Greylist Server DOGS OF THE STATE: OUTPOSTS [FeedTheBeast - MindCrack v8] [1.4.7] [Mature] [Military Minded]

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Incomitatum

Jul 29, 2019
I can't apologize enough for the cluster-screw that has been the Host today. Worse still they didn't even have the balls to apologize to me (after putting in several tickets).

I WANTED to update the server tomorrow, but I won't have time until tomorrow night (if at all) Friday is looking better. :/

I just want things to run smooth. I hope 8.1.1 can do that for us.

Osh2013

Jul 29, 2019
I can't apologize enough for the cluster-screw that has been the Host today. Worse still they didn't even have the balls to apologize to me (after putting in several tickets).

I WANTED to update the server tomorrow, but I won't have time until tomorrow night (if at all) Friday is looking better. :/

I just want things to run smooth. I hope 8.1.1 can do that for us.

While we all appreciate the apology, Incomitatum, we are sure it was out of your control and you have nothing to apologize for. Thank you for providing this server for us

Reactions: tatsu011

jvonbon

Jul 29, 2019
I have spent 13 years administering computer networks and I have had service interruptions a plenty.But if you are the service provider your first priority is NOT restoring service.It’s informing the customer.Then you can move on to restoring service.And your obligation to keep your customer informed doesn’t stop after the initial contact.Continual updates to the customer are required.If Creeperhost has failed to do that they have screwed up.Service interruptions are okay, keeping your customers in the dark is not.

Keep up the good work Incom and staff!You are doing great with a questionable mod pack version and some screw-ups with the service hosting!

M!C

Jul 29, 2019
Allright, Dark's and my plot (and afaik razzle's too) have been cleared and can be reset/recycled.

Luke_H

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to apologise for the downtime that was caused to your server a few days ago, there was an error with our system allocating a gateway to a VPS causing a huge CPU issue on the router causing the whole /24 to fail route. I hope in the future you do not experience anymore downtime issues due to our network/hardware and I wish you good luck on the development of your server.

Regards
Luke_H

Osh2013

Jul 29, 2019
Good morning Incomitatum and staff,

Do we have any update on when the update might go into effect? Just wondering if I need to continue to hold off with the quarry placements (outside the city) or not. Thank yuo.

danw3st

Jul 29, 2019
Good morning Incomitatum and staff,

Do we have any update on when the update might go into effect? Just wondering if I need to continue to hold off with the quarry placements (outside the city) or not. Thank yuo.

Osh... last I heard it is scheduled for today (friday) so hold off. There's always the chance it will be delayed for some reason, but we can hope today's the day.

Incomitatum

Jul 29, 2019
SERVER COMING DOWN

Dan is right, it is now Saturday. Going to do stuff, backing up and all. There IS no ETA, as any time I give you would be a lie. Lets HOPE no more than 3 hours. :/ HOPE.

Now I have 20,000 files to download. I iwhs I knew what these

PlayerInfo\com.ForgeEssentials.data.TaggedClass$SaveField@XXXXXXX were There are SOOOO many of them.

Incomitatum

Jul 29, 2019
SERVER BACK UP

Nothing has changed. I realized I am running on just 4 hours of sleep and it was dumb of me to try this right now. I need to think of how to prune the world WITHOUT downloading 20,000 files first. So I am going to sleep on it. The extra dimentions are gone for now. I would ask you try and state out of them for the time being.

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019
The command you are looking for is:
"7z a RS.v811.7z Rewarding_Server"
Where RS.v811.7z is the name of your archive.
and "Rewarding_Server" is the name of the folder you want to back up. (In this case just the folder for the world on my server.

Osh2013

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you everyone for all the warm welcomes and help during my probationary period. Razzle's announcement took me by complete surprise today, but a nice way to start a Saturday

Reactions: danw3st

Incomitatum

Jul 29, 2019
Alright the SSH command "7z" is not installed/recognized is there a Zip equivalent?

Doc pointed me towards the gZip command.

MickRedbeard has taught me the process of Tar and then gZipping the tar files. Things are going MUCH faster.

Incomitatum

Jul 29, 2019
A METAPHOR FOR THE FUTILITY OF LIFE

I am backing up the (Compressed) server. I am also starving. It will take 20 min to download this file (as opposed to 2 hours).

I am not taking the server DOWN though. So, as of 5 min ago, anything you do won't be relevant when we update.

I have to download, go get lunch, come back, prune the world, recompress, and reupload. This'll take a few hours. In the meantime, ask an Op for creative mode ;)

Faesyn

Jul 29, 2019
Note: Since no one said it here yet... Anything done on the server now will disappear. Until Incom gives the green light, he's currently working with the map.

Edit~ Same time as incom's message... Fail xD

jvonbon

Jul 29, 2019
Just out of curiosity will you be using mcedit to prune the world or something more mundane like nbtedit.

Status
Not open for further replies.