Direwolf20 1.7.10 released

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
So i have a random bug with just a single chunk not loading http://i58.tinypic.com/aky9uv.png
i had a chunk loader so i decided to get rid of it and exit minecraft, didnt work.
I tried that 4 times and on the 3rd, a whole bunch of Enderman and Skeletons with Luigi hats were all over the area enough to lag me out of the instance so i couldnt get a picture
the only thing i had in the chunk was Extra Utilities related (cursed earth, Dark glass, Dark ethereal glass) so i removed it and it still didnt work
i have no idea how to fix it O,o HALP!

I had some chunk issues. And for some reason changing the view distance fixed it for me.

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
I've tried that and it didnt work, would you mind telling me how to edit the chunk out?
Sorry for not saying it in the first reply. You want to use MCEdit. Just make sure to make a backup / copy of your existing world so you can play around in MCEdit and not worry about destroying your world irrevocably.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...mcedit-minecraft-world-editor-now-open-source
I'm not sure it's uptodate for 1.7.10 (I can't open mc forums on this comp), make sure to read thoroughly.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone can give me a tipp of where to find apatite in the new pack?

I have now alot of manual-mining done, besides that 3 locations of small sized quarry'ing (so about a 30x30 area) and havn't found a single bit of apatite so far... quite difficult to make a forestry farm without it (since I don't seem to find any salpeter-ore aswell for the other fertilizer-creating-way)

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019

I have now alot of manual-mining done, besides that 3 locations of small sized quarry'ing (so about a 30x30 area) and havn't found a single bit of apatite so far... quite difficult to make a forestry farm without it (since I don't seem to find any salpeter-ore aswell for the other fertilizer-creating-way)

I can't help you with the apatite but I don want to make sure you are aware that forestry farms are probably the worst way to farm. Even worse than vanilla in some ways.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019

Apatite generates above y=56, so you may be looking too low for it. Also, I vaguely remember something about it being biome specific now? Regardless, I've found lots in Extreme Hills.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
I can't help you with the apatite but I don want to make sure you are aware that forestry farms are probably the worst way to farm. Even worse than vanilla in some ways.

I know about that, but at the moment it seems that neither MFR nor EnderIO farms work with the foretry-trees. And since the fruitpicker not works with the biomes o' plenty appletrees I thought the forestry-farm is best way to get apples for the squeezer.
(though I wonder a bit lately, if a MFR with masses of berry-bushes wouldn't be better... may have to test that if I don't get any apples from foretry easy :/ )

[edit]
@Bagman: Thank you. May really still be used to much to 1.64, where you found it about everywhere ^^"
Will try to find me a nice extreme hills biome and look there.

FInaldeath

Jul 29, 2019
I know about that, but at the moment it seems that neither MFR nor EnderIO farms work with the foretry-trees. And since the fruitpicker not works with the biomes o' plenty appletrees I thought the forestry-farm is best way to get apples for the squeezer.
(though I wonder a bit lately, if a MFR with masses of berry-bushes wouldn't be better... may have to test that if I don't get any apples from foretry easy :/ )

[edit]
@Bagman: Thank you. May really still be used to much to 1.64, where you found it about everywhere ^^"
Will try to find me a nice extreme hills biome and look there.

You can also find a bunch in Mountain biomes, i am sure you can find it in any biome it just seems to be mostly in the mountainous ones due to it now having a higher spawn range than before. I am so glad they did this because apatite is one of the things where you get so flipping much of it yet only has one use which doesn't need all that much for.

They seem to have done a really good job this time around with oregen levels, lightyears ahead of all previous packs imo. Whoever did it needs a big pat on the back.

ldmb1966

Jul 29, 2019
when i try to launch the direwolf 1.7.10 pack it says "error occured during downloading the assets". any help or fixes? When I launch monster or agrarian skies it runs perfectly fine.

RestrictedDruid

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if something changed for 1.7.10 but Extra Utilities Filing cabinets don't work properly anymore, they allow multiple types of items inside them now rather than locking them to single item id like they should be doing. For example a filing cabinet with thaumcraft shards is allowing uranium, aluminum, apatite, certus quartz (but not charged) and coal in it. A filing cabinet with project red gems in it is also allowing the same items as the cabinet with the thaumcraft shards. Cabinets with forestry drones and princesses however seem to be working normally. There may be other items that will go in there as well but those are just what ive seen so far with my basic quarry sorting system i just set up. My best guess as to what is going on is that it doesn't lock the cabinet to the id of something if the items in it are stackable, but works properly when non stackable items are in it.

