Daihoks 1.12.2 Modpack.

D

Daihok

Well im fixin to finally start doing my Ae2 setup and had a couple of questions. What type of items should i leave in some of my storage drawers? I was reading its better to keep certain types of items elsewhere as to not take up so much space.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Well im fixin to finally start doing my Ae2 setup and had a couple of questions. What type of items should i leave in some of my storage drawers? I was reading its better to keep certain types of items elsewhere as to not take up so much space.
As a general rule, anything you keep in bulk is best kept in storage drawers. Ingots, dusts, mob-drops (heads, flesh,) stuff like that are obvious candidates.

Reactions: Daihok

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
If you have Extra Cells, you can keep your mass-produced items in ME Block Containers. They can only store one item type, but they store up to 524288 of it, the container cells cost not much more than a 1k cell, and you can put ten of them into an ME drive.

Reactions: Daihok

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
If you have Extra Cells, you can keep your mass-produced items in ME Block Containers. They can only store one item type, but they store up to 524288 of it, the container cells cost not much more than an 1k cell, and you can put ten of them into an ME drive.
I didnt know this was a thing. But if I'm reading right, this is still 1 channel for 10 mass-storages, correct?
Whereas with the Storage Drawers controller he can get dozens of mass-storages on a single channel (not necessarily "as massive" storage, but usually sufficient)

D

Daihok

Awesome thanks for help from both of you. I am sure you have read in some of my other threads im not great with Ae2. So this is definately a learning process. I am actually trying to figure out to do videos with the replay mod. I mean i made the video just to show progress and stuff but cant figure out how to convert the video so i can upload to youtube.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I didnt know this was a thing. But if I'm reading right, this is still 1 channel for 10 mass-storages, correct?
Whereas with the Storage Drawers controller he can get dozens of mass-storages on a single channel (not necessarily "as massive" storage, but usually sufficient)
One channel per 10 mass-produced items? Cheap compared to the physical space taken up by 10 times the number of drawers, even more so if you prefer a high-tech appearance.

@Daihok :
I can provide a schematic for a 512-channel controller setup if you want.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
One channel per 10 mass-produced items? Cheap compared to the physical space taken up by 10 times the number of drawers, even more so if you prefer a high-tech appearance.
I'll give you the high-tech appearance, but I'll dispute the cost. Physical space is dirt-cheap imo compared to channel logistics. Even as simple as channels are, they're still comparitively more expensive than square footage.

Also: Drawers can hold up to 4 different types (at the cost of mass storage potential)

fwiw, I'll counter-argue myself and say that storage drawers are also a bit cheezy with AE2.

D

Daihok

Well small update I ended up corrupting my world. I had backups but was new mod added to 1.12.2 that I really wanted to add. Ice and Fire! I mean who doesnt love Dragons, Cyclops, Hippogryphs, and Pixies. Also I downloaded OBS and kinda wanting to do play through just not sure how to edit out boring stuff yet. Have already done alot of basics Like mining for resources and got few machines up and running. No real base started yet though. Also I am not a very good public speaker. I guess i could just do some videos with music maybe not sure yet.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Well small update I ended up corrupting my world. I had backups but was new mod added to 1.12.2 that I really wanted to add. Ice and Fire! I mean who doesnt love Dragons, Cyclops, Hippogryphs, and Pixies. Also I downloaded OBS and kinda wanting to do play through just not sure how to edit out boring stuff yet. Have already done alot of basics Like mining for resources and got few machines up and running. No real base started yet though. Also I am not a very good public speaker. I guess i could just do some videos with music maybe not sure yet.
Oh no! :( Hopefully over time that will be more stable and work better. Fingers crossed!

D

Daihok

Ehh like i said it was ok might even had been destiny. Cause the fire and Ice mod adds world gen stuff anyhow and also dont know how to add in new mods which create world gen into already made world. Im gettin there in the new world though . Everything is a mess right now lol. Trying to get some power gen going. Nothing really to show yet though since dont even have proper base yet. Most all my machines sitting outside and Just started digging into the mountain.

D

Daihok

I seem to be having a problem with my ranged pump in the nether. It keeps wanting to pump liquid glowstone out of the nether thus interrupting my power production. Is there any way to filter this or avoid this?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I seem to be having a problem with my ranged pump in the nether. It keeps wanting to pump liquid glowstone out of the nether thus interrupting my power production. Is there any way to filter this or avoid this?
Unfortunately, that's a natural byproduct of one of the mods generating pools of the stuff. I believe its the Thermal Foundation.

Speaking of that, that's probably your simplest solution - using hardened fluiducts, and having them T-shape off so one side goes to your ender tank (with a filter with lava whitelisted attached) and the other goes to an ExU2 fluid trashcan, or a separate Ender Tank if you want to return it to your base separately and do something with it there.