DartPatch - MFR Planter/Harvester support for DartCraft

Minalien

Jul 29, 2019
While hanging out on Twitch and talking to Straymav, Bacon_Donut and a couple others, Bacon mentioned that the DartCraft trees don't work in MineFactory Reloaded's Planter and Harvester. So, I went ahead and created this for them.

CurseForge
http://curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/dartpatch

Download
1.6.4 - http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/dartpatch/files/1-dart-patch-2-3/ (CurseForge page is still awaiting approval).

Changelog
DartPatch 2.2 - Rewritten with Scala.

IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING MOD PACKS!
Though I did not open-source the DartPatch mod (and it shouldn't be required for much longer, I believe the DartCraft team is looking into adding MFR support to the mod itself), you are free to use this mod for whatever you like! Public packs, private packs, whatever - as long as you aren't making money off of the mod itself, I don't care. If you are making money (like hiding the individual mod on a mirrored host behind Adfly), then shame on you - you shouldn't do that, and I do not agree to allow you to do that. Seriously, feel free to use it - mods exist so everybody can have fun. Use my mods as you like, just don't make money off of them.

EDIT: INSTRUCTIONS
Just drop this into the mods/ folder, like any other mod.. >.>

This adds support for the Planter, Harvester and Fertilizer for DartCraft's trees. As a warning, I do not use DartCraft. I do not know how overpowered this makes things (though from my understanding DartCraft is already vastly overpowered). Because of DartCraft's tree growth, the fertilizer will instantly grow each tree with one piece of fertilizer. This felt too overpowered even for what I've heard about DartCraft, so I've included an option in the config file to disable the fertilizer support - it's up to you.

Also, this mod is only be required on the server, it doesn't need to be included on the client-side.

Attachments

• DartPatch 1.2.zip
    7.9 KB · Views: 2,871
Last edited:

xDiglett

Jul 29, 2019
Also, this mod should only be required on the server, but I don't have time to set up an FTB Unleashed server to test it on - if anybody could test that, it'd be appreciated.

On Unleashed it won't work if only the server has the plugin installed, you will need it too otherwise it throws an error.

Yeah, only the server needs it. My b.

~Diglett

Reactions: PeggleFrank

Jakja22

Jul 29, 2019
On Unleashed it won't work if only the server has the plugin installed, you will need it too otherwise it throws an error.

~Diglett

On my server we have this plugin installed and it works fine. No errors or anything.

Drawde

Jul 29, 2019
The Harvester doesn't collect the force nuggets that occasionally drop from the leaves, but I didn't expect it to with the way MFR tends to treat other drops.

Other than that, no problems.

Minalien

Jul 29, 2019
The Harvester doesn't collect the force nuggets that occasionally drop from the leaves, but I didn't expect it to with the way MFR tends to treat other drops.

Other than that, no problems.
I wasn't aware they dropped anything else - I don't play DartCraft, not my type of mod. I created this while talking to Straymav and Bacon_Donut on TeamSpeak one night - I'll keep this thread up so that I remember to account for that in the morning.

Minalien

Jul 29, 2019
I've just updated this to DartPatch 1.2. Saplings and Force Nuggets now drop with the same odds as with standard decay/breaking of Force Leaves (1/20 chance for sapling, 1/40 chance for force nugget), and the Shear Leaves option in the harvester now works properly to shear your Force Leaves.

Drawde

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the mod :) . I've been wanting to find out just how broken this does get, as an experiment.

Though I've already found out that fertilizer gets you a ton of logs and saplings quickly. But that would happen with ANY tree in the game.

drago87

Jul 29, 2019
My server keeps crashing after installing this. FTB Unleashed
On a single player world it works fine.

I got ChickenChunks disabled
All exept DeathTimer and Vending Enabled

I've added bspkrsCore with BlockBreaker and TreeCapitator

This is a pastbin of the crash http://pastebin.com/NncMEMZJ

draeath

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like a mod/patch managed to remove a minecraft classfile. That's bad.
"java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Lnet/minecraft/item/EnumRarity"

EDIT: that might be a typo in a mod?

Minalien

Jul 29, 2019
Given that that is a class I never touch, and that the NPE is being thrown from a vanilla class... yes, you probably have a mod of some form that is messing with it.

Revamp1984

Jul 29, 2019
So riddle me this.

Ive got FTB Unleashed 1.1.3 installed on server, no added mods, no MCPC+, no TreeCap no nothing.
And it also throws a hissyfit when booting up the server, same error as above.
Any idea's?

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the mod :) . I've been wanting to find out just how broken this does get, as an experiment.

Though I've already found out that fertilizer gets you a ton of logs and saplings quickly. But that would happen with ANY tree in the game.

I'm curious too. I seriously doubt this should be in the pack though: MFR treefarms are already borderline broken, the only thing going for them is that Steam Boilers are balanced in their material costs. Force engines are WAY too cheap for their power output compared to what else is out there.

Minalien

Jul 29, 2019
It isn't something that is intended to be in the FTB pack - as I said before, this is something that I put together while talking to some friends, and it's out there for those of you who do want it. Honestly, saying that this is "broken" any more than the rest of DartCraft is a little laughable to me, but that doesn't mean some people don't enjoy broken.

I'll look into the issue more when I have a chance, I'm in the process of moving right now.

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
This worked well for me in single player. Of note however, I am using a more recent MFR Beta.