Daihoks 1.12.2 Modpack.

D

Daihok

I should have done this awhile back but here it is. This will be the thread i ask questions about Mods and changes ect, instead of creating new threads I have questions for. This is the pack as it stand right now. Its getting pretty tight knit but still feel like its missing something. So if anyone has any suggestions, thoughts or think something should be changed to make the pack better, please let me know I am all ears. The pack itself is starting to develope a theme and story based around the Vampirism Mod.

https://www.modlister.com/user/Daihok

D

Daihok

Lol. Yea im still actually trying to learn it in my test world. Its definately alot more complicated then RS for sure.

D

Daihok

Havent added it yet but considering it. Huge learning curve compared to RS.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Havent added it yet but considering it. Huge learning curve compared to RS.
Yeah honestly I'm just tweaking Nuclear_Creeper's nose a bit.

If you're making a pack for yourself and you're not super-experienced with modded minecraft to begin with, RS makes tons of sense. AE2 is, ahem, for advanced players.

Reactions: Daihok
D

Daihok

Yea but he did get me to thinking I will never fully learn to be honest if I dont quit using RS. So now im thinking of removing RS completely and force myself to use AE2. Should i find im not enjoying it, it would not be hard to add back in RS since really there is no world gen for RS. So yea now pack is updated again lol. Also i have noticed most of the experiences Mcers i have seen always prefer AE2 over RS. Guess its time i find out why.

Last edited:

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
I don't know if I would say "prefer".

A lot of folks on here enjoy the extra challenge that channels in AE2 give them, but also hate the RNG worldgen stuff.

RS just works. AE2 takes a bit more planning, and gaming the system to make the ultimate storage/crafting machine.

I subscribe to DW20's approach and use both. Add in phantom faces and you can do anything!

D

Daihok

A lot of folks on here enjoy the extra challenge that channels in AE2 give them

Think thats what get me confused alot. I still dont really understand the whole channel thing. I mean with RS its so easy you basically have only 1 type of pipe. All that being said though thats kinda what this pack is about for me is doing alot, not everything, but alot of things differently and do things that are new.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Other than the whole inscriber press RNG hunt, the world gen isn’t too much of an issue with AE2. The channels are also something you’ll pick up rather fast once you get used to limiting things to eight items per cable IIRC until you hit controllers. I’ve never played with RS so I can’t really compare to it, but I haven’t had too many difficulties getting back into AE2 after being away from it for probably a year or so.

Reactions: Pyure and Daihok
D

Daihok

Hmm now I am also kinda question having Steve's Carts, extra rails and Rails+ Im not sure they are really needed in the pack.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Other than the whole inscriber press RNG hunt, the world gen isn’t too much of an issue with AE2. The channels are also something you’ll pick up rather fast once you get used to limiting things to eight items per cable IIRC until you hit controllers. I’ve never played with RS so I can’t really compare to it, but I haven’t had too many difficulties getting back into AE2 after being away from it for probably a year or so.
Some packs also just get around the annoying RNG hunt by providing other ways to get those inscribers, which is a simple solution for those player bases that dislike it.

Reactions: Ieldra and Padfoote
D

Daihok

Question. Have any of you guys ever used crafttweaker at all? I am looking to either change mekanism steel recipe or just remove it all together. Looks like i may have to change advanced rocketry recipe for steel as well.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
Some packs also just get around the annoying RNG hunt by providing other ways to get those inscribers, which is a simple solution for those player bases that dislike it.
I did find something like that in All the Mods 3? You need to find 1 meteor and use the skystone dust from the skystone to make the rest of the presses.
For the people that like it. You can go hunting, for those who don't, find one and your done.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Question. Have any of you guys ever used crafttweaker at all? I am looking to either change mekanism steel recipe or just remove it all together. Looks like i may have to change advanced rocketry recipe for steel as well.
It’s not too complex, give this a look:

https://crafttweaker.readthedocs.io/en/latest/

Adding recipes is more complicated than removal, but examples are given, and i’m pretty sure mekanism has its own tab - either in the main section or the modtweaker subsection.

Certain things also have to be done in a given order. It might be hard to learn, but I think you may find it a worthwhile effort - i’m planning to become much more familiar with it too!

Reactions: Daihok

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
fwiw, iirc Advanced Rocketry has its own recipe-adjusting mechanism. You don't need craft tweaker for it at all, you can just adjust its config files to add/remove recipes.

I believe there's also a single config item you need to turn on or off in order to say "use customized recipes".

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
fwiw, iirc Advanced Rocketry has its own recipe-adjusting mechanism. You don't need craft tweaker for it at all, you can just adjust its config files to add/remove recipes.

I believe there's also a single config item you need to turn on or off in order to say "use customized recipes".
Damn that mod is cool. It’s rapidly becoming something I’d love to have a go with.

D

Daihok

Is this the part i need to change in advanced rocketry config?

# If true the machines from AdvancedRocketry will produce things like plates/rods for other mods even if Advanced Rocketry itself does not use the material (This can increase load time)
B:makeMaterialsForOtherMods=true

D

Daihok

Well I have run into a problem. TP and FPS are great but something have added or changed now causes my fps to drop dramitcally when i start to dig in certain biomes, all forested area including jungle. fps will drop from about 140 to 25 or less when i start to dig dirt or whatever. I checked memory its not even peaking out or anything. So yea not sure what is causing it.

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
Well I have run into a problem. TP and FPS are great but something have added or changed now causes my fps to drop dramitcally when i start to dig in certain biomes, all forested area including jungle. fps will drop from about 140 to 25 or less when i start to dig dirt or whatever. I checked memory its not even peaking out or anything. So yea not sure what is causing it.
That's common consider in high foliage biomes, there's a lot more blocks forcing your computer to re-render a lot more blocks.