Dartcraft: One of the most overpowered mods of our time

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
You can't make two different arguments and then claim that they are somehow the same thing.

They are the same thing in the part where it breaks the assumptions any other modder WILL make about the game and the packs they will probably in.
- Dungeon loot lists are only found in dungeon chests
- Multiblock tileentities can't just be ripper from the game without firing the proper events

If you don't 'get' that, fine. But don't suddenly take a little bit of my posts, take it out of context, and then blame ME for not knowing you're talking in a more generic context. I was talking specifically about those two things and how that breaks stuff on both a functional and technical level.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
If you don't 'get' that, fine. But don't suddenly take a little bit of my posts, take it out of context, and then blame ME for not knowing you're talking in a more generic context. I was talking specifically about those two things and how that breaks stuff on both a functional and technical level.

The same could be said for you completely misunderstanding my posts and then just insulting my programming ability.

The Force Wrench isn't game-breaking because it breaks assumptions. It's game-breaking because it MAKES assumptions. The Wrench is programmed to work universally for a concept that isn't universal. The code is assuming that any tile entity can be safely picked up without causing trouble instead of having valid targets hardcoded and assuming that anything added by other mods may not be safe to pick up.

schyman

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly, with spoils bags it's quite an easily avoided problem - they could simply give stuff from a set list of stuff and not incorporate the drop lists from other mods.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly, with spoils bags it's quite an easily avoided problem - they could simply give stuff from a set list of stuff and not incorporate the drop lists from other mods.

Like said before: the issue with spoils bags is already 'fixed'. I do hope turtles don't get the bags though, I'm not sure of that.

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
I think you're completely missing the point. I was saying that it's good that automated systems such as the MFR grinder don't work anymore in 1.6. I got 1500 spoils bags from my spawner (I accidently left a pigmen spawner running). Good luck opening 1500 dungeon chests in one evening.

1500 spoils bags != 1500 dungeon chests, spoils bags can pick from blacksmith, starting, stronghold, stronghold library, mineshaft and dungeon chests. So 250 chests, 3 per TC dungeon, thats 84 dungeons. Easely done on an evening. Annyway the argument was about getting the oblivion frames, fly around a mystcraft age for an hour and youll have ~10 frames NP :)

InfamousAsHell

Jul 29, 2019
I was beta-testing some things in Dartcraft for 1.6, and came across a chest... with a loot bag in it. Since it can appear in chests, you might end up with loot bags within loot bags. LOOTCEPTION!
Wait wha? That has got to be a error on Bluedart's behalf..... Looking at the item ids on my mess around world perhaps he was trying to add the magnet gloves to dungeon loot, which now require liquid force to attract ores.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
So 250 chests, 3 per TC dungeon, thats 84 dungeons. Easely done on an evening.

If, and only if, you use Mystcraft to create ages specifically for it. And even then that's stretching it. Mystcraft is another mod that breaks design assumptions, Azinor didn't design for so many barrows popping up. In our servers, rather large, maps we've had 2 and 1 barrows in each map.

You would never, ever, find 125 vanilla dungeons in a single night without direct application of XRay mods.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Lots of mods become OP in combination with other mods. Lots of DartCraft is OP all by itself. :)

That said I love my packs, wrench, and pipes. Feels like those bits add some nice utility without being too imbalanced in a pack environment.

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
what sized MFR spawner do you have to get 1500 bags in a single night anyway...? my cursed earth mobfarm has been going around a week (its a 5x15 with 3 grinders) and so far its at 700ish bags... and this is on an always on server, chunkloaded and infinitely powered.

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
I got 800 nether stars just by using a force wrench, a vanilla skelle dungeon and force armor with the luck effect. The rest? vanilla mechanics and a bit of AFK.

And in vanilla, you can make precisely 800 beacons with that. Which is useful for not much at all.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
what sized MFR spawner do you have to get 1500 bags in a single night anyway...? my cursed earth mobfarm has been going around a week (its a 5x15 with 3 grinders) and so far its at 700ish bags... and this is on an always on server, chunkloaded and infinitely powered.

In an older version of Dartcraft, I got a thousand a day, with only a dozen or so vanilla spawners. Which means they only worked when I was in range.

In the newest 1.5.2 version, I get 200 or so in 24hours with 4 tier5 spawners. Before I had those setup though, a 9x9 cursed earth spawner still got me 10-20 or so a day.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
And in vanilla, you can make precisely 800 beacons with that. Which is useful for not much at all.

you can make some goddamn good looking lamps if I say so myself.

but I never said its overpowered because they are simply useless, since nether stars have 0 uses after the first usual ones, which you don't craft more than once (all portal guns, gravity gun, magnet glove) or don't use them frequently (TiC tools)

Reactions: PeggleFrank

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
what sized MFR spawner

Just a normal single MFR autospawner with pigmen.[DOUBLEPOST=1378626303][/DOUBLEPOST]
1500 spoils bags != 1500 dungeon chests, spoils bags can pick from blacksmith, starting, stronghold, stronghold library, mineshaft and dungeon chests. So 250 chests, 3 per TC dungeon, thats 84 dungeons. Easely done on an evening. Annyway the argument was about getting the oblivion frames, fly around a mystcraft age for an hour and youll have ~10 frames NP :)

Yes, and I have well over a hundred (without even opening those 1500 new bags) without doing anything for them. They're a passive by-effect of the spawner I use the generate mobdrops. That's the point: you don't actually have to do anything for them. Or well; didn't. It's good that it's fixed.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
I'd agree that it's "overpowered" but in the end it's in the Unleashed pack where balance is not an issue.

Reactions: PierceSG
Status
Not open for further replies.