Direwolf20 1.7.10 Help, Venting and Discussion Thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone had any luck getting sulfer or nitor? I'm trying to make some gelled cryotheum and pyrotheum . I'm tried mining around lava, grinding blaze rods for sulfer, no dice. Any ideas?

Sulfur Ore can be found in Extreme Mountains and Extreme Mountains Edge Biomes or hilly biomes if using a biome mod. It is found around layer 10, but only near lava pools.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
sulfer is easy to get... not sure if it is an ore anymore, but you almost get sulfer by grinding up just about anything. The nitor, I've had to explore for exposed ore in deserts...

iceluigi13

Jul 29, 2019
you need a mailbox to send it too cant as in a second person with a mailbox afaik
I have a mailbox, which is the confusing part. Does the mailbox I'm using being owned by me have anything to do with it? It's not just me either, everyone on the server I'm on who has tried hasn't been able to send mail to the trade station despite owning a mailbox.

kleshas

Jul 29, 2019
I'm seeing a 1.0.2 release, but nothing on what has been changed (checked the official modpack changelogs linked at the top of the page). Anyone have any idea?

Reactions: Tankh

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone had any luck getting sulfer or nitor? I'm trying to make some gelled cryotheum and pyrotheum . I'm tried mining around lava, grinding blaze rods for sulfer, no dice. Any ideas?
Niter is found under the sand in a desert as for sulfer i had mine from the aroma mineing world what i installed to keep my overworld tidy with no holes everywere

Zeric

Jul 29, 2019
PneumaticCraft plants are starting to overrun me. Got to the point where I just grabbed my Botania horn and used creative mode+Magnet to just void the local infestation. Any suggestions for a more legit way of preventing this in the future?

CedricB

Jul 29, 2019
PneumaticCraft plants are starting to overrun me. Got to the point where I just grabbed my Botania horn and used creative mode+Magnet to just void the local infestation. Any suggestions for a more legit way of preventing this in the future?
In the PneumaticCraft config file, there's a part that lets you turn off plants spreading.

Baltico

Jul 29, 2019
we setup a new server with 1.0.2, it crash before the world gen anyone else with the same issue?

vps with ws2012r2 4gb ram 2core java7

Skavenger0

Jul 29, 2019
Hi All,

Has anyone else had issues with Golems harvesting oreberries. I have a 9x9 lined with Oreberry. 2 Stonegolems, 1 Harvest and 1 Gather and a chest in the center. The Harvest Golem just ignores the Oreberry completely.

Inngrimsch

Jul 29, 2019
What exactly changed in 1.0.2? still no *patchnotes* and i am only aware of 2config changes from dw20's LP (big reactor and elevator)
I would guess a few updates but nothing new?

Reactions: Tankh

Netherus

Jul 29, 2019
we setup a new server with 1.0.2, it crash before the world gen anyone else with the same issue?

vps with ws2012r2 4gb ram 2core java7
Disable the not enough keys mod in the mods folder. Its a client side mod which got dropped in the server files by accident i think.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I didn't even know 1.0.2 was out already. I wish the launcher would "announce" this fact somehow, instead of keeping the "Recommended" setting at 1.0.1

It seems the only way I ever learn about the even-numbered updates is thru the forums via reading random posts. Now we just need to see that changelog! I sure hope Forge got "rev'ved up" so we can run j8u25 finally...

Here's what I found by examining the mod list in-game... In 1.0.2, Forge is v10.13.2.1231 and I'm trying to find if that's the latest version - okay it was released on Oct 17 which means it is still one month old. And I see Forge Multipart is still listed as v1.1.0.310 which means its the same version as was included in Dire v1.0.1 modpack from October 1 (build 314 is the latest)... and therefore, IMO the j8u20 problems are still included, so noone should update their java at this point. That's a shame.

Update: I did more searching, and found this. Buried in that changelog for Forge Build 1217 is the fix for the j8u20 problems... it's this one: "Fix java 8u20. Closes #501 and a bunch of other bugs too." So that means this issue has been resolved for a long time now - Build 1217 was released way back on September 14th! Pretty confusing, perhaps someone who understands the development of Forge better than I do can comment and confirm? Perhaps this explains why there have been some people who pop up on the forums saying "I'm running j8u25 and Direwolf modpack just fine!"

One last link for anyone following this mess, it might help explain what's going on better than me.

Final update: Add me to the list of those running Direwolf 1.7.10 just fine with j8u25... so my problem (in the future) will only be if I want to go back to an older modpack like Dire 1.6.4 and play one of my saved worlds... those probably won't work and I'll have to install j7 to run them.

Last edited:

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
Yeah, I didn't even know 1.0.2 was out already. I wish the launcher would "announce" this fact somehow, instead of keeping the "Recommended" setting at 1.0.1

It seems the only way I ever learn about the even-numbered updates is thru the forums via reading random posts. Now we just need to see that changelog! I sure hope Forge got "rev'ved up" so we can run j8u25 finally...

Here's what I found by examining the mod list in-game... In 1.0.2, Forge is v10.13.2.1231 and I'm trying to find if that's the latest version - okay it was released on Oct 17 which means it is still one month old. And I see Forge Multipart is still listed as v1.1.0.310 which means its the same version as was included in Dire v1.0.1 modpack from October 1 (build 314 is the latest)... and therefore, IMO the j8u20 problems are still included, so noone should update their java at this point. That's a shame.

Update: I did more searching, and found this. Buried in that changelog for Forge Build 1217 is the fix for the j8u20 problems... it's this one: "Fix java 8u20. Closes #501 and a bunch of other bugs too." So that means this issue has been resolved for a long time now - Build 1217 was released way back on September 14th! Pretty confusing, perhaps someone who understands the development of Forge better than I do can comment and confirm? Perhaps this explains why there have been some people who pop up on the forums saying "I'm running j8u25 and Direwolf modpack just fine!"

One last link for anyone following this mess, it might help explain what's going on better than me.

Final update: Add me to the list of those running Direwolf 1.7.10 just fine with j8u25... so my problem (in the future) will only be if I want to go back to an older modpack like Dire 1.6.4 and play one of my saved worlds... those probably won't work and I'll have to install j7 to run them.
DW and others had been talking about a update for atleast for a week or 2. I think when it slides to recommended, you are notified when you start the modpack that there is an update.

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
Best thing to do about power is to get a 5x5 Big Reactor up as soon as possible since by the time you get it you can forget about power generation for a long while.