Greylist Server DOGS OF THE STATE: OUTPOSTS [FeedTheBeast - MindCrack v8] [1.4.7] [Mature] [Military Minded]

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.
Status
Not open for further replies.

danw3st

Jul 29, 2019
I was curious about the maze so went back to it and got stuck in the noob zone. If that retroactively disbars me, c'est la vie and thanks for the tour.
  • What is your Minecraft Username? Kayse

You're good Kayse, we'll talk next time we're both in-game.
I should be there this evening (Wednesday)

Faesyn

Jul 29, 2019
Server being rebooted Osh. Give it a little bit then try again :)
~~ Server back up, try now Osh?

Jarl

Jul 29, 2019
  • Have you READ everything before this? Yes
  • How long have you spent looking around The Kingdom? Approximately 45 minutes or so.
  • Where are you from (Example - Iowa or United Kingdom)? Pennsylvania
  • How old are you? 26
  • If you are not 18 or older, who is your Sponsor? N/A
  • What gender do you wish to be know by? Male
  • What is your Minecraft Username? xjarlx
  • What other games do you play on a semi-regular basis? Minecraft has held my attention since it's release. This is broken up with bouts of Planetside 2, and a few rpgs.
  • What role do you enjoy taking the most in Minecraft (Eg: Farmer, Builder, Explorer, Digger)? I enjoy exploring and digging although if someone could tutor me on minecraft aesthetics I'm sure that would become a large focus as well.
  • If you are added, how often do you intend to be on? Fairly constantly, at least a few hours a day real life permitting.
  • What is your schedule like, what hours do you most often play? I generally play the most from around 7pm EST onward although I will play for a few hours sporadically throughout the day.
  • Why do you think you will be a good fit for the Dogs of the State? I consider myself to be a rather friendly and helpful person who has no problems dropping everything to go help out with a project. I think the community that is built as part of a server is very important and would enjoy joining yours. From what I saw everyone was incredibly friendly and helpful.
  • (Optional) What have you seen worked well on other servers that you might like us to implement too? I have not been on too many FTB servers but a Trade-o-mat mall complex could be pretty neat to help people get materials they are having trouble finding.
  • (Optional) If you have any history of Military service, what branch were/are you a part of, what was/is your rank, and where were/are you stationed? I personally have no military record but as I mentioned the server post caught my eye while I was thinking about what to write to my brother. He is currently off at boot camp.

jvonbon

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone researched this to see what the problem with the server "refusing" connections is? I've done some web searches but most of the results are related to a personally hosted not service hosted server and don't apply. Is this something we could open a ticket with creeperhost? When one of the server admin restarts the server does that restart the whole VM at creeperhost (problem may be at creeperhost) or does it run a shell script that restarts just the minecraft server "service" (problem may be with the minecraft build)? Just trying to wrap my head around this as a systems administrator.

I'm probably going to make a VM on my development workstation and start playing with minecraft server administration so I can better understand the inner workings. Do we know what OS the server is running?

DocHuzz

Jul 29, 2019
I can't give any more insight into the problem Jvon but for one thing. Its not directly related to Creeperhost or any specific hosting service. I had this same problem on Redstonehost, and we had it on MPGame server as well. All three of these had one thing in common at least, they were all VM's on a larger box. The virtualization software, control panel apps, etc. were all different AFAIK. The times I noticed that the problems cropped up most often were when something caused the server to spike in memory usage briefly. Nothing specific on the logs, it might be something as simple as a bug in the MC server code or even with virtualizing a machine. Hope this helps narrow your search a little brother.

