that's what I started to do, I'd cheat items in after I lost them in some way, and later on I'd regret doing that and just deleting the world because I cheated.No, the opposite. If I start cheating things in, I inevitably delete the world. I leave myself the option (cheats enabled), because of early experiences dying in lava and the frustration it caused, but in truth I haven't used it to replace anything since some of my earlier worlds.
Try the Dartcraft Bane enchantment. That's a really neat one for creepers. You can even keep them in your house and they follow you around like a little puppy.This has nothing to do with cheating ...
I enchanted a Dartcraft sword with the Freezing attribute. It keeps the mob in place (no knockback, no movement)...
I FEAR creepers now, I can't backpedal fast enough with that sword since they can't knockback even a teensy weensy bit. Bloom!!! Blam!!! Hole here, hole there, side of building gone.
Needless to say, that's like the opposite of cheating.
Gah! I hate it when that happens! It's so frustrating. Minecraft sometimes forgets you're holding shift, but MSWord doesn't... why why why?After my shift key failed over lava, where I was trying set up a pump, and I was stupidly carrying all of my good tools and materials, I set keepInventory to true (temporarily). I cheated in the items, because I blame the death on my keyboard.
You sound like meEverytime I start a new world, I refuse to add myself to Ops, telling myself I am NOT cheating this time. No exceptions. Not going to happen.
Then these scenarios pop up:
- I have pretty deep holes that I must constantly travel down, then go all the way back home when i'm full. I get tired of it, so I add myself to Ops and tell myself "I'm only going to teleport when it's just going to save time from an easy run back, no other cheating!".
- I get to a point where zombies/skeletons really aren't a threat, just an annoyance. Sometimes there's monsters around my home and it won't allow me to sleep, so I force daytime. I tell myself "Why does it matter, I could waste my time hunting those down and they are no threat to me!". This is a downward slope where I ultimately end up setting it to daytime whenever it's nighttime.
- I'm out building and a creeper.. well.. creeps up on me and blows up what I spent the last hour working on. Insanely frustrated, I just cheat the items back in, build it back, then "destroy" the leftover cheated items so I break even.
- It's been raining for how long?! Get out of here already!
- Whoops, hooked up a wire wrong and blew up a bunch of stuff. Better cheat that stuff back in and delete the leftovers.
- I forget to use the right tool, and turn a bunch of expensive machines into machine blocks. You guessed it. I get pissed and cheat the machines back in, then destroy any leftovers.
- Creepers keep blowing up the terrain around my house, getting tired of filling in huge dirt holes. I disable mobgriefing game rule.
- I have a bag full of tools, tons of expensive gear on me, and I fall into lava and die. At this point I stand up and just want to scream. Time to cheat them back in and enable keepInventory game rule so it doesn't happen again.
Who else is guilty of this? I really don't see myself ever being able to play the game 100% legit. I've never used the "big" cheats, such a god mode, flying, peaceful mode... but lately I really can't play the game without keepInventory enabled and mobgriefing disabled. Without teleporting, I feel like 90% of my playtime is running places.