Unsupported Direwolf 20: 1.6.4 {PUBLIC BETA}

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackdragon555

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Direwolf20 1.0.9. (playing on a server)
Mod & Version: Forestry-A-2.3.1.0
Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/3kz3BSiW
Whats the bug: FTB Crashes to desktop when I try to put dirt in my 4x4 forestry farm. I have hardened leadstone energy conduits giving it power. It also has a intricate circuit board.
Can it be repeated: Yes, it happened 3 times in a row, just by trying to put the dirt into the farm.
Known Fix: None

Arichbum

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Direwolf20 Recommended
Mod & Version: I guess its chicken chunks
Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/bWXQcZDF
Whats the bug? Game randomly closes without warning.
Can it be repeated? Yes. Happens every 2-10 mins
Known Fix: Works fine without crash when I disabled Chicken Chunks mod

Last edited:

CrA2Y123

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Direwolf20 1.0.8 (on a server)
Mod & Version: Thaumcraft 4.0.5b
Pastebin to crash log: N/A
What's the bug: Thaumcraft's Infusion Crafting won't work. I know what you're thinking, that this is one of those stupid posts saying "it doesn't work", and that I overlooked something. I don't think I did. I'm using TC version 4.0.5b and Forge version 9.11.1.953 on a multiplayer Direwolf20 server, with no added or removed mods. In version 1.0.7 of the pack, everything worked fine. But when I updated to 1.0.8 this morning, no infusion recipe would work, and yes, I set it up correctly, had the proper items, essentia, etc., and when I click on it with a wand (I tried full, partially full, and empty wands), The Runic Matrix does absolutely nothing, and the infusion process doesn't begin. The odd part is, while the modpack was updated, TC and even Thaumic Tinkerer were not (I tried infusion recipes from both mods, none of them worked), so I suppose it could be a cross-mod problem. If I did make some stupid mistake, I apologize for wasting your time, but I'm fairly certain this should not be happening.
Can it be repeated?: Yes, my 2 friends on my server and I can.
Known Fix: I broke the whole thing (Multiblock and pedestals), moved it over one block, and changed it from a 8-pedestal to a 12-pedestal setup, and it worked. Hopefully this works for everyone else having this issue.

Last edited:

Tezorian

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Direwolf20 1.0.0 1.6.4
Mod & Version: Applied Energistics

The CPU item intermittently gets disconnected from gold wire. I have to break the CPU and replace both the CPU and gold wire to make it operational again.

Do you happen to have any Deep Storage Units connected?

Tezorian

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Direwolf20 Recommended
Mod & Version: I don't Know.
Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/bWXQcZDF
Whats the bug? Game randomly closes without warning.
Can it be repeated? Yes. Happens every 2-10 mins
Known Fix:

2014-01-03 16:14:54 [INFO] [STDOUT] TConstruct Environment: DO NOT REPORT THIS CRASH! Unsupported mods in environment: optifine
I suggest trying it without optifine.

Reactions: Ashzification

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think it has anything to do with TiC and MC is to laggy for me without optifine.
I think it has something to do with Chicken chunks so I think I will find a different chunk loading mod.
Rule numbers one and two for reporting crashes or bugs:
1. Make sure everything is up to date before reporting.
2. Make sure the issue can be replicated without any modifications at all.

You've broken both of those. Update Java, and remove unnecessary versions (Java 6 , the 32 bit versions) and undo all modifications you've made.

emptyknight

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: Thermal Expansion 3.0.0
Pastebin link to crash log: no crash
Whats the bug? Itemducts (opaque and regular) exhibit strange behavior. Items disappear when they enter the ducts. For example, my Forestry treefarm was outputting wood, apples, and apple oak saplings. After a period of time, only the wood would ever move through the ducts. Saplings and apples would disappear from the treefarm gui, but would not render in the clear itemducts or ever show up in the chest or the barrel. Problem seemed to be exacerbated by loading and unloading chunks, but I was able to get it to happen sometimes even when I hadn't left the chunk. Breaking and replacing all pipes sometimes seems to fix it for a time, other times not. Long itemduct networks with several item types moving through them have the most problems. Short lengths (1 or 2 itemducts) moving a single item type never have problems. Problem also occurred when interacting with vanilla chests, chests from Iron Chests mod, JABBA barrels (yes I tried uninstalling this mod and problem kept occurring). I never noticed a problem with my quarry, possibly because it was chunkloaded? Also, ducts outputting in round robin mode seem to not be able to find more than 2 or 3 inventories to send items to. Trying to feed 4 steam dynamos with charcoal from a chest through round robin mode resulted in the 2 closest (or rarely, 3 closest) receiving charcoal with the remaining dynamo never receiving anything, and the charcoal that would have gone to it sometimes vanished or sometimes popped out of the duct in a random place along its length.
Can it be repeated? Frequently
Known Fix: Don't know... sometimes the ducts work, other times they don't

