Direwolf20 1.7.10 released

ItsIgnasss

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know what is this but when evry time I launch any mod pack with one is 1.7.10 version it doesn't work and console says - Error while running launchMinecraft(): java.lang.NullPointerException. Can someone help ???
This is full crash log -
[22:06:31] [INFO] LaunchFrame.doLogin:719: Logging in...
[22:06:31] [DEBUG] LaunchFrame$15.done:761: responseStr: good
[22:06:31] [INFO] LaunchFrame$15.done:764: Login complete.
[22:06:31] [DEBUG] User.writeObject:168: starting...
[22:06:31] [DEBUG] LaunchFrame$15.done:768: user data saved
[22:06:31] [DEBUG] LaunchFrame.runGameUpdater:812: ForceUpdate: false
[22:06:31] [DEBUG] LaunchFrame.runGameUpdater:813: installPath: C:\FTB
[22:06:31] [DEBUG] LaunchFrame.runGameUpdater:814: pack dir: direwolf20_17
[22:06:31] [DEBUG] LaunchFrame.runGameUpdater:815: pack check path: direwolf20_17\version
[22:06:31] [INFO] MCInstaller.gatherAssets:116: Checking local assets file, for MC version1.7.10 Please wait!
[22:06:31] [DEBUG] MCInstaller.gatherAssets:133: Checking minecraft.jar
[22:06:31] [DEBUG] MCInstaller.gatherAssets:146: checking minecraft libraries
[22:06:31] [DEBUG] MCInstaller.gatherAssets:167: Checking pack libararies
[22:06:31] [DEBUG] MCInstaller.gatherAssets:230: Checking minecraft assets
[22:06:32] [DEBUG] MCInstaller.gatherAssets:245: Starting TaskHandler to check MC assets
[22:06:32] [DEBUG] Benchmark.logBenchAs:71: parallel asset check took 437 ms.
[22:06:32] [INFO] MCInstaller.launchMinecraft:293: Setting up native libraries for Direwolf20 v Recommended Version MC 1.7.10
[22:06:33] [INFO] MCLauncher.syncAssets:258: Syncing Assets:
[22:06:33] [INFO] MCLauncher.launchMinecraft:81: Java Path: C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_25\bin\javaw.exe
[22:06:33] [INFO] MCLauncher.launchMinecraft:82: Pack: Direwolf20 1.7.10
[22:06:33] [INFO] MCLauncher.setMemory:241: Setting MinMemory to 256
[22:06:33] [INFO] MCLauncher.setMemory:243: Setting MaxMemory to 7936
[22:06:33] [INFO] MCLauncher.launchMinecraft:104: Defaulting PermSize to 256m
[22:06:33] [INFO] MCLauncher.launchMinecraft:129: Adding Optimization Arguments
[22:06:33] [ERROR] ProcessBuilder.start:-1->MCInstaller.launchMinecraft:409: Error while running launchMinecraft(): java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(Unknown Source)
net.ftb.minecraft.MCLauncher.launchMinecraft(MCLauncher.java:232)
net.ftb.minecraft.MCInstaller.launchMinecraft(MCInstaller.java:364)
net.ftb.minecraft.MCInstaller.setupNewStyle(MCInstaller.java:103)
net.ftb.gui.LaunchFrame.runGameUpdater(LaunchFrame.java:852)
net.ftb.gui.LaunchFrame.access$800(LaunchFrame.java:99)
net.ftb.gui.LaunchFrame$15.done(LaunchFrame.java:772)
javax.swing.SwingWorker$5.run(Unknown Source)
javax.swing.SwingWorker$DoSubmitAccumulativeRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
sun.swing.AccumulativeRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
javax.swing.SwingWorker$DoSubmitAccumulativeRunnable.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
javax.swing.Timer.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
javax.swing.Timer$DoPostEvent.run(Unknown Source)
java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
java.awt.EventQueue.access$400(Unknown Source)
java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
[22:06:33] [DEBUG] Benchmark.logBenchAs:71: UnreadNews Init took 305 ms.

Last edited:
Reactions: NoOneLives

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
That's too bad they decided not to use GregTech, but it's really not all that surprising. Direwolf is definitely not a GT kinda player, he does good videos obv but he's never been into seriously hardcore Minecrafting in his Let's Play series.

