Collected Guides Thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Excalibur42

Jul 29, 2019
I think it'd be great if added to the list were some good tutorials on how to setup simple and complex power generation systems for main mods such as Buildcraft, IndustrialCraft2 and Forestry. They usually sum up the basics really well that is otherwise spread throughout numerous wiki pages and forums which I know when I was a newb myself was bloody difficult to get my head around.

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
I, personally, would love a list of the default "hidden" function keys in FtB (i.e. the Portal Gun's "grab block" key is G, X fills the screen with Rei's Minimap, etc.).

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
Feel like throwing some server setup guides in here? I'm trying to find one for the magic world right now.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
So, what's the names of the scripts that have to be whitelisted past my security for your site to work shneekey?
Wait, what? It never asked me to run any scripts. I'm just using blog.com.

Then again, I'm running Firefox with ABP, so most of that kind of stuff never hits my awareness, since it gets auto-blocked. Deny any scripts, and it should run just fine.

In other news, Buildcraft guide is out.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Here is a guide which contains an extensive amount of information about generating MJ power, starting with 'I just made my first base, now what' and ending with 'liquiduct pipes sending steam all over the place'. I think I covered every engine which produces MJ from every mod I have encountered so far. Let me know if I missed any.

DanteGalileo

Jul 29, 2019
I've started my own blog where I will be posting future guides I write. For example, my Forestry guide. I will also be submitting them to the wiki people, in case they should want anything from them.

Gotta say... Loving your blog, man. Nice for work as watching YouTube vids on my phone would be pretty frowned upon. Keep up the good work.

Katrinya

Jul 29, 2019
Here is a guide which contains an extensive amount of information about generating MJ power, starting with 'I just made my first base, now what' and ending with 'liquiduct pipes sending steam all over the place'. I think I covered every engine which produces MJ from every mod I have encountered so far. Let me know if I missed any.

Your blog contains several very helpful and well-written guides; thank you for that. I was hoping I could persuade you to write similar guides for MFFS and (especially) Gregtech. I find MFFS confusing and just can't make heads or tails of Gregtech.

I tried to make the same suggestion by commenting on your blog btw, but it doesn't seem to have gone through. Sorry if you end up with a double request.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Your blog contains several very helpful and well-written guides; thank you for that. I was hoping I could persuade you to write similar guides for MFFS and (especially) Gregtech. I find MFFS confusing and just can't make heads or tails of Gregtech.

I tried to make the same suggestion by commenting on your blog btw, but it doesn't seem to have gone through. Sorry if you end up with a double request.
No worries. Once I get done with RP2, which is turning out to be a beastly guide (since it has about as much stuff in it to go over as all of the previous guides *combined*), those will be the next two I go for.

Update: Redpower for Newbies is up! I'll get to work on MFFS and Gregtech once RL allows me the time.

Reactions: Katrinya

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Okay shneekey, you've gotten a recommendation, that's all I was hoping to see, course now I really don't know where to file you, got any ideas?
A recommendation for what? I mean, eventually I'm going to be youtubing, once I take care of some RL matters, but for now, I'm just a guide writer.

(note, looks like I'm short petroleum generator, wonder just what version/thread THAT one is, worst case I wait for dire to show off a recipe of it then use that to confirm... or just grab it and check it's creator ref)
If you mean this one, I don't think it's in the DW20 pack

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
I saw it listed in one of the packs (must have been mindcrack to go with the traincraft)
I didn't mean to ask "do you have a recommendation?" I pointed out that somebody DID recommend yours, and your work surely qualifies, I just don't know where to put your site in the guide. I am without clue.
Ahh. Umm... hmmm....

You can list my Blog as an Additional Resource, and link specific blogs as guides for specific mods (So far, I've got BC, IC2, Forestry, TE you already have... several others)

Status
Not open for further replies.