tl;dr -- itemducts behaving badly

CommanderLoh

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Direwolf20
Mod & Version: MC:1.6.4 DW20: 1.0.8, 1.0.9
Pastebin link to crash log: null
Whats the bug? High RAM usage in Singleplayer. For some unusual reason, and only in Direwolf20. There is an enormous amount of RAM Usage by Minecraft with the modpack. I am currently allocating 4GB for Singleplayer and it is quickly filled to the maximum within minutes. Further more, going to the Start Menu requires 2.5GB of RAM.
Can it be repeated? Indeed
Known Fix: Suspected mod error, possibly Microblocks as there are tonnes of missing texture errors. Microblocks are not stable, request removal in next indev test.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Direwolf20
Mod & Version: MC:1.6.4 DW20: 1.0.8, 1.0.9
Pastebin link to crash log: null
Whats the bug? High RAM usage in Singleplayer. For some unusual reason, and only in Direwolf20. There is an enormous amount of RAM Usage by Minecraft with the modpack. I am currently allocating 4GB for Singleplayer and it is quickly filled to the maximum within minutes. Further more, going to the Start Menu requires 2.5GB of RAM.
Can it be repeated? Indeed
Known Fix: Suspected mod error, possibly Microblocks as there are tonnes of missing texture errors. Microblocks are not stable, request removal in next indev test.

Its not Microblocks. Also missing textures are not the issue. Will do a detailed explanation later.[DOUBLEPOST=1388827372][/DOUBLEPOST]
Mod & Version: Thermal Expansion 3.0.0
Pastebin link to crash log: no crash
Whats the bug? Itemducts (opaque and regular) exhibit strange behavior. Items disappear when they enter the ducts. For example, my Forestry treefarm was outputting wood, apples, and apple oak saplings. After a period of time, only the wood would ever move through the ducts. Saplings and apples would disappear from the treefarm gui, but would not render in the clear itemducts or ever show up in the chest or the barrel. Problem seemed to be exacerbated by loading and unloading chunks, but I was able to get it to happen sometimes even when I hadn't left the chunk. Breaking and replacing all pipes sometimes seems to fix it for a time, other times not. Long itemduct networks with several item types moving through them have the most problems. Short lengths (1 or 2 itemducts) moving a single item type never have problems. Problem also occurred when interacting with vanilla chests, chests from Iron Chests mod, JABBA barrels (yes I tried uninstalling this mod and problem kept occurring). I never noticed a problem with my quarry, possibly because it was chunkloaded? Also, ducts outputting in round robin mode seem to not be able to find more than 2 or 3 inventories to send items to. Trying to feed 4 steam dynamos with charcoal from a chest through round robin mode resulted in the 2 closest (or rarely, 3 closest) receiving charcoal with the remaining dynamo never receiving anything, and the charcoal that would have gone to it sometimes vanished or sometimes popped out of the duct in a random place along its length.
Can it be repeated? Frequently
Known Fix: Don't know... sometimes the ducts work, other times they don't

tl;dr -- itemducts behaving badly

The 1.0.10 update coming out tommorrow should help.

Reactions: Ashzification

Zhorts

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Direwolf20 1.0.10 (also present in 1.0.7 and 1.0.9)
Mod & Version: Buildcraft 4.1.2
Pastebin link to crash log: N/A
Whats the bug? Newly placed buildcraft pipes are invisible to all but the player placing them, unless a block update happens to them (redstone engine being placed adjacent to a wooden pipe causes it to pop up, for example - items passing through does not help). Screenshot - the middle two pipe segments have been replaced during the time I was logged in: http://imgur.com/5XKyzkQ
Can it be repeated? Yes, just repeated it on a fresh out-of-the-box 1.0.10 server
Known Fix: None - but a workaround is to log out and back in again, which causes the pipes to show up again (until someone breaks them again...) Screenshot after relog: http://imgur.com/zUkaOus

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Direwolf20 1.0.10 (also present in 1.0.7 and 1.0.9)
Mod & Version: Buildcraft 4.1.2
Pastebin link to crash log: N/A
Whats the bug? Newly placed buildcraft pipes are invisible to all but the player placing them, unless a block update happens to them (redstone engine being placed adjacent to a wooden pipe causes it to pop up, for example - items passing through does not help). Screenshot - the middle two pipe segments have been replaced during the time I was logged in: http://imgur.com/5XKyzkQ
Can it be repeated? Yes, just repeated it on a fresh out-of-the-box 1.0.10 server
Known Fix: None - but a workaround is to log out and back in again, which causes the pipes to show up again (until someone breaks them again...) Screenshot after relog: http://imgur.com/zUkaOus

Will be fixed when we update BC. Next update cycle.

Eadorimthryth

Jul 29, 2019
when i did that it launched and then instantly went out
I found by the way where to problem was by me. It crashed when the itemducts or fluidducts from thermal expansion had an item in the part where you can white list and pull things out and stuff and you hit it with a wrench, so that the little box went a way. it has an internal storrage i think and minecraft doesn't like it when i made hit it with a wrench and make it go while there are items in there... (that's my theory)

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
i use creeperhost and they say its a problem with the pack

Weird just talked to them... and nope. Only bug thay are aware of is a ticking entity bug in open blocks.

Also thats not a complete log.

Generally speaking creeperhost will say report modpack bugs on the thread anytime a client says "its not working" on a beta pack. Timeout exception CAN be a memory leak. It can also be you attempting to run a pack on lower then the recommended minimum of 3GB of RAM and it can also be a bad internet connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.