you will need to revert to the previous version.

phantagor

Jul 29, 2019
Doc, Mines of Moria is something Mic and i talked a lot about it and we were thinking about doing something like that many often times...maybe sometimes we are going to do it^^

And for the storage thing: i wish i could store my memory (like in: everything i have researched so far...because research in thaumacraft sucks!)...but as this is not possible i might take nothing with me...

and yes, i am at the forums...finally

danw3st

Jul 29, 2019
Doc, Mines of Moria is something Mic and i talked a lot about it and we were thinking about doing something like that many often times...maybe sometimes we are going to do it^^
And for the storage thing: i wish i could store my memory (like in: everything i have researched so far...because research in thaumacraft sucks!)...but as this is not possible i might take nothing with me...
and yes, i am at the forums...finally

Phantagor, glad to see you managed to get on the forum with us. My favorite part of the Mines of Moria thing was the Main Hall, loved that. Thaumcraft: you could deposit a wand, but other than that Thaum is going to be pretty much a start fresh thing like it or not.

phantagor

Jul 29, 2019
I think i am going to store some basic ressources instead...a wand is not much of a use but i am going to assemble some stuff and place a chest in my (burned down^^) Temple

Status
Not open for further replies.