Juniperr

Jul 29, 2019
  • Have you READ everything before this? Yes
  • How long have you spent looking around The Kingdom? Just long enough to fail the maze
  • Where are you from (Example - Iowa or United Kingdom)? Egypt
  • How old are you? 16
  • If you are not 18 or older, who is your Sponsor? Nobody
  • What gender do you wish to be know by? Male
  • What is your Minecraft Username? Juniperr
  • What other games do you play on a semi-regular basis? Mostly MTA and sometimes I play LoL
  • What role do you enjoy taking the most in Minecraft (Eg: Farmer, Builder, Explorer, Digger)? I enjoy working with the technical stuff, Industrial Craft, Red Power etc..
  • If you are added, how often do you intend to be on? Two or three hours a day, maybe more or less depending on my life
  • What is your schedule like, what hours do you most often play? (15:00-23:00) GMT
  • Why do you think you will be a good fit for the Dogs of the State? I find the community friendly, mature and fun to be with.
  • (Optional) What have you seen worked well on other servers that you might like us to implement too? I have only been on two FTB servers, one that was too laggy an the other had too much offline time, both were whitelisted tho and the only special thing they had was a large community center with machines and so where players can also donate materials for newbies.
  • (Optional) If you have any history of Military service, what branch were/are you a part of, what was/is your rank, and where were/are you stationed? I haven't been to military, yet. But I have a fair knowledge through roleplaying a SWAT Operator in a game where I was trained by players with in-real-life military records.
Note: I got banned after failing the maze and I wish I could have another chance after reading the topic more carefully.

Osh2013

Jul 29, 2019
Hi Juniperr,
I am new on this server and have no decision making abilities, with all respect but I think with the server age restrictions and the fact you failed the maze, please don't hold your breath in hoping for a second chance. I am sure the pale blue color you will turn from lack of H2O is not healthy for you. Good luck in your searches for a new server.

Osh2013

Jul 29, 2019
Saw server was online a moment ago, getting the communication error again now.. This was all after the restart Bakercompany86 just performed

Bakercompany86

Jul 29, 2019
In an attempt to fix server memory issues I've removed a few things. So if you have something missing that i've forgotten to replace please let me know so I can replace it for you. Although I'm pretty sure everything is in order.

We added a few levers to world anchors to shut them off temporarily to try and resolve this issue. However we're still having massive memory spikes. This is a possible memory leak within a certain mod. We will continue testing.

DocHuzz

Jul 29, 2019
Well, if you get things straightened out, let us know. With CC failing everytime I turn about it kinda kills some of my production aspects and the lag just kills my creative drive.

Juniperr

Jul 29, 2019
Hi Juniperr,
I am new on this server and have no decision making abilities, with all respect but I think with the server age restrictions and the fact you failed the maze, please don't hold your breath in hoping for a second chance. I am sure the pale blue color you will turn from lack of H2O is not healthy for you. Good luck in your searches for a new server.
Well, thanks.
But I'll still keep checking this and hope for the best.:)

M!C

Jul 29, 2019
Announcement
We're currently experiencing severe memory problems with no immidiate way to fix them. You will be experiencing block lag for the time being until we can find the cause and get it rid of it.

Incomitatum

Jul 29, 2019
Server Status Updates

I have begun talks with Creeperhost about the memory leak problem. We may need to yank Portalcraft. Put a moritorium on quarries and/or kill World Anchors.

We are also looking at going from Skeleton Hosting to Enderman level Hosting. We'll see what CH says.

Testmetron and SirStompsalot have been upgraded from probie to Player. The former should have been done some time ago, but I forgot.

Thank you all for making this a great server, and

::EDIT::

1. We have left the Portal Mod, but found a way to nix ALL portals. Your guns are paperweights for the time being untill an update fixes this. Enjoy your long-fall boots and turrets to your content though.

2. We are also testing "ModularForceFeilds" for bugs, so that may be something you need to disable to come on.

jvonbon

Jul 29, 2019
Congrats to Tes and Stomps!!! And a big thank you to the staff for the awesome job they are doing!!!

Incomitatum

Jul 29, 2019
SERVER DOWN

We're doing some science to get to the bottom of this.

We have done a backup of the server. But are TRYING a yank of Computer Craft. To see if that fixes it.

Reactions: danw3st

jvonbon

Jul 29, 2019
Erp... I joined the server before I read this. Imagine my surprise when I saw a fresh spawn :eek: Guess I'll check the forum first from now on so I don't get a scare next time you're doing some sort of maintenance.

Status
Not open for further replies.