Daihoks 1.12.2 Modpack.

D

Daihok

Yea but wierd thing is. It doesnt do it in any of the Traverse biomes , which adds alot of wooded biomes or any of the taiga biomes. Only Vanilla forest/birch/jungle.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Is this the part i need to change in advanced rocketry config?

# If true the machines from AdvancedRocketry will produce things like plates/rods for other mods even if Advanced Rocketry itself does not use the material (This can increase load time)
B:makeMaterialsForOtherMods=true
Nope.

I actually just poked around the configs a bit and I don't see a general override config option, so its plausible I'm misremembering that part. Try adjusting machine configs and see if you have luck.

D

Daihok

Yea im not sure if the machine config will actually do anything though, because for the steel recipe itself all ya have to do is stick an iron ingot in any kind of furnace, even vanilla, and will give ya steel ingot.

Edit: I guess i could just not even mess with the recipes and Just force myself not to produce steel with either, Then just make myself use blast furnace from IE to make steel.

D

Daihok

That's common consider in high foliage biomes, there's a lot more blocks forcing your computer to re-render a lot more blocks.

I figured out the problem with this. I dont know why but it had something to do with the texture pack i put together. Did some tweaking to it though and it seem to have fixed the issue. Wierd that just a few things off with textures could do that. It also improved FPS by about 15 to 20fps

D

Daihok

Would Integrated Dynamics and Tunnels add anything to my pack that i cant already do?

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
Could always disable channels id that's your cup of tea. Makes it easier. There are things I love about both mods. But the 1 thing I hate about AE is hell a necessarily hard it is for inexperienced players.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I should have done this awhile back but here it is. This will be the thread i ask questions about Mods and changes ect, instead of creating new threads I have questions for. This is the pack as it stand right now. Its getting pretty tight knit but still feel like its missing something. So if anyone has any suggestions, thoughts or think something should be changed to make the pack better, please let me know I am all ears. The pack itself is starting to develope a theme and story based around the Vampirism Mod.

https://www.modlister.com/user/Daihok
Wow, that's a giant pack you're putting together. I almost feel bad to suggest adding yet another mod, but I think Chisel would be good to have. Also, I'm delighted to see that apparently Extra Cells has made it to 1.12. Without it, I always feel AE2 is missing a significant aspect of storage and autocrafting functionality.

As for theme and story, I'm wondering how that will fit in with all the tech mods. Things like Environmental Tech's Nanobot beacon appear detrimental to a Vampirism-themed pack, though admittedly for me personally, the absence of that would be a major downside.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Wow, that's a giant pack you're putting together. I almost feel bad to suggest adding yet another mod, but I think Chisel would be good to have. Also, I'm delighted to see that apparently Extra Cells has made it to 1.12. Without it, I always feel AE2 is missing a significant aspect of storage and autocrafting functionality.

As for theme and story, I'm wondering how that will fit in with all the tech mods. Things like Environmental Tech's Nanobot beacon appear detrimental to a Vampirism-themed pack, though admittedly for me personally, the absence of that would be a major downside.
I must admit, I used to think Chisel was a bit of an unnecessary padding out of blocks, but having used it a lot in Regrowth, its one I'd always add now unless it was causing me problems, because it really does open up a plethora of decorative options. If I had to choose between that and Chisels & Bits for some reason, I'd be hard pressed not to choose Chisel.

Likewise, if its working well with 1.12's AE2, Extra Cells sounds like a must. Is it just me, or is RS increasingly seeming like its a bit buggy? I keep seeing things on DW20's series, and hearing stories about lag when dealing with crafters and such.

D

Daihok

As for the Tech fitting with the theme and story. Thats easy. I am a big city Scientist/Engineer who inherited some land like say romania for example. So will start off with old Style classical little romanian village. As for the tech I brought the tech with me in which I will become a Mad scientist. Eventually choosing either Hunter or Vampire route.

As far as chisel goes I just have never been a big fan of the textures some are ok but eh.I put together my own texture pack and so alot of the textures from chisel doesnt fit alot of the times. Perhaps if there was a texture pack for chisel that made textures 64x and 128x would be better. I am also still debating about integrated Dynamics and Tunnels. Thats really the only thing else I think. Then perhaps the pack will be done. Oh and still trying to figure out the dang craft tweaker.

Last edited:
D

Daihok

Ok so after much though went ahead and just added in Integrated dynamics and Tunnels. Also added in chisel. I still feel like though the pack is missing some eeriness or creepy factor. I want flocks of crows and ravens lol.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Ok so after much though went ahead and just added in Integrated dynamics and Tunnels. Also added in chisel. I still feel like though the pack is missing some eeriness or creepy factor. I want flocks of crows and ravens lol.
That's one thing that would be nice. Some atmospheric sounds and visuals, to give an eerie feel. It would be nice if there was a mod that did that. I always liked the "misty" effect you got in Thaumcraft 4 when the eldritch guardians spawned. Perhaps something that added an echo or dripping water when you're in caves (I think something like that is around). But yes - even if they were just a visual effect, flocks of black birds that scatter when you go near them, cawing at you.

D

Daihok

Yup I think the pack is just about ready. I think now its just matter of finding the right seed i want. The performance of the pack is great. So far no TPS or FPS lag at all, seem to stay around 150+ fps except jungle but even its at 120 fps. Since i fixed my little texture problem no block lag.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Yup I think the pack is just about ready. I think now its just matter of finding the right seed i want. The performance of the pack is great. So far no TPS or FPS lag at all, seem to stay around 150+ fps except jungle but even its at 120 fps. Since i fixed my little texture problem no block lag.

I think I missed the part where you say what version of MC this pack is for.

If it's 1.12 I just spawned in a world with nice plains and a village near by spawn (can see in Minimap when first popping in): Vanilla Seed = 872435397 (No BoP)

Last edited:
D

Daihok

Yea have traverse instead of BoP. Going for some autumn wood next to some darkland Mountains from abyssal craft. Should fit the theme of the pack really good. Will build village in autumn woods and then of course have a cathedral like castle eventually up in the darkland mountains. Thats the plan anyhow. I have found few potential seeds they just feel like they missing something.

Last edited:
D

Daihok

Ok i have found my Seed. Let the Adventures Begin!!

Is there any way for me to get this thread moved to community showcase? I may post pics and stuff along the way. Showing progress and what not.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Ok i have found my Seed. Let the Adventures Begin!!

Is there any way for me to get this thread moved to community showcase? I may post pics and stuff along the way. Showing progress and what not.

Share?

D

Daihok

Hmm also had a question. Is there a way for me to set my spawn to my corrds of where i am starting at? I mean i know a bed can do it, but I mean like it will be world spawn point?