Direwolf20 1.7.10 released

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I found a possible bug in 1.0.4... When you make a tough tool rod from wood the wooden pattern says it takes 3 units in the WAILA tip, but actually uses 6.

I don't know if this applies to other materials but will check as soon as I get enough ore to waste some (don't hold your breath too long :D)

[Post Morning Coffee Edit] I derped! The pattern refers to wooden PLANKS. I was using STICKS.

Removes pedal extremity from facial orifice. :oops:

Last edited:
Reactions: Beeze23

Beeze23

Jul 29, 2019
Many other changes, please check the Changelogs before updating as it isn't "Recommended" yet. I delete all previous worlds when I load a new pack version so it won't hit me so hard if things go belly up.

And I pick a version and stick with it a while because I don't want to start over, though I'll update individual mods because of bugs.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
New news from DW20 re: version 1.0.5

Direwolf20
‏@Direwolf20 5h5 hours ago

v1.04 is out on the launcher, not yet recommended. Annihilation planes are broken, but fixed by @FireBall1725 and will be in v1.05, also TD

Direwolf20 ‏@Direwolf20 5h5 hours ago

Thermal Dynamics was a little too unstable to make it into this release, but should be in v1.05, hopefully in a week or 2. No promises :D

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, Is there a block that can detect lava and send out a redstone signal on any of the mods on dw20 pack?
I think extra cells could do that. Sort of. It has a liquid transition plain. It would eat the lava then you could have a level emitter emit the redstone signal.
I think.

GuitarCFD

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so going from 1.0.3 to 1.1.1 seems like its going to be impossible. The update is causing some sort of FPS lag around my base. Any way for me to determine what the cause is? I'd really like to be able to update Thaumcraft and Botania.

zidane2

Jul 29, 2019
i didnt have any problem updating my server from 1.0.4 to 1.1.1, just some chisel items gone and replaced by leaves but thats all

Mkiop

Jul 29, 2019
Hi. Could be possible to add the Vending Block mod to the pack? Mostly for server spawn shops... This is a neat, simple way of selling items to players and the plain old sign shops and villager trades is kinda getting old... What you think?

Zaes

Jul 29, 2019
Hi. Could be possible to add the Vending Block mod to the pack? Mostly for server spawn shops... This is a neat, simple way of selling items to players and the plain old sign shops and villager trades is kinda getting old... What you think?

I'm pretty sure that you can just drop the mod in the server folder (and clientside too) without any permissions becoming violated or void or whatever. You are still using the server version of the FTB pack but with an extra mod thats all (can someone confirm this for me please?)

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty sure that you can just drop the mod in the server folder (and clientside too) without any permissions becoming violated or void or whatever. You are still using the server version of the FTB pack but with an extra mod thats all (can someone confirm this for me please?)

Packs have no real copyright attached to them, except for mojangs. But he would need whatever permission would be required from the mods dev.

Jul 29, 2019
hello guys im pretty new to the direwolf20 pack and FTB and i really dont know if this is a good place to ask oh well to the question shall we, am i and my friends the only ones not getting these "treasure bags" from thaumcraft in DW20 1.7.10 pack? or are we so terrible that we need to kill something special?

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com
hello guys im pretty new to the direwolf20 pack and FTB and i really dont know if this is a good place to ask oh well to the question shall we, am i and my friends the only ones not getting these "treasure bags" from thaumcraft in DW20 1.7.10 pack? or are we so terrible that we need to kill something special?
You have to kill specific mobs that are named and have some sort of special effect around them. You'll revive a guaranteed bag of one of the different levels of rarity then you simply right click it to open it.

Hope this helps ~SnowShock35 ;)

Jul 29, 2019
You have to kill specific mobs that are named and have some sort of special effect around them. You'll revive a guaranteed bag of one of the different levels of rarity then you simply right click it to open it.

Hope this helps ~SnowShock35 ;)
thx man :) then we have just been unlucky to find one of these mobs :)

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Hello comming the harde mode from infinity to dw20?
I hope yes. would be very very cool

I don't know if an "Expert" mode is coming to DW20... If so it'll probably be considerably different from Infinity. The current beta version of DW20 has FtB Utilities and Tweaks added, as I assume most "official" FtB packs will eventually, but it would be up to Direwolf20 himself to at least create a framework of what recipes get changed, etc.