COFH World Generation User's Manual

SirChamomile

Jul 29, 2019
I just found this gem. It might take me a while to decode it though: http://paste.kde.org/ppouppnyo

It's a tweet from Skyboy from September.

EDIT: I don't know how or why it works, but it works.

EDIT EDIT: It reads it but I can't actually get it to generate anything with this.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: I had idiotic syntax errors

The code I finally got to work is below, but it seems like the rarity is some scale that I can't figure out. I've had to generate multiple test worlds and void the dirt/stone/gravel to find the veins. They are pretty though. I used the Quartz because it's shiny with the shaders on and easy to spot.

Code:
{
    "testQuartz": {
        "template": {"type": "fractal", "generator": "large-vein", "sparse": false},
        "block": "appliedenergistics2:tile.OreQuartzCharged",
        "clusterSize": 16,
        "numClusters": 5,
        "chunkChance": 80,
        "minHeight": 20,
        "veinHeight": 24,
        "veinDiameter": 65,
        "verticalDensity": 15,
        "horizontalDensity": 15,
        "retrogen": "true",
        "biomeRestriction": "none",
        "biomes": [
            "all"
        ],
        "dimensionRestriction": "blacklist",
        "dimensions": [
        ]
    }
}

My Small Veins

S98jdip.jpg

Iron Ore code from Sky Boy's tweet

v6wFRrV.jpg

View at night to see distribution. Note the absence of any charged quartz in the hole up and to the right. If I wasn't scared for my computer's well being I'd try to delete something like 40 x 40 chunks and see if I could find another 'node' of this, but I don't know if I'd find one.

8ip4XxH.jpg

Last edited:

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Not sure, but I think the new world gen is conflicting with another mod, causing CTD. Just seems suspect that the only set of mods I updated were the teamcofh ones, and now my pack crashes in new chunks. Crash seems to indicate it's the great wall/city generator mod throwing a fit.

glacierflame

Jul 29, 2019
Great find @SirChamomile!

chunkChance seems to be something like 1 spawn per n chunks - the lower the number the more spawns there are.
minHeight seems to be the lowest the center of the ore 'cloud' will be?
veinHeight and Diameter are the outer limits of the cloud; Height may be radius?
the Densities are how tightly packed the cloud is; I don't know how that relates to everything else, since my tests were not exactly thorough...

A day or so of messing around trying to figure it out (and not being able to and feeling dumb) wasn't very motivating.

Zilch. Their website briefly mentions Fractal. Makes me sad, sounds like there are some good things that I can play with.
This. Even just giving a link to that paste would've been better than nothing...

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Great find @SirChamomile!

chunkChance seems to be something like 1 spawn per n chunks - the lower the number the more spawns there are.

Actually, it means the chance to spawn on the chunk. The cluster will have 1/n chance of spawning being 'n' the number you indicated.

There is no verification if other clusters have been spawned near or even on the same chunk.

With a bad RNG luck, you could have it spawning multiple times even with a high number.

Sent from my CUBOT ONE using Tapatalk

SirChamomile

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, it means the chance to spawn on the chunk. The cluster will have 1/n chance of spawning being 'n' the number you indicated.

This makes a lot of sense, certainly from all of the tests that I ran. I definitely knew that a lower chunkChance number meant more common, I was just thrown off by why Skyboy had such large numbers. I never plugged in that whole config to test because it had the biome restrictions and I didn't want to worry about it. The results probably mimic the kind of ore-spawning found in Terrafirmacraft - though from my experience they aren't so rare.

In any case, I'm looking forward to attempting to replace my oregen with veins instead of clusters. The small veins that I did find when I was experimenting were perfect.

On another note, it seems to me like these feature generation options are as much for users and pack makers as they are for mod authors. I imagine that very soon the MFR lake generation will be replaced with Cofh Core generation as soon as Slyboy finishes the lake generator.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
In my opinion, only COG gives an world generation similar to TFC but its much harder to customize it...

In my few tests, I went for huge clusters, like 100 blocks with a very high ore rarity(can recall..) Cleaned the world just to find a lot of empty chunks and suddenly, I had two huge clusters on one chunk and another cluster on the next chunk....

