Greylist Server DOGS OF THE STATE: OUTPOSTS [FeedTheBeast - MindCrack v8] [1.4.7] [Mature] [Military Minded]

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Incomitatum

Jul 29, 2019
Someone please get hold of the user up there who posted an application, Anthony Measel. PM him, and see if you can get him online; then grant him an interview. I'm curious to see how that pans out.

Reactions: DrakeAedus

Incomitatum

Jul 29, 2019
MiC, by all means, let's have a poll. But I'd like it to also come with some discussion.

I used GoogleForms for polls, to collect data in a way that is easy to measure, you may want to make one and then link to it here. Here is a primer for you. That way you can also let the mods see the data afterwards. I am up for discussion and coalescing relevant opinion on the mods, but lets also not pretend this is a democracy. We'll take all angels into account and come up with the best possible solution, but I don't see us moving packs till 1.5, simply because the current world couldn't handle the mod-mismatch (to the best of my understanding).

https://sites.google.com/a/pjrproje...ites/how-tos/create-a-poll-using-google-forms

===============

Let me also note here (not in reguard to MiC). Mods are not Customer Service Representatives. They are Engineers and Police. If you have problems or don't understand how a mod works. Try the wikis, lets plays, or ask your fellow players. A mod MAY even answer you, but that is because they feel they may have an answer and can help. Understand they are not babysitters and are not OBLIGATED to help. They are there for their vigilance, to kick, ban, repair and restart.

Good luck...

ZedX

Jul 29, 2019
Mistakenly fell into a hole and got banned for "failing the noob maze".

I know how to do the maze, because I read the whole thread and I know the key. I'd like another chance, and I think there should be "two chances" to do it or something, seeing as mistakes happen. I wanted to tour the server first, and I'd read and agreed to everything. If you could unban zakman246, it would be greatly appreciated. I understand your lenient standards against who plays here and how they behave, and I accept that, but I can assure you I meet those standards.

Tesmetron

Jul 29, 2019
I think he means the standards are stringent.

Zed, I'm sure a mod will be along at some point and tell you one way or the other, but know that everyone gets one chance at the noob maze. It's not for me to say whether they will make an exception in your case. As far as I know we are also not accepting new applications.

Edit: Also just wanted to touch base with everyone. I'm not on the server a whole lot right now. I recently had a schedule change at work and am still getting used to working evenings, and most of the time I'm too tired to play when I get home. Hopefully as I adjust I will be able to get back on a bit more often. This is the best server community I've been a part of and I'm excited about the future. If you know when you will be working on this arena, post on here and I will try to be around for it.

Incomitatum

Jul 29, 2019
Tesmetron.

Our general policy is just to ignore those who fail the maze. They know they are banned, and 99% of the time they do NOT get a second chance. In time they just go away. However, since you encouraged him, I'll address this one... :/

ZedX

Let me reiterate. First, we aren't accepting new applications. Though we do make some rare exceptions at our own discretion. Secondly, the rules are clear. Third, you don't get a do over. A great many people "see" the solution after they have failed. This is why we can't give you as second chance; how would we test your ability to follow basic instructions, logic, and problem solving? After reading, though it doesn't matter, if you "know the solution, how did you fail?

Assurances are nothing, and no, we are not lenient. There will be no further correspondence on the matter.

Tesmetron

Jul 29, 2019
There was something I was meant to be ignoring, but now I completely forget what it was. Probably not important. To shreds, you say? And how are his wife and children? To shreds, you say?

DocHuzz

Jul 29, 2019
Hey kids, doing some mod spotlights over on my youtube channel. I'm not going to bore you to death with endless demonstrations, these are just bare-bones representations of what is there, and what they do. I'm not going to go much into detail as far as recipes go either. This is informational stuff to show you whats there. What you do with that information is all YOU! Part one, uploading now, is on my personal favorite, XYcraft!

EDIT: Derp, should link ya... https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvpeUEvD7gwrdTf3563lrNGfof6bzCa8O
EDIT THE SECOND: Both parts uploaded. Enjoy. Go ahead and tell me how awful I sound or what have you.

Anthony Measel

Jul 29, 2019
As a Maze noob failure I thought I would put in my 2 cents. Let's be clear this is not about following simple instructions. I would know. I following written instructions for a living. If I fail at my job people die. This is an intelligence a test to see if you payed attention in Art Class. I remembered the acronym and even wrote it down for safekeeping. I had no idea what it meant. I would assume this is the case for most people. I love the screening process mentality. However, I think you guys failed at the execution of it. You are going to screen out good people. You might also make mention of the fact that texture packs can cause problems. I know the colors were not right for me. If this post compromises your test then you can delete it.

Reactions: ZedX

danw3st

Jul 29, 2019
Osh and everyone else commenting here on the forum, please be aware of the policy that Incom stated above:

Our general policy is just to ignore those who fail the maze.

It's true that the maze is a net that sometimes catches the good fish as well as the bad, but we have it in place as part of our application process, and cannot be constantly second guessing.
We are not going to grant second chances, and we are not going to discuss it in the forum. Such discussion is likely to become never ending and acrimonious.

ZedX

Jul 29, 2019
Anthony, you do make a great point about texture packs. I use one and the colors were slightly off. But I took my time and debated every step, and passed the maze. From what I remember (it has been a month), at each of the ways, there is a clear choice. And also, same as Master Sgt Measel asked, if my answer compromises any, please delete in portion or full
Agreed. I use a custom texture pack. The colours stand out, but its still annoying. Rather than using abbreviations they should just state the abbreviation colour (I can edit that part if you want it hidden). I seriously think its a weirdest policy, and almost confusing and/or irritating when you know you are not a noob. I do know you weren't accepting people, but I just wanted to look around. Don't worry about it, I can spend my time somewhere else. There are a lot smarter ways to filter out "noobs".

Incomitatum

Jul 29, 2019
My last nugget.

I learned the what the answer to the maze meant in SCIENCE class, not Art; when discussing the visible light spectrum. Otherwise, you all have access to Google.

Best of luck.

Anthony Measel

Jul 29, 2019
I learned the what the answer to the maze meant in SCIENCE class, not Art; when discussing the visible light spectrum. Otherwise, you all have access to Google.
Really? I was making a point. Which clearly you didn't get. It would appear that this worked out best for us all. You guys might want to remove MILITARY MINDED from your sales pitch. Maybe "Science Minded" would be a better fit. It was the only reason I app'd here and it was never even part of the equation.

Reactions: ZedX
Status
Not open for further replies.