Crafting recipes that you hate

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

khorozm

Jul 29, 2019
I hate crafting in general :p
that's why i set up a lot of requested auto crafting system (AE and log pipes)
the recipes that i really hate:
1. BC gears (especially the higher tier ones)
2. Electronic circuit (always underestimated the number of copper cables needed)
3. every recipe that involves odd number of planks or sticks

nevakanezah

Jul 29, 2019
Electronic circuits. Because you have to make the components a trillion times.
Oh, and timers, because they only need two out of the three anodes that you make per crafting.

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
None, since I became an AE addict; for anything that I know I'll be making more then a couple of I just make a pattern. That said, making AE 64k storage units are a bit of a pain.

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
I dislike the recipes for the IDESU, UHSP, HPoS, UCA, AMC, WTF, EAAIRU, MBTFCs, and ETLs.

Y'know what? I should make a forum game out of this!

tatopolos

Jul 29, 2019
pretty easy with fabricator
fabricator has 9 slots any way.. you you need to make some automation there . no difference with a classic autocrafting tables and some redstone engines.. may be just the speed.

AE and logistic pipes, take it to the next level

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
Anything that requires an advanced machine block that I can't replace with a steel hull. (MFSUs I'm looking at you.)

CodaPDX

Jul 29, 2019
Pistons, IC2 circuits, BC gears, and overclockers are the worst offenders, but RP2 block breakers are in the running, too. AE recipes aren't too bad, though, since one of the first things I want to do when I start getting into AE is set up an autocrafting chamber. Once you make a pattern for blank patterns, you've basically bootstrapped yourself into never having to manually craft anything more than once ever again.

Gravi chestplate (crafting for dayz!) and Gregtech's recipie for the base Modular Power Suit pieces.

Ugh, those Ion Thrusters are simply brutal.

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
For me it's when I check to see how to make bronze or brass or invar and nei goes stupid on me and doesn't tell me how to make it or in what. And then there's the greg-tech stuff calling for titanium ... which I had to cheat in a damn electrolizer and click on it's internal recipe list and go hunting for how to make it ... bauxite?!?!? Sigh. Fine. Whatever. Guess I gotta go mining for that so I can make me a darn drill now. :p

biomirth

Jul 29, 2019
Anything I don't have a project table plan in place for that I end up using over and over.

I love circuits because so many GT recipes let you bypass them: IN YO FACE circuits! I have Autarchic Gates and Pulsating Chipsets! I smile at the circuit project table every time I neglect it :)

Reactions: ApSciLiara