One could say its acceptable, since I would have a lot of ore on those two chunks and nothing on a big radius, so it would be 'balanced' but... its always on RNG hands and I dont like that. There should be a 'weight' system, that would increase the chance of the chunk spawning and chunks are generated without that ore. So... you dont have to travel 1000 blocks until RNG gives you a cluster...

With an weight system, you could guarantee that you would have one cluster spawning every x number of clusters and by so make the ores rare and at the same time be sure they will still exist and not leave it to RNG hands...

SirChamomile

Jul 29, 2019
Some basic things I've been trying out over the last couple of days. I'll probably update this post until I've got a rough fractal based oregen completed for my modpack. I'd be interested to see what other people have been trying. I'm especially keen on the underfluid generator - I can't wait until I get to make mafic deposits on the ocean floor (manganese and magnesite), and sulfur deposits along intrusions (lava pools).

Code:
{
    "testIron": {
        "block": [
            {
                "name": "minecraft:iron_ore",
                "metadata": 0,
                "weight": 30
            },
            {
                "name": "Railcraft:tile.railcraft.ore",
                "metadata": 7,
                "weight": 70
            }
        ],
        "clusterSize": 16,
        "numClusters": 3,
        "chunkChance": 2.5,
        "minHeight": 20,
        "veinHeight": 44,
        "veinDiameter": 65,
        "verticalDensity": 15,
        "horizontalDensity": 20,
            "all"
        ],
        ]
    },
    "testLead/Silver": {
            {
                "name": "ThermalFoundation:Ore",
                "metadata": 2,
                "weight": 60
            },
            {
                "name": "ThermalFoundation:Ore",
                "metadata": 3,
                "weight": 32
            },
            {
                "name": "Metallurgy:precious.ore",
                "metadata": 2,
                "weight": 8
            }
        ],
        "clusterSize": 5,
        "numClusters": 2,
        "chunkChance": 2,
        "minHeight": 10,
        "veinHeight": 20,
        "veinDiameter": 25,
        "verticalDensity": 10,
        "horizontalDensity": 10,
            "all"
        ],
        ]
    },
    "testSaltBed": {
            {
                "name": "harvestcraft:salt",
                "metadata": 0,
                "weight": 90
            },
            {
                "name": "Metallurgy:utility.ore",
                "metadata": 1,
                "weight": 5
            },
            {
                "name": "Metallurgy:utility.ore",
                "metadata": 5,
                "weight": 5
            }
        ],
        "clusterSize": 2,
        "numClusters": 16,
        "chunkChance": 6,
        "minHeight": 54,
        "veinHeight": 1,
        "veinDiameter": 50,
        "verticalDensity": 2,
        "horizontalDensity": 24,
            "all"
        ],
        ]
    }
}

Also, apparently there is a cap on veinDiameter. I tried 128 and it totally crashed the game.

SirChamomile

Jul 29, 2019
I'm getting very frustrated that none of these generators can generate features less than 5 blocks thick, besides really small chunks. I'd love to be able to create a sedimentary bed feature, and I thought that I could just do that with the large vein gen and flatten it to a block or two thin, but it just doesn't work like that. None of the features get thinner than 5 blocks.

Last edited:

ceselegend

Jul 29, 2019
Just found this out in skyboy's tweets : (link)

"eek_dungeon": {
"template": {"type": "uniform", "generator": "dungeon",
"lootTable": ["dungeonChest", "bonusChest", {"name": "villageBlacksmith", "weight": 10}],
"maxChests": 3, "minHoles": 2, "maxHoles": 8, "minHeight": 1, "maxHeight": 4
"minWidthX": 5, "maxWidthX": 15, "minWidthZ": 2, "maxWidthZ": 4​
},
"block": "cobblestone",
"spawnerFloor": ["cobblestone", {"name": "mossy_cobblestone", "weight": 32}],
"material": ["stone", "sandstone", "sand", "dirt", "gravel"],
"spawnEntity": [
"Zombie",
{"entity": "PigZombie", "weight": 10},
{"spawnerTag": {
"EntityId": "PigZombie",
"MinSpawnDelay": 100, "MaxSpawnDelay": 200,
"SpawnCount": 10,
"SpawnData": {
"Anger": 900,
"IsBaby": true,
"CanBreakDoors": true,
"CanPickUpLoot": true,
"AbsorptionAmount": 30​
}
}, "weight": 1}],​
"numClusters": 3,
"chunkChance": 15,
"minHeight": 0,
"maxHeight": 64,
"biomes": [],
1​
]
},

