Greylist Server DOGS OF THE STATE: OUTPOSTS [FeedTheBeast - MindCrack v8] [1.4.7] [Mature] [Military Minded]

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jvonbon

Jul 29, 2019
I'll be wrapping up a build in the next couple of days. After that is finished I plan on continuing my efforts in the Nether to "network" the nether portals after losing the previous system to a server fluke. Already, I have interconnected by road the 8 color pads and the central mage tower. Additionally, a portal leading to the End Portal, my own and Mickredbeard's personal one have been added to the network. Each, have been color coded as per the previous setup. The End Portal is identified by End Stone in the corners. Magetower by magic stone. Mine and Micks are our standards in inverted lamps (I may add signs). If you would like your personal nether Portal linked to the network please send me a PM with the Coordinates of your Portal in the Overworld and your colors from top down. Additionally, if anyone has time to help beautify the roads in the nether we need stone brick lining the edge (Brick Cobble Cobble Cobble Brick) otherwise I will get to that... eventually.

P.S. Who's Portal is that already on the network that is encased by cobble?

Reactions: danw3st

Aceldamor

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry I haven't been on in a bit. RL stuff is happenin'. I've been spending what little free time I have thinking about how I can move forward with the next phase of "Skull Mountain"

jvonbon

Jul 29, 2019
I've been researching the CC freezing problem and it appears the developers are aware of it. The cause seems to be related to programs using rednet and will be fixed in the next release of CC. There are work arounds but what is unclear is if it is necissary to not have modems attached to the turtle or simply not utilize rednet in the programs. If anyone has any further info on this or a suggestion on how we can get at least some of our CC functionality back please chime in *Looks at Marvin ;-)

P.S. There is a new release as of yesterday... I have yet to read the changelog

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know, but I can try to find all of my modemed turtles and computers and take them down.
I'll try on my personal server first since it has far fewer turtles and modems.

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, I don't know. I thought it was the spikes of FPS crashing that recover kind of freezing. Now that you have asked and I re-thought about it. I don't know about my server. I haven't been running any programs long enough to notice the computers halting. I usually have a server issue and need to reboot sooner than that occurs.

Osh2013

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for the welcome. And sorry I dropped suddenly, but got a bounce and then the launcher kept giving me a "can't connect to server" message. I hope to see Doc soon, to check with him about where he has land extended out. I will try to be back on later tonight.

Kayse

Jul 29, 2019
  • Have you READ everything before this? I have.
  • How long have you spent looking around The Kingdom? About 45 minutes. Dan was nice enough to give me a tour of the Mage's Tower, the hall of colors, the warehouse, went out to the Orange 'port pad and back the Red one. I returned to the visitor's center. I was curious about the maze so went back to it and got stuck in the noob zone. If that retroactively disbars me, c'est la vie and thanks for the tour.
  • Where are you from (Example - Iowa or United Kingdom)? Kentucky/Ohio area
  • How old are you? 27
  • If you are not 18 or older, who is your Sponsor?
  • What gender do you wish to be know by? Male
  • What is your Minecraft Username? Kayse
  • What other games do you play on a semi-regular basis? Taking a bit of a break from EVE right now.
  • What role do you enjoy taking the most in Minecraft (Eg: Farmer, Builder, Explorer, Digger)? I like exploring and doing and building things that I haven't seen before.
  • If you are added, how often do you intend to be on? Probably a couple times a week. I'm working on a large project on a single player FTB world that takes up most of my Minecraft time. I work random hours sometimes as well.
  • What is your schedule like, what hours do you most often play? Most likely weekday evenings EST
  • Why do you think you will be a good fit for the Dogs of the State? I was a bit curious about your Military Minded policy.
  • (Optional) What have you seen worked well on other servers that you might like us to implement too?
  • (Optional) If you have any history of Military service, what branch were/are you a part of, what was/is your rank, and where were/are you stationed? USAF, SrA. Haven't really been anywhere too interesting.

Osh2013

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question for the administration and moderators

Last night when I was coming on for an interview, I kept getting a communication error. This was during the early AM hours. I am trying to get on now, at 3:22 am central, and getting the same errors. Is the server shut down at certain times in the AM?

Thank you for running this server for us.

M!C

Jul 29, 2019
Server restarted.

Sorry for the long downtime guys. I've been travelling most of yesterday and don't have a very good internet connection atm.

I'll try to remember checking the console every now and then.

DocHuzz

Jul 29, 2019
Osh, Faesyn- The server, from time to time, decides that it's fed up with our crap and declines any new connections. There could be one person on the server, there could be twenty, but new connections get refused. The only thing that fixes it is that we do a restart sadly. But, until someone say something, nobody really knows because tot he peop-le that are playing, the server is actually up.

Reactions: danw3st
Status
Not open for further replies.