Mod Pack: Direwolf20
Mod & Version: Forced updated 1.0.20 Applied Energistics
Pastebin link to crash log: None as not crash
Whats the bug? ME Controler has no face
Can it be repeated? yes
Known Fix: none

Joe Blow

Jul 29, 2019
I've had this exact same bug today on the server I'm running, when updating to 1.0.17. A single chunk right at my base reset and regenerated with terrain that didn't really fit in with the rest of the biome. More chunks could have been affected, but I didn't see any. Reverting back to 1.0.16 and using a backup of the world prior to running 1.0.17 fixed the problem.

I tried copying in the chunk from older backups with mcedit. A 10 day old backup chunk also got replaced with new terrain, but a 30 day old chunk didn't and seemed to worked fine. So it's something I've placed in that chunk during that period, that makes the chunk regenerate, but I'm not sure what.

UPDATE: I've tracked my problem down to a Transfer Node (Extra Utilities) sucking items from an Auto Workbench (BC Factory). Deleting the Transfer Node solves this problem for me. No problems with my other transfer nodes, only the one connected to the auto workbench. The transfer node or auto workbench has probably changed behavior from DW20 1.0.16 -> 1.0.17/18

Found the problem was with Transfer Node (Extra Utilities) and Covers (Forge Microblocks) that are "touching" each other. Make sure the Transfer Node is clear enough from the Covers and it all works fine.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Please help I keep on trying to relaunch and/or redownload. Log: http://pastebin.com/fMfd3NnN
I hate to say this but you will probably have a problem with most of the mod heavy packs like DW20. Your system is windows 7 32 bit with a 32 bit version of java. I suggest you try FTB Lite and add a few mods that you want to play with to that pack. If you really want to play the DW20 pack you will need a 64 bit OS, Java 7 64 bit and 6 to 8 gig of RAM.

1. 2014-04-16 20:21:34 [INFO] [ForgeModLoader] Java is Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM, version 1.6.0_25, running on Windows 7:x86:6.1, installed at C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6

Little_Bambino

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: 1.0.19
Pastebin link to crash log:http://pastebin.com/qkyLaMan
Whats the bug? It seems to be when you mine stone/cobblestone pipes in the nether on a server with an Awakened Ichorium pickaxe it crashes the client.
Can it be repeated? Yes
Known Fix: Not sure, probably not mining the pipe.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Mod & Version: 1.0.19
Pastebin link to crash log:http://pastebin.com/qkyLaMan
Whats the bug? It seems to be when you mine stone/cobblestone pipes in the nether on a server with an Awakened Ichorium pickaxe it crashes the client.
Can it be repeated? Yes
Known Fix: Not sure, probably not mining the pipe.

It would help if you can also post the crash log. From looking at the console log you posted it should be located here:

C:\Users\Ajgambino1999\Desktop\Direwolf20_1_6_4\minecraft\crash-reports\crash-2014-04-18_11.27.37-client.txt

AngelMark

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: 1.0.21
Pastebin link to crash log: None as not crash
Whats the bug?: cant craft Raw Carbon Fibre, Soldering Station doesn't work
Can it be repeated?: yes

Mews

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Direwolf20 1.0.21
Mod & Version: extra utilities 1.0.3a
Pastebin link to crash log: N/A
Whats the bug? The creative upgrade for the transfer node isn't working. It's suppose to prevent the buffer from emptying in the node but it's still emptying
Can it be repeated? yes
Known Fix: N/A
Please someone help me with this i've posted this as a bug at least 3 or 4 times please help

Peter Chu

Jul 29, 2019
Whats the bug? My in-game memory keeps accumulating data, going up and down but each time it goes even higher until my game memory is full and minecraft shutsdown
Tried older version (1.0.20, 1.0.19, 1.0.16) and still the same problem. Tried fixes with the additional java parameter, Tried removing chickenchunks to see if it might be a memory leak but no luck
Can it be repeated? Yes everytime when i load into my world wither old or new freshly create world

Anaerin

Jul 29, 2019
I get a crash when booting things up showing how it can't load textures and it can't access things.
Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/sWSkRKdB
Direwolf 1.6.4
You are running 32-bit Java on a 32-bit operating system. This means that Java cannot allocate more than 1.5GB (Approximately) of RAM. Large modpacks like DireWolf20 require a lot of RAM, generally at least 2GB for Java (4GB total), to run. You need to upgrade your OS to a 64-bit version and install more RAM. Alternatively, try a more lightweight modpack, like FTB Lite.[DOUBLEPOST=1397979057][/DOUBLEPOST]
Whats the bug? My in-game memory keeps accumulating data, going up and down but each time it goes even higher until my game memory is full and minecraft shutsdown
Tried older version (1.0.20, 1.0.19, 1.0.16) and still the same problem. Tried fixes with the additional java parameter, Tried removing chickenchunks to see if it might be a memory leak but no luck
Can it be repeated? Yes everytime when i load into my world wither old or new freshly create world
How much RAM? DW20 is a very memory-heavy modpack as it is.

