Direwolf20 1.7.10 Help, Venting and Discussion Thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Inngrimsch

Jul 29, 2019
i foun dthat the update from 1.0.1 to 1.0.2 has been a huge increase in performance.. everyone on my server uses now about 25% less ram server itself uses less too and we all have a nice fps increase ^^ (not that i would actually see my fps increasing with 120 on a 60Hz monitor ^^)

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to set up a filer on a item conduit without actually having the item?

Any way of getting a ghast tear without fighting ghasts?

Got tired of trying to hook item conduits up to tesseracts. So using enderstorage chests instead. Only problem is running low on the glowstone it take to make them.

Inngrimsch

Jul 29, 2019
i think steves factory manger stuff dosent requires you to have the item to set up the filter but i am not sure... for the ghast tear i am pretty sure you can make them with bees and iirc there was a way to get them with bloodmagic too

Reactions: DeathOfTime

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to set up a filer on a item conduit without actually having the item?

Any way of getting a ghast tear without fighting ghasts?

Got tired of trying to hook item conduits up to tesseracts. So using enderstorage chests instead. Only problem is running low on the glowstone it take to make them.
You could whitelist everything but ghast tears...

That's impractical, go kill a ghast.

Reactions: DeathOfTime

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
A lil weird question, but since I found no way myself... I ask the people who know the packs better (there are always some! ^^) if I may have overseen a way:

Is there a way, besides MFR, to make a tree farm that collects leaves instead of breaking them?
(I used MFR so much in 1.6.4, so I wanted to use other mods more this time, but I kinda not find any other tree farm that is able to do that... is MFR the only one with this option?)

Kwequay

Jul 29, 2019
A lil weird question, but since I found no way myself... I ask the people who know the packs better (there are always some! ^^) if I may have overseen a way:

Is there a way, besides MFR, to make a tree farm that collects leaves instead of breaking them?
(I used MFR so much in 1.6.4, so I wanted to use other mods more this time, but I kinda not find any other tree farm that is able to do that... is MFR the only one with this option?)

EDIT: sorry, you wanted something that's not MFR. My bad

Edit: you could try an ender quarry with silk touch ;)

Use the Harvester, tell it to shear leaves.

I have mine set up with a Harvester dumping into a chest, filtering items around so that wood goes into a furnace, charcoal goes into a generator which powers the setup.

Saplings into planter, barrels for everything else.

Reactions: Yulife

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks alot for the idea with the ender quarry. May really try it.
Though, guess will be a lil troublesome, since it would needed to be broken/replaced from time to time. But at least something I will try to look into :)

Still a bit sad, that so many mods can build a tree farm and hardly any thinks about an option for shearing the leaves xD

[edit]
Ender Quarry seems to ignore everything that is a plant/tree/leave. So sadly not working.
Guess MFR is - besides doing it manual with shears - the only way to collect leaves automatically ^^"

Last edited:

Jul 29, 2019
Though, guess will be a lil troublesome, since it would needed to be broken/replaced from time to time. But at least something I will try to look into :)

Still a bit sad, that so many mods can build a tree farm and hardly any thinks about an option for shearing the leaves xD

[edit]
Ender Quarry seems to ignore everything that is a plant/tree/leave. So sadly not working.
Guess MFR is - besides doing it manual with shears - the only way to collect leaves automatically ^^"
Ender Quarry wont work unless you have a way to replace it every time it harvests everything

Kwequay

Jul 29, 2019

[edit]

Shame it didn't work. Only other thing I can think of is computer craft

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Would a ender io "Farming Station" with a silk touch Axe work?

I finally filtered firestone into its own chest. My brother's character ran around putting out the fires while I did so. While he was on fire even. Just occurred to me I could have used a "existing" filter upgrade instead.

Got my cobble gen going for the attempt at getting a block of bedrockium. I made ?194? world upgrades and ?256? speed upgrades and placed them into 16 item retrieval nodes to feed a bunch of machines that would craft the whole thing for me.

Made a tier two solar generator. Used a state cell and comparator to empty out the generator every time it got full.

Still don't have a ghast tier.

I found out flippers on steel armor don't mesh well with squid morph. I would aim a direction and just keep giong for about 128 blocks or more. Until I took them off.

Last edited:

Cougar281

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone else seen issues with the DW20 pack freezing while playing? It *seems* to happen most with world gen, and it's a LOT worse when I'm playing on my local PC than it is on my server. I just created anew world locally with a seed, and I travel about 10 blocks and it goes to 'not responding' and hangs there for a random amount of time.