This is on Direwolf20 1.7.10 v1.0.1

Would have posted this in the bug forum but seems i don't have permission to create threads on there so figured this would be the next best place.

When you go to the bug forum there is text at the top: "You can report bugs using this form. Make sure to fill in all the fields in as much detail as possible to make sure we can fix the bug. Be aware you will not receive support in this area, only report bugs here."

The text definitely blends in and is easy to miss, but clicking the red will let you post the bug report. Hope this helps anyone else who's eyes missed this!

Reactions: FInaldeath

ThinkSlow

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry if being slightly off topic, but using DW20 pack, Is there a way to automate the Grind Stone with the Robotic Arm?

I know dire did it on his latest Forgecraft series, but doesn't seem to work in this pack.

FInaldeath

Jul 29, 2019
When you go to the bug forum there is text at the top: "You can report bugs using this form. Make sure to fill in all the fields in as much detail as possible to make sure we can fix the bug. Be aware you will not receive support in this area, only report bugs here."

The text definitely blends in and is easy to miss, but clicking the red will let you post the bug report. Hope this helps anyone else who's eyes missed this!

Little suggestion to those who can do something about it, i suggest leaving the regular new thread button and forward it to that form instead of saying people don't have permission to post there and put a semi hidden link in a spot that general notifications usually go.

But anyway, thanks for the heads up, will fill that out.

Reactions: RestrictedDruid

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Sorry if being slightly off topic, but using DW20 pack, Is there a way to automate the Grind Stone with the Robotic Arm?

I know dire did it on his latest Forgecraft series, but doesn't seem to work in this pack.

He did it on the Forgecraft server, which doesn't have the same mods or even the same version of mods as the 1.7.10 DW20 pack. A lot of the mods on Forgecraft are experimental and/or alpha versions. If you watch Direwolf20's Server series on Youtube, or better yet Soaryn's Twitch channel (because it's real time and unedited), you can often hear discussions between mods on tweaks and features of various mods.

[Edit] Besides, isn't a SAG mill/Survivalist generator combo quicker and easier to build? You also get additional dusts sometimes with the SAG mill...

ThinkSlow

Jul 29, 2019
He did it on the Forgecraft server, which doesn't have the same mods or even the same version of mods as the 1.7.10 DW20 pack. A lot of the mods on Forgecraft are experimental and/or alpha versions. If you watch Direwolf20's Server series on Youtube, or better yet Soaryn's Twitch channel (because it's real time and unedited), you can often hear discussions between mods on tweaks and features of various mods.

[Edit] Besides, isn't a SAG mill/Survivalist generator combo quicker and easier to build? You also get additional dusts sometimes with the SAG mill...

I know that not the same mods and same versions, but it's pretty close to DW20 pack in terms of mod listing (DW does list any new mods in his videos).

Soaryn is cool, but like you said, real time, and he does do things pretty quickly.

I am yet to use SAG mill/survivalist generator combo, any decent video's around on YouTube?

I generally go for TE stuff, but would not mind exploring other options.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I know that not the same mods and same versions, but it's pretty close to DW20 pack in terms of mod listing (DW does list any new mods in his videos).

Soaryn is cool, but like you said, real time, and he does do things pretty quickly.

I am yet to use SAG mill/survivalist generator combo, any decent video's around on YouTube?

Dwolf did a spotlight of EIO not to long ago.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013

Check DW's new Let's Play series... It uses the new pack so we have all the mods used. There are 7 or 8 episodes so far and he builds the Survivalist generator, SAG and possibly the Alloy Smelter in the 2nd episode.

Unata

Jul 29, 2019

This is the default setting for Apatite as per the forestry wiki : "It occurs on large, but uncommon veins in layers above level 56 (60 in versions prior to 2.1.x.x)"

So anywhere above y level 60 you should be able to find some.

ThinkSlow

Jul 29, 2019
Check DW's new Let's Play series... It uses the new pack so we have all the mods used. There are 7 or 8 episodes so far and he builds the Survivalist generator, SAG and possibly the Alloy Smelter in the 2nd episode.

Yeah I went ahead and used the next one up I think from Survivalist Generator (Furnace Generator).

Went on a massive mining session so got alot of ores to convert.

Unata

Jul 29, 2019
2014-11-14_08.55.17.png
Can anyone tell me if this is the proper way to set up a Botania's Hydroangeas?
I've no clue as to where the mana spreader should go for best effect

Reactions: loboca