Direwolf20 1.7.10 Help, Venting and Discussion Thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

CED

Jul 29, 2019
So there are a few bugs that have really been getting to me.
1) If I craft in my 2x2 crafting grid in my inventory I crash
2)Occasionally crafting in a tinkers crafting table causes me to crash
3) NEI freezes and makes me restart my client
4) On my friend's LAN world I died and it wont let me respawn, it just closes my client
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Kwequay

Jul 29, 2019
So there are a few bugs that have really been getting to me.
1) If I craft in my 2x2 crafting grid in my inventory I crash
2)Occasionally crafting in a tinkers crafting table causes me to crash
3) NEI freezes and makes me restart my client
4) On my friend's LAN world I died and it wont let me respawn, it just closes my client
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Have you tried completely deleting everything FTB related, restarting your PC and redownloading?

The NEI bug seems to be caused by double clicking to enter the gold search mode. Doesn't always happen, but seems to always be the cause.

The other issues seem more like a dodgy install

Reactions: CED

CED

Jul 29, 2019
Have you tried completely deleting everything FTB related, restarting your PC and redownloading?

The NEI bug seems to be caused by double clicking to enter the gold search mode. Doesn't always happen, but seems to always be the cause.

The other issues seem more like a dodgy install
Is there an easy way to uninstall it?

Last edited:

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
Just manually updated the half of the pack I use to the latest versions. Launched without crashing, good so far. AE2 energy acceptor is no longer pulling power directly off the tesseract, not good but easily fixed with an energy conduit (cheated in because everything is in the ME system).

Switched back to Journeymap as it has better & easier to use features than the version of Mapwriter in Opis. Will see if I can put up with the extra lag Journeymap may cause.

Installed Galacticraft. I have an overwhelming urge to build a 1x4x9 slab of basalt on the moon.

Update: and now my tesseracts seem to have stopped working. It must be time to give up & watch TV for a while.

Last edited:

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
Just manually updated the half of the pack I use to the latest versions. Launched without crashing, good so far. AE2 energy acceptor is no longer pulling power directly off the tesseract, not good but easily fixed with an energy conduit (cheated in because everything is in the ME system).

Switched back to Journeymap as it has better & easier to use features than the version of Mapwriter in Opis. Will see if I can put up with the extra lag Journeymap may cause.

Installed Galacticraft. I have an overwhelming urge to build a 1x4x9 slab of basalt on the moon.
Glad things working well. I'd strongly recommend installing Zan's Minimap over Journeymap.

Waughoo

Jul 29, 2019
So I've got Fastcraft installed, swapped Journey map for Opis and in still getting really bad lag after playing for like ten minutes. Even when I'm just I'm my void age. It gets really bad when I'm accessing my ae system or crafting. Anything else I should try?

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
So I've got Fastcraft installed, swapped Journey map for Opis and in still getting really bad lag after playing for like ten minutes. Even when I'm just I'm my void age. It gets really bad when I'm accessing my ae system or crafting. Anything else I should try?

How many times are you traveling between dimensions in that 10 min? This may be a memory leak problem with MC 1.7.10 from what I've read. I have to quit & relaunch if I've gone through the nether portal more than a couple times. If it happens when you stay in your void age, you've gone beyond my meager knowledge.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
A lil question about pneumaticcraft (and if I maybe oversee something again ^^")

Is there a way, like in 1.6.4, that you get the right redstone-strength-signal for making an advanced system (up to 20bar) safe?
(as far as I see there is only the "2x Redstone"-gauge, which makes a maximum of 7.5bar in a system)

JayJay-C

Jul 29, 2019
Wondering if someone here could help me with my crash problem. I have been playing the direwolf20 modpack for a week now and havent had any problems until tonight. I can load up the game and be in-game for about a minute before I crash back to launcher with the console message "The state engine was in incorrect state SERVER_STOPPING and forced into state SERVER_STOPPED. Errors may have been discarded." This has happened every time I have loaded up the game tonight so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Specs
Ram: 8gb Total / 4gb reserved for ftb
Java: Java 8
Crash Report: http://pastebin.com/eRxhAcKJ

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
@JayJay-C It would be located in your game save folder. Look in the folder called playerdata. It will be a long string of numbers and letters. Starting in 1.7 they started using a universal ID instead of your player name. I would just add a few characters to the end of the name. That way the game creates a new .dat file. If it doesn't work you can always restore the file you renamed. Keep in mind this process will cause you to loose your inventory as well as other things like thaumcraft research.

JayJay-C

Jul 29, 2019
@JayJay-C It would be located in your game save folder. Look in the folder called playerdata. It will be a long string of numbers and letters. Starting in 1.7 they started using a universal ID instead of your player name. I would just add a few characters to the end of the name. That way the game creates a new .dat file. If it doesn't work you can always restore the file you renamed. Keep in mind this process will cause you to loose your inventory as well as other things like thaumcraft research.
Okay I tried renaming the player.dat file and I also tried removing it completely but I am still getting the same crash.

Waughoo

Jul 29, 2019
I just played over an hour without leaving my void age, zero lag the whole time. So my issue is the dimensional switch memory leak. Now is there a way to fix that?

JayJay-C

Jul 29, 2019
@JayJay-C Ouch.. Well it was worth a try. Not sure what to tell you at this point. The ticking entity problems can be the worst to try and recover from. Do you have a backup?
Yes I forgot that I had made a backup yesterday, so I loaded from that and it seems to be working for now. Just hope it doesn't happen again. Thanks for the help :)

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Jouneymap seems to be causing some latency or tps problems in single player (move the mouse, wait for the player to catch up), so back to Opis.

After updating both EnderIO & TE to their latest versions, it seems that some of the TE machines, including tesseracts, are not accepting power from EnderIO capacitor banks or energy conduits. The TE energy cells seem to be working right. Thankfully, dimensional transceivers can transfer enough power to run the ender quarry. This is where we really start to appreciate the work the FTB team goes to to release & maintain playable packs.