Unrelated to that, is there something about the way the DW20 worlds gen that omits deserts? In my server world, I spent a TON of time, traveled over 6000 blocks from spawn/home as the bird flies in one direction and about 3000 in the opposite (actual paths were anything but straight), and I didn't find a SINGLE desert. Never before have I played any form of Minecraft that had NO deserts.....

Last edited:

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone else seen issues with the DW20 pack freezing while playing? It *seems* to happen most with world gen, and it's a LOT worse when I'm playing on my local PC than it is on my server. I just created anew world locally with a seed, and I travel about 10 blocks and it goes to 'not responding' and hangs there for a random amount of time.
This is a known issue with MC 1.7. Using Fastcraft can help.

Unrelated to that, is there something about the way the DW20 worlds gen that omits deserts? In my server world, I spent a TON of time, traveled over 6000 blocks from spawn/home as the bird flies in one direction and about 3000 in the opposite (actual paths were anything but straight), and I didn't find a SINGLE desert. Never before have I played any form of Minecraft that had NO deserts.....
Are you using Biomes O' Plenty? With that deserts are pretty rare but without they shouldn't be

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
[QUOTE="Cougar281, post: 843440, member: 15563
Unrelated to that, is there something about the way the DW20 worlds gen that omits deserts? In my server world, I spent a TON of time, traveled over 6000 blocks from spawn/home as the bird flies in one direction and about 3000 in the opposite (actual paths were anything but straight), and I didn't find a SINGLE desert. Never before have I played any form of Minecraft that had NO deserts.....[/QUOTE]

Forge had a bug that was messing up the biomes, but that was 1 of the last few things that got fixed before the pack was released. I've found 2 or 3 deserts so far. I'm also finding more temples than I'm used to seeing, & Thaumcraft Erdrich altars are all over the place. I do have BoP disabled. Note that if you disable BoP, you need to fix the COFH configs to get nether quartz to spawn.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
I cannot create a DW20 1.0.2 game without using the Biomes O'Plenty world generator: Every time I create a flat preset world I get a crash on initial creation with a "Cannot get block type in world" error.

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
I cannot create a DW20 1.0.2 game without using the Biomes O'Plenty world generator: Every time I create a flat preset world I get a crash on initial creation with a "Cannot get block type in world" error.

Works fine with standard terrain. Seems to be a bug with thaumcraft nodes & flat terrain, so I haven't been able to create a flat test world this pack yet. Can you create a flat world with BoP?

Cougar281

Jul 29, 2019
I had Biomes O Plenty installed, but I used 'World Type: Default' for the gen, not Biomes O Plenty. Like I said, I traveled over a HUGE area and really only seemed to find three or four different biomes. Didn't see ANY villages, no signs of strongholds, etc. Disabled BoP & created a new gen and found a desert and two villages pretty quick. I guess Biomes O Plenty is actually Biomes O Sparse lol. I think BoP just has too much. You'd have to have a ridiculously sized map to have every biome it has and have them be larger than a few chunks each What would needed to be modded in the CoFH config to get nether Quartz to gen without BoP? I Poked around in the config files and nothing stood out.

Eventually, I'm probably going to open the server up as a whitelist server, and as such, I don't want to be modding configs unless absolutely required, and even then, if it can be modded on the server but not need to be modded on the client, that would be best so as to no need people to be editing the configs on their machines to connect.

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
What would needed to be modded in the CoFH config to get nether Quartz to gen without BoP? I Poked around in the config files and nothing stood out.

Eventually, I'm probably going to open the server up as a whitelist server, and as such, I don't want to be modding configs unless absolutely required, and even then, if it can be modded on the server but not need to be modded on the client, that would be best so as to no need people to be editing the configs on their machines to connect.

I don't know if the config was fixed in the 1.0.2 update, & I know nothing at all about server side, but there are a couple solutions in this thread that work.

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/1-0-1-nether-quartz-not-spawning.54268/

LegendLuna

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Guys,
have a Prob! On our server are some items missing. Like the Conducts, Conduits, and so on..
Also the Refinery doesnt work with RF..
Does s1 have an idea why? Or how to fix?

Ty

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Guys,
have a Prob! On our server are some items missing. Like the Conducts, Conduits, and so on..
Also the Refinery doesnt work with RF..
Does s1 have an idea why? Or how to fix?

Ty
Thermal Expansion conduits are not out for 1.7.10 yet. Ender IO has equivalents. Also, the Refinery should work with RF, as Buildcraft upgraded from MJ with 1.7.10, but I don't have it installed, so cannot test for you.