Creating New FTB Team: Positions Open

FPheadshot

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumcraft

Quest Title:
Discovering your cupboard under the stairs.

Description:
To get started with the arts of magic, you will need to create
your very first wand.

Instructions:
Make 2 iron caps from 5 nuggets each. these seem to have
some magical potential in them. Once created, use these caps
to craft a weak, yet useful wand.

Step:
Manual detect:
iron capped wooden wand

Requirement for step:
Craft:
2 iron caps, 1 stick.

Further Steps:
Craft:
iron capped wooden wand

Reward: Bookshelf, 3 tables.

Reactions: JPING97

nikkoWolf101

Jul 29, 2019
Quest Title: Don't Blink
Description: Don't blink. Blink and you're dead. They are fast. Faster than you can believe. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink. Good Luck.
Instructions: (Use the book to manually submit)
Step 1: Kill Weeping Angels until you get a statue... (It might take a while)
Requirement for step: Submit One Weeping Angel Statue
Further Steps: N/A
Reward: 2 Weeping Angel Statues + A Fully Charged Silverwood Wand / A Better Staff (I think this is fair because the Weeping Angels are really quite rare)

Reactions: Noromical

xDeadlyLoneWolfx

Jul 29, 2019
Quest Title: Botania.
Description: The power of the Pure Daisy.
Instructions: Create and Harness the power of a Pure Daisy.
Step: 1. Create a Pure Daisy with the Petal Apothecary. 2. Use the Pure Daisy to make Living Wood. 3. Use the Pure Daisy to make Living Rock.
Requirement for step: Petal Apothecary, 4 Mystical White Petals, Seeds.
Further Steps: Use the Living Wood and Rock to make altars or wands.
Reward: 16 Living Wood, 16 Living Rock.

Sezrs

Jul 29, 2019
Quest Title: Botanical Power
Description: You've noticed that several flowers seem to hold some form of magical energy. You believe you could find a use for them, but the few times you've tried working with them the complexity of their magic overwhelmed you. Perhaps if you studied a simpler plant thoroughly it would be easier to understand the more complex plants filled with magic.
Instructions: (crafting task)
Step: Craft a Lexica Botania with a sapling and a book.
Requirement for step: Craft a Lexica Botania
Further Steps: N/A
Reward: 1 basic reward bag, 1 pestle and mortar, and 1 petal apothecary

Beanxxbot

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Jaded, been a part of this community for a long while. Kinda a dream to even help out the FTB team, even a little. I love to write well developed quests, would love to help! If I don't get it, let me know how to improve! My knowledge of mods is very extensive, and I have written some quests before and also messed with MineTweaker and ModTweaker for an upcoming hardcore modpack I'm working on, so I have some experience with those as well! Do hope you enjoy!

Quest Title:
The Power of Reading

Description:
Something very important in the Mage Guild is reading. If it weren't for all those books in our library we wouldn't know so much after all. I mean for goodness sake, you're reading a book right now! Within a certain section in our library, we found these books with blue bands and different colored seals, and when we opened the books, we saw different kinds of incantations. But when we read them aloud, nothing happened. We felt something, but it was like we didn't have enough power to continue. Researched showed us that we needed to move into the nether, and fine some Mana Crystal Sources. When mined, this gave us Mana Crystals. When we combined the Mana Crystals with an apple, which happened as a research mage was having lunch, they turned into a Crystalline Apple. When eaten, the apple gave them 2 Mana. Suddenly, the incantations in the book began to work, and as we ate more Crystalline Apples, more incantations worked. Our research also showed us that these books could only be dropped by monsters, and that there was no other way to craft them.

Steps:
1: Finding the Crystals
Instructions:
Head to the Nether and find some Mana Crystal Sources. Mine these, and you will get Mana Crystals. These will be used to create the Apples that we need in order to gain our first doses of Mana.
Requirements: Manual Detect 8 Mana Crystals

2: Craft a Crystalline Apple
Instructions:
Next, craft a Crystalline Apple, and eat it. If you notice, above your armor bar, there will now be a five tipped star, which will fill up with Mana!
Requirements: Craft a Crystalline Apple.

Reward:
1x Blazefire I
Choose: 2x Crystalline Apples
or 2x Potions of Mana (Instant Mana 1)

Last edited:

Kurt Midas

Jul 29, 2019
Prerequisite: alternate recipes preventing the player from progressing into <Magic Mod> without retrieving a specific item. An example would be altering wand recipes so they can only be made at an Arcane Workbench, which can't be made without a wand. The below example assumes a recipe for the blood altar block which requires a "bloody core" that can only be found or made with a blood altar.

Quest Title: Let's not do that again
Description: WHAT WAS THAT PLACE?! Blood dripping down the walls, monsters around every turn, and your gun barely scratched whatever the hell that thing was. Hardly a surprise the facility was in such bad shape if THAT was on the other side of the portal. It almost feels like magic: some kinda blood magic. Your fingers tingle when you touch the core, as though it wants some of yours. Well why the hell not, you're not exactly sane anymore anyways.
Steps: Craft a Blood Altar and Orb of Sacrifice.

Some time later...
Quest Title: Blood for the Blood Altar!
Description: You're having a hard time keeping the altar full with your own blood, even with the regeneration magic you've been able to transform your own blood into. You need more. If you could bring some villagers close to the altar and sacrifice them somehow, you'd probably be able to use their blood instead. You probably should feel guilty at the thought, but you're far beyond that. There's a line that shouldn't have been crossed and you clearly crossed it, so why not keep going and see what happens?
Steps: Craft a Dagger of Sacrifice and kill five villagers

Also your thought earlier was accurate. Don't care.

Deimosimpact

Jul 29, 2019
Quest Title: Don't Blink
Description: Take out some Weeping Angels
Instructions: Find some weeping angels, then kill them with a iron (or better) texture pack. You will need to collect two weeping angel statues.
Step:Collect two weeping angel statues
Requirement for step:Have two weeping angel statues in inventory at one time.
Reward: "Sharpness IV iron pickaxe" or a "Good Reward Bag"
Note: It would possibly be a diamond pickaxe instead of an iron pickaxe, depending on how far through the game the player is expected to have progressed by the time that they get access to this quest.

shadow_sky1377

Jul 29, 2019
Mod: Villager's nose
Quest Title: I got your nose!
Description:
Villagers always seem to have emeralds… I wonder if it has something to do with their noses
Instructions:
Use the book to manually submit a villager nose and then craft a block of emerald
Step: Get a villager nose
Requirement for step:
n/a
Further Steps:
Craft an emerald block
Reward: Villager nose

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Last edited:

CourierSC

Jul 29, 2019
Good game guys, congrats. I'll be looking forward to seeing your guys' work in the new pack.

And @Wally , I truly did find your rendition of the concept we shared quite enjoyable, power to you man.

Reactions: Ranakel and Wally