Direwolf20 1.7.10 released

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

gendalf

Jul 29, 2019
how to pipe lava&water into the tinker's contruct smeltery? since there is a recipe to make obsidian out of turning lava and water into liquid obsidian

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
how to pipe lava&water into the tinker's contruct smeltery? since there is a recipe to make obsidian out of turning lava and water into liquid obsidian

You pipe it in where you pipe fluids out. Oh and the direction of the hole in that block is irreverent.

gendalf

Jul 29, 2019
I just noticed that I somehow lost all of my scanned Thaumcraft aspects in the book and the research table o_O (tons of them)..
The primal aspects are still showing tons of items which they are in (when I hover over them in the book) and the thaumometer still shows aspects of items, when I hover over them, with (?) on some aspects. I have had only thaumium researched and it didn't disappear. Is there a way to recover?

gendalf

Jul 29, 2019
well apparently losing thaumcraft research aspects isn't a new thing, found a few posts, they recommend to just cheat it in with /thaumcraft :oops:

- sonar goggles aren't working, random lines appear for a millisecond whenever i move mouse around, but nothing distinguishable
- I have troubles swapping hotbar with traveller's belt, i have to spam B every time for it to work

Last edited:

JesterGaming

Jul 29, 2019
Any tips on getting this to run better? Im hitting around 30fps and lows of 12.

Ive installed optifine changed a few options that should give me better fps but no luck im running on java 8.

Pc specs are -
8320 @ 4ghz
Gigabyte windforce oc 3x 280x
8gb ddr3 ram
256Gb ssd

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019

Ive installed optifine changed a few options that should give me better fps but no luck im running on java 8.

Pc specs are -
8320 @ 4ghz
8gb ddr3 ram
256Gb ssd
Did you add Fastcraft? Although, 1.7.10 in general seems to be far more of a performance hog than previous versions.

JesterGaming

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah installed it before optifine

Edit - actually i re-downloaded ftb and direwolf and i dont think i put fastcraft back in o_O

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Yeah installed it before optifine

Edit - actually i re-downloaded ftb and direwolf and i dont think i put fastcraft back in o_O

Just an FYI... When you update the pack version, say you install the "recommended" version of DW20 (1.0.2) and you want to use the version with some fixes in it (1.0.3), you will have to reload Fastcraft afterward as well, since FtB respects the developer's wishes to not distribute Fastcraft officially.

gendalf

Jul 29, 2019
JesterGaming, i have a way slower PC and get the same FPS, it's really just minecraft being minecraft

steel in Tinker's Construct of dw pack is actually better than alumite and cobolt, it gives 10 mining speed, +2 damage, 750 durability

does the slaughter house drop items ?

Last edited:

gendalf

Jul 29, 2019
ender io fluid conduits are really annoying to connect to each other, poking it with a wrench will either do nothing or interconnect into random direction. I have to clean the whole pipe system and build it again, just so that this 3-way place would have a connection

tindin

Jul 29, 2019
the lower left corner of the side you want to connect is the sweet pot 90% of the time for me

gendalf

Jul 29, 2019
bug: if i right-click with thermal expansion hardened tank (with lava in it) on an ender io Fluid tank, the thermal expansion hardened tank gets consumed

Juba Akbalox

Jul 29, 2019

Pc specs are -
8320 @ 4ghz
8gb ddr3 ram
256Gb ssd

I'm running at a much less powerfull system and I'm getting some 30 fps really stable (I've set this, fells like it's what my PC can run without overburdening you probably going to draw much more from it)

Well, after testing and wandering around here on forums I've collected this much intel on this matter (running DW20's on this ol'rusty friend of mine)

Java 8 Update 11 - newer updates are Just getting more and more laggy as you play

Fastcraft - Well, 1.7.10, no need to say moar

some usefull Java args for your system, I had to try some different ones I started with this one and removed some stuff witch I felt was slowing stuff down
-Xms2048m -XX:permSize=256m -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=512m -XX:NewRatio=4 -XX:SurvivorRatio=3 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=80 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=8 -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=0 -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=20 -XX:GCPauseIntervalMillis=250 -XX:MaxGCMinorPauseMillis=7 -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled -XX:+ExplicitGCInvokesConcurrentAndUnloadsClasses -XX:+UseCMSInitiatingOccupancyOnly -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=50 -XX:+BindGCTaskThreadsToCPUs -XX:+TieredCompilation -XX:Tier0ProfilingStartPercentage=0 -XX:Tier3InvocationThreshold=3 -XX:Tier3MinInvocationThreshold=2 -XX:Tier3CompileThreshold=2 -XX:Tier3BackEdgeThreshold=10 -XX:Tier4InvocationThreshold=4 -XX:Tier4MinInvocationThreshold=3 -XX:Tier4CompileThreshold=2 -XX:Tier4BackEdgeThreshold=8 -XX:TieredCompileTaskTimeout=5000 -XX:Tier3DelayOn=50 -XX:Tier3DelayOff=25 -XX:+UseFastEmptyMethods -XX:-DontCompileHugeMethods -XX:+AlwaysCompileLoopMethods -XX:+CICompilerCountPerCPU -XX:+UseStringCache -XX:+UseNUMA