I'm a GregTech kinda player, so it would really have been awesome if they had left GT in the modpack, I would have played it exclusively until 1.8 modpacks come out in a few years (yes, years, not months LOL). I'll still play the modpack because DW is always a good modpack, if not a great one. But I'll have to split my time with InfiTech2 or some other pack that does include GT.

For those who didn't know, GregTech changed their wiki and are now using the FTB wiki for all GregTech stuff. That's a very good sign indeed!! We should have a lot more packs with GT in them, that's what it tells me.

ooooh my god.... imagine if gregtech was in the pack... the whole minecraft community would get turned upside down and everything would be on fire
the direwolf pack is more of a starting modpack for new players or people who like to keep it simple, throwing gregtech into that formula is just waiting for a disaster to happen

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Did anyone find a magical biome?

I generated thousand of blocks and still havent found a magical biome... Am I out of luck or could it be a biome generation bug?

Also, someone(and I think Dire too) said some biomes were disabled. I looked at the BoP config file and all the biomes are enable...

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Exact same here, I tried with different java versions, moving to a new install folder and even tried on another PC, still nothing.
You guys realize that, without a proper crash log no one can help you?

Also, there is a forum section to report crash reports. The guys that can help might not be reading this thread...

Reactions: RestrictedDruid

Beta

Jul 29, 2019
Could anyone please explain to me how to install liteloader on this pack? I'm also using multimc.

XeroSilent

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, so the pack launches fine, but when i generate a world, it reaches a point and then just crashes, closing all windows. it says that the spawn is being prepared, prepares the spawn, then displays an error about an aroma backup, or encounters an exception loading a chunk. Any fixes?

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know what is up with the random explosions every now and then? They don't seem to be doing anything (I have mobGriefing set to false) but I am curious as to what is causing them.

CourierSC

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know what is up with the random explosions every now and then? They don't seem to be doing anything (I have mobGriefing set to false) but I am curious as to what is causing them.

Do you see the animation play or do you just hear a random noise?

Iscamania

Jul 29, 2019
You guys realize that, without a proper crash log no one can help you?

Also, there is a forum section to report crash reports. The guys that can help might not be reading this thread...

I have the same problem. Crashlog: http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/27c0486b

I'll make a thread in the crash reports if there isn't already one. :)

EDIT: The FTB tech support page isn't playing nice. I can't sign up to it for some stupid unknown reason... -.- I also copied all the mods and configs to a new MultiMC5 instance and it works fine there, so that tells me that it's not caused by my java installation.

Last edited:

Budz42

Jul 29, 2019
No animation, just random explosion noise. I was thinking it may have been the AE2 meteors but I don't see any terrain damage.
I have the same thing going on in my game. Though I can't find any meteors, my guess is that it's some new creeper mob that explodes randomly or explodes when damaged, though I have yet to see any other than normal and tele creepers.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I dont think this is right...

From the CoFH ore generation files, the large Iron nodes should be at level 33+/-3, that is, from 30 to 36. Not from 28-38....
Same with medium nodes. It should be 25-41 and not 23-43...

I would guess the other ores might be wrong too...

What someone really needs to do is change all stone/dirt/gravel/sand blocks to air blocks in MCEdit or similar, and show us images of the results (which will mainly just leave the ore blocks showing). Someone did this for GregTech 5 ore distribution and posted the imgur links on reddit. I think others in the past have actually gone in and used a program to count the ores per chunk, on average, over many chunks, and uses those statistics to provide the mean (average, middle) elevation for all ores. Just keep an eye on reddit, I'm sure someone will do it soon enough.

dem0z

Jul 29, 2019
I dont think this is right...

From the CoFH ore generation files, the large Iron nodes should be at level 33+/-3, that is, from 30 to 36. Not from 28-38....
Same with medium nodes. It should be 25-41 and not 23-43...

I would guess the other ores might be wrong too...

Ore Primary Centered at Primary Spread
Diamond 8 5 - 11
Gold 13 10 - 16
Lapis 18 15 - 21
Redstone 10 7 - 13
Tin 23 20 - 26
Silver/Lead 28 25 - 31
Iron 33 30 - 36
Nickel/Ferrous 38 35 - 41
Copper 43 40 - 46
Aluminium 48 45 - 51

it's just a copy pasta from somewhere else i don't remember where but its pretty accurate.

Last edited: