Direwolf20 1.7.10 released

Lathen

Jul 29, 2019
Just wondering why playing at fullscreen would improve fps. Naively (ie I don't know much about how these things work) I would have thought that was harder on the system.

There isnt an overall answer as it varies alot from game to game / hardware to hardware. Some would argue that its because you also have to render your desktop along with any app that might be running which obviously taxes your system more. But I find that I have more stable fps running fullscreen compared to windowed.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Just wondering why playing at fullscreen would improve fps. Naively (ie I don't know much about how these things work) I would have thought that was harder on the system.

When you play fullscreen your computer's resources are nearly 100% dedicated to running that program. Having other windows and a desktop to process and other graphics to refresh repeatedly can drastically reduce those resources.

Koro

Jul 29, 2019
Where can I report bugs for direwolf20? I wanted to craft a cable facade from applied energistics but unfortunately, it didn't work. I was using regular stone bricks. Also when I look up Facade it only shows me "Cable Facade - Lapis Caelestis Aurantiacus (Orange)"

Snnnider

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone had any luck with Computercraft? I want to use it for an energy level monitor, but the computer will not register it as a peripheral. I have also tried using the open peripheral's peripheral proxy, but to no avail. Even tried attaching it to other things such as chests and thaumcraft aspect jars. Anyone else managed to get it to work?

Zadkiel

Jul 29, 2019
energy level monitor of what block? I've not been able to wrap TE energy cells, which I believe based on something I read elsewhere is a problem with the versions of openperipherals and thermalexpansion in the mod pack right now, but should be 'fixed' with an update to a more recent openperipherals (until TE breaks it again), so hopefully in a pack update at some point.

But I've got it to work with other devices just fine. here's my CC program for monitoring the energy levels in my Big Reactor, for example.

http://pastebin.com/z81NYzbA

Snnnider

Jul 29, 2019
energy level monitor of what block? I've not been able to wrap TE energy cells, which I believe based on something I read elsewhere is a problem with the versions of openperipherals and thermalexpansion in the mod pack right now, but should be 'fixed' with an update to a more recent openperipherals (until TE breaks it again), so hopefully in a pack update at some point.

But I've got it to work with other devices just fine. here's my CC program for monitoring the energy levels in my Big Reactor, for example.

http://pastebin.com/z81NYzbA

Sorry forgot to say which, yeah TE Energy cells I was trying with.
I saw that it might have been the OpenPeripherals but didn't want to risk manually updating just in case the next update broke everything

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
im using vanilla tho D:

Then option one is to try updating factorization, option two is to yank it all together, and option three is to try messing with the launchers memory or java setting.
Unless you really want to play with it I'd just yank it. There are newer more interesting alternatives for most of it in the current version of the pack.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Phew... today I found my third new arch-enemy. After the beginning phase with tele-creepers, followed by minyenderman (who glitch themselves into the ground all the time and attack me from there) I today met my first wither cats... seriously, if I don't kill them with the first hit they take me apart, even in full protection IV flux armor O_O (and sadly had to kill a phew who spanwed in my starting blood magic setup... else I hate killing them, they're cats! :( )
Some crazy new monsters who really scare me in this pack xD

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Phew... today I found my third new arch-enemy. After the beginning phase with tele-creepers, followed by minyenderman (who glitch themselves into the ground all the time and attack me from there) I today met my first wither cats... seriously, if I don't kill them with the first hit they take me apart, even in full protection IV flux armor O_O (and sadly had to kill a phew who spanwed in my starting blood magic setup... else I hate killing them, they're cats! :( )
Some crazy new monsters who really scare me in this pack xD

Um I believe the mini endys and cats are passive. Harmless unless attacked.

Yup double checked. Harmless unless you are a creeper. The mini will attack them.

Last edited:

Lathen

Jul 29, 2019
Where can I report bugs for direwolf20? I wanted to craft a cable facade from applied energistics but unfortunately, it didn't work. I was using regular stone bricks. Also when I look up Facade it only shows me "Cable Facade - Lapis Caelestis Aurantiacus (Orange)"

Many of the facade blocks have been disabled in the standard config files for the Dire pack, you can enabled them under AE2 > Facades config.

EW Pandemic Legion

DYS0N is recruiting

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Many of the facade blocks have been disabled in the standard config files for the Dire pack, you can enabled them under AE2 > Facades config.

DYS0N is recruiting
Let's keep politics out of this.....

Sent from my CUBOT ONE using Tapatalk

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Um I believe the mini endys and cats are passive. Harmless unless attacked.

Yup double checked. Harmless unless you are a creeper. The mini will attack them.

I know, it's just difficult to not attack them when they're standing in this 1-block-space I set up in my starting for blood magic. (and enderminy I only attacked on the field in the starting phase, since they seem far more common than normal enderman when you're searching for your first ender pearls ^^")
Still scared me alot when I accidently attacked a wither cat on the field (jumped right between me and a creeper) and it suddenly went on a rampage O_O

[edit]
Another little question from me, since I tested many of the ender-io machines today:
- Is the text for the "experience obilisk" outdated?
The part about "Put it on a fluid tank and you can use shift-rightclick/leftclick to directly make it store/give experience. But the only way it seems to work is over it's interfact.
Tried to put both - the fluid tank and the obilisk - onto my energy (since both have a "RF"-Number in the info) but they not seem to connect to it.

Last edited:

impparadox

Jul 29, 2019
So for some reason, the pack wont show up in my launcher. I have tried everything that i can think of to get the new pack to show in my launcher, redownloading the .exe file, moving the pack folder from a friends pc, taking his entire ftb folder and trying to use that directory for the launcher, but nothing is working. Any ideas or tips on how to get it to show up, or what to do to get it fixed would be a huge help!