AngelMark

Jul 29, 2019
Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/X1mbbP3U
full lunch: http://pastebin.com/AUjjNbPd
Whats the bug?: from time to time laggy client, also sometimes modpack crashes or luncher doesnt start properly, some texture pack gives null point exceptions [ cant change texturepack after it ], FTB luncher "loading" window still open after full client lunch
Can it be repeated?: yes

Last edited:

FMZerek

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: Modpack Version 1.0.19
Pastebin link to crash log: Picture: http://imgur.com/Pu2JpIE
Whats the bug? If I place any blocks in the picture above, they disappear if I relog
Can it be repeated? Yes
Known Fix: Unknown

Peter Chu

Jul 29, 2019
You are running 32-bit Java on a 32-bit operating system. This means that Java cannot allocate more than 1.5GB (Approximately) of RAM. Large modpacks like DireWolf20 require a lot of RAM, generally at least 2GB for Java (4GB total), to run. You need to upgrade your OS to a 64-bit version and install more RAM. Alternatively, try a more lightweight modpack, like FTB Lite.[DOUBLEPOST=1397979057][/DOUBLEPOST]
How much RAM? DW20 is a very memory-heavy modpack as it is.
I allocated 2gb of ram.
I heard that i might be a java problem so i tried updating java to the latest java 7.51 and also tried java 8.05 but still no luck on solving the memory problem.
Even if i increase the ram to 4gb it's only stalling it out until the memory accumulation reach max :/

mybluesock

Jul 29, 2019
Modpack: Direwolf20 1.6.4

I'm having two issues:
1. Ghasts drop 2 Ghast Tears every time they die.
2. Copper, Iron, and Tin Oreberries can be combined in a crafting grid, but Aluminum Oreberries still require smelting - I think they should all require smelting.

bagherra

Jul 29, 2019
ModPack: Direwolf20 1.6.4
Mod/Version: appeng-rv14-finale3-mc16x
Pastebin link to crash: no crash
What's the bug?

Similar to the post below, I am having challenges with the AE controller losing connection to its network. Wrenching the controller and replacing it occasionally fixes it until I go to another dimension such as the deep dark, upon returning the ME cable no longer shows as connected to the controller visually and the terminals will not access the system. Logging out and logging in also replicates the bug. The area is chunkloaded using the chicken chunks chunkloader.

Mod Pack: Direwolf20 1.6.4 version 1.0.14
Mod: Applied Energistics
What's the problem? - My applied energistics controller block keeps disconnecting from the rest of the network. Clicking on AE peripherals in such an event leads to the message "Unable to communicate with controller" being shown on the screen. Removing and placing the controller back fixes the problem. The chunk the controller is in is being force loaded by a chunkloader (ChickenChunks). The problem seems to occur whenever I move out of range (or logging out, or moving to a different dimension), wait a bit and then move back. The strange thing is, that I have a AE subnetwork (with the sole purpose of creating charcoal when necessary) that doesn't have this issue. This AE subnetwork is located in a adjacent chunk that is also force loaded by a ChickenChunks chunkloader.

AngelMark

Jul 29, 2019
I allocated 2gb of ram.
I heard that i might be a java problem so i tried updating java to the latest java 7.51 and also tried java 8.05 but still no luck on solving the memory problem.
Even if i increase the ram to 4gb it's only stalling it out until the memory accumulation reach max :/
Direwol20 easy takes up to 3,5 Gb of ram, im troubleshooting some mods as it looks that are creating lags of client [ not server ] will see how it goes

beerhuntor

Jul 29, 2019
Im not sure where to post this. I have downloaded the server files for the DW20 1.0.21 build, and when I go to launch the server, the server is not starting it crashes mid startup and says this in console.

Code:
21.04 03:30:46 [Server] INFO Exception: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError thrown from the UncaughtExceptionHandler in thread "Server thread"
21.04 03:30:43 [Server] INFO Exception: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError thrown from the UncaughtExceptionHandler in thread "Thread-1"
21.04 03:30:36 [Server] SEVERE Skipping event FMLPostInitializationEvent and marking errored mod MineFactoryReloaded|CompatForestryPre since required dependency MineFactoryReloaded has errored
21.04 03:30:36 [Server] INFO Exception: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError thrown from the UncaughtExceptionHandler in thread "Thread-8"
21.04 03:30:30 [Server] SEVERE Skipping event FMLPostInitializationEvent and marking errored mod BuildCraft|Transport since required dependency BuildCraft|Core has errored
21.04 03:30:30 [Server] SEVERE Skipping event FMLPostInitializationEvent and marking errored mod BuildCraft|Factory since required dependency BuildCraft|Core has errored
21.04 03:30:30 [Server] SEVERE Skipping event FMLPostInitializationEvent and marking errored mod BuildCraft|Energy since required dependency BuildCraft|Core has errored
21.04 03:30:30 [Server] SEVERE Skipping event FMLPostInitializationEvent and marking errored mod BuildCraft|Builders since required dependency BuildCraft|Core has errored
21.04 03:30:28 [Server] INFO Submodule bcIntegration not loaded
21.04 03:30:27 [Server] INFO Loading IC2 submodule: bcIntegration
21.04 03:30:27 [Server] SEVERE Skipping event FMLPostInitializationEvent and marking errored mod ThermalExpansion since required dependency ForgeMultipart has errored

Server has 4GB ram and is professionally hosted.

smokeythemonkey

Jul 29, 2019
ModPack: Direwolf20 1.6.4
Mod/Version: appeng-rv14-finale3-mc16x
Pastebin link to crash: no crash
What's the bug?

My AE network no longer displays items that can be craft. I.e. when there is no glass left in the system I can't tell it to craft it anymore, option is not there. Tried resetting the mac, removing cables, removing components etc. went as far as dismantling my entire network and rebuilding it in a different chunk..

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Modpack: Direwolf20 1.6.4

I'm having two issues:
1. Ghasts drop 2 Ghast Tears every time they die.
2. Copper, Iron, and Tin Oreberries can be combined in a crafting grid, but Aluminum Oreberries still require smelting - I think they should all require smelting.

Not sure about the Ghast tears but I think that is the default drop rate in the pack. As for the ore berries they are equivalent to nuggets (which can be crafted) except aluminum which is only used by TiC. So there is no ore dictionary equivalent for it. So this is by design and not a bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.