Greylist Server DOGS OF THE STATE: OUTPOSTS [FeedTheBeast - MindCrack v8] [1.4.7] [Mature] [Military Minded]

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Incomitatum

Jul 29, 2019
IN Other News!

Doc and I realized that Mojang is saying 1.5 will be out next week. Then factor in how long it'll take the Mindcrack pack to catch up.... We won't update right away, but when we do I'll be a restart and we'll try the Mothership Format.

Reactions: Tesmetron

DocHuzz

Jul 29, 2019
Man the gun pods and batten down the cargo, this suckers gonna FLY. (Right? Mothership? Good thought, are we going for the Saucer, or more like the floating islands look? BRIDGES! So many ideas...)

DocHuzz

Jul 29, 2019
I like the idea Marv. I'm trying to find out if it has been done outside of just making a SSP and porting it to SMP.

EDIT: Things no look good.... I might just install it for a SSP map :p

ZedX

Jul 29, 2019
Essentially don't make a server all about military if you're forming some maze in involvement with the "colour spectrum". I'm going to do the smart thing and go play somewhere else, and cease posting here. No time for some science game.

Reactions: Tesmetron

Osh2013

Jul 29, 2019
OK, if this concept of a floating mothership is the next format, or returning format I guess, how does digging happen? How do we quarry down on our plots to get the good stuff like diamonds if we are floating above the ground?

danw3st

Jul 29, 2019
Different things are possible, in past versions of the Mothership we've had basements that had to be dug out, with a few goodies to find in the process. But mostly, yes, you leave the ship to mine and gather. It's a great configuration, lots of fun. I'm glad to see us returning to it.

danw3st

Jul 29, 2019
Do we build the mothership together? Previously how big a build has it been?

Pretty big. Previous versions our Admin constructed a "wire" frame then the players built most, if not all, of the ship.

How big, what configuration, how large are plots? These things are all still being considered.

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019
I like the idea Marv. I'm trying to find out if it has been done outside of just making a SSP and porting it to SMP.

EDIT: Things no look good.... I might just install it for a SSP map :p

I was looking around in SSP and I found no Extra Biomes, so, I don't think this is such a good idea. I wish I could figure out how to make it its own dimension though so we could have a biosphere mystcraft dimension or something.

IMarv

Osh2013

Jul 29, 2019
A question for Bakercompany86 or any others who build these massive builds. Are you doing this all by your own design or are you using some sort of program that helps you make blueprints for what you want to do? Thanks

DocHuzz

Jul 29, 2019
Minefactory RELOADED spotlight is uploading now. Next up, Bibliocraft!\

EDIT: Scratch that, there's at least two more mod spotlights uploading now. Give me a couple hours and check them out! Part one of Minefactory Reloaded is ready to viddy NOW!

DocHuzz

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, I've covered a total of 6 mods on my spotlight playlist (Click HERE):
~ XYcraft
~Minefactory RELOADED
~Bibliocraft
~Chargepads
~Power Converters
~Secret Rooms

This leaves me with three more mods to cover for your viewing pleasure:
~MMMPowersuits
~Applied Energistics
~Xeno's Reliquary

After watching these spotlights, I hope that you come away with a better understanding of what each mod does and your mind quickens with ideas!

FlightFreq

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the spotlights Doc! I think your mic levels might be a tad low though, the audio is hard to hear (or maybe it's just me).

DocHuzz

Jul 29, 2019
It's a personal choice :). Turn your headset up a bit more. I make these after having watched so GD many other youtube videos and knowing what irks me about them. People shouting into their mics and making my ears bleed is a big one, so I keep my mic levels low. I also keep my SOUND levels low, so you can crank it to 11 if you want and not be waking the neighbors. After the XYcraft video and someone send me a message saying I sound like a suave rapist with a headcold, I changed my basic presentation style a bit.

danw3st

Jul 29, 2019
Doc, thanks so much for the spotlights, nothing wrong with your sound levels, and damn sure nothing wrong with your presentation.

DocHuzz

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the kind words guys. MMMPowersuits is uploading now, kind of a fun little mod. Working on Xeno's Reliquary right now, and still puttering at Applied Energistics. The last one is going to be a three parter at least lol.

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019
IMarv's Sorting City

Mission statement: Inspire creative builds, share resources, reduce server load, visit neighbors, and have fun.

The plan: At the start of the next reset, the volunteers of this group will work together to build one massive automated sorting and processing complex. I can't force any of this on anybody, but I can inspire cooperation.

Each person will have a class of items to store and/or machines to process intermediate materials. Additional things that will need to be hosted include a power plant, sorting center and overflow, mob grinders, enchantment book writing turtle, Thaumcraft workroom, general work room, etc. The item classes include ingots, mob drops, dusts (final form or multiple-choice use), building blocks, colored wool and dyes, food, BC powered parts and stuff, EU powered parts and stuff, XyCraft items, other mod stuff, and anything else we can think of.

Ideally, the building housing your part of the system will be themed with its contents. The sorting center will send items to your build for processing, generally by enderchest, but other methods can be worked out. The building can be a dominant part of your plot, or just a small part.

Any major mining or other major resource gathering done should feed into the sorting center for processing. This is so ores can be ground for dusts which will then be sent to the appropriate furnace for smelting then sent on to storage.

Since this big system will be shared, we will not need to all individually come up with 40 chrome for a full-heat industrial blast furnace, not have to come up with massive power systems several times over, etc. We can instead do what we enjoy most, building, mining, exploring, chatting, etc. The upshot is, there should be fewer machines in each plot and better server and client performance.

The technical sorting system is currently planned to be pneumatic tubes over sorting machines feeding item tesseracts or ender chests. The storage systems should use routers and barrels with a special turtle program and two ender chests feeding the router.

Let me know if you're interested, and what types of things you'd like to do or house.

IMarv

Status
Not open for further replies.