Melissa Pankey

Jul 29, 2019
So im trying to add copper ore from the thermal expansion to this Minecraft Scenter but im having trouble with the item code and cant get it to work. =/ what would be the item name i would put in it?
Im suppose to do this
To add a new block as a single-block target:
  1. Scroll down to the end of the file "Scenter.targets.cfg"
  2. Add a new line with just the block ID value
  3. Optionally append a comment (marked with '#') to this line

Sigma85

Jul 29, 2019
If I want to ADD to vanilla ore gen instead of flat REPLACING it; or say supplement Custom Ore Generation's ore setup, can I just leave B:ReplaceVanillaGeneration=false ? And add new .jsons with new values JUST for the ores I want "extra" or different distributions of ?

For instance, I want Custom Ore Gen's Cloud style setups to make "realistic mines", but since this make it very hard, I'd like to also add small, much rarer than normal little veins of Iron, Copper & Tin.

4oh3

Jul 29, 2019
Just a heads up.

Material can be an array like Block. As an example of when I was adding clay to worldgen:

Code:
        "material": [
            "minecraft:stone",
            "minecraft:dirt",
            "minecraft:grass",
            "minecraft:sand"
        ],

Reactions: Golrith

SirChamomile

Jul 29, 2019
EDIT: Apparently, this feature is native to Railcraft, and I'm too stupid to realize it. When I previously found the sulfur ore in my world, it's because it was Railcraft Ore, it must have been. The textures for Railcraft and Metallurgy sulfur are the same in my pack, hence the misunderstanding. I'm leaving this here though it case anyone has any ideas.

Trying to get this working, but it doesn't want to. It's not indicating errors in the launcher log, but it isn't doing anything. Perhaps I am misunderstanding how this is supposed to work? I see in the code that you seem to be able to spawn fluids in with things in it, but I'd like to just spawn something in lava that already is there. It is called underfluid generator, and was renamed from underwater generator. My best guess is that it spawns ores on the bottom of the particular fluid, but perhaps I am wrong? I wouldn't care if it just spawned in the fluid, but I don't really think that's the way it works, it doesn't seem like that from the code. I think my problem stems from the "fluid": "lava", line, but I have no idea what to do to fix it. I don't know if it's calling the block_id (minecraft:lava), the forge fluid name (lava), or the internal name? (fluid_lava). It also could be that I'm entirely wrong in how it is supposed to work.

From the line in the core where it lists how the feature is parsed (I think?):

Code:
 return new FeatureGenUnderfluid(featureName, gen, matList, fluidList, numClusters, biomeRes, retrogen, dimRes);

It seems like my syntax should be relatively correct. Anybody have ideas on how to get it working?

Code:
"sulfurGen": {
        "template": {"type": "underfluid"},
        "block": {"name": "Metallurgy:utility.ore", "metadata": 0},
        "material": [
            "minecraft:stone",
            "minecraft:bedrock"
        ],
        "fluid": "lava_fluid",
        "clusterSize": 6,
        "numClusters": 40,
        "retrogen": true,
            "all"
        ],
        ]
    }

Last edited:

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Looking for some help using /cofh clearblocks command with GregTech (BeyondReality modpack on ATLauncher) so I can have a look at the ore distribution. I've cleared a 1 km x 1 km square around my base using:

/cofh clearblocks asb3pe 500 200 500 stone dirt water lava gravel sand sandstone clay
/cofh clearblocks asb3pe 500 200 500 grass cobblestone obsidian planks fence rail web
/cofh clearblocks asb3pe 500 200 500 log leaves bedrock red_mushroom brown_mushroom
/cofh clearblocks asb3pe 500 200 500 tallgrass red_flower yellow_flower
/cofh clearblocks asb3pe 500 200 500 chisel:chisel.limestone chisel:chisel.marble
/cofh clearblocks asb3pe 500 200 500 Railcraft:tile.railcraft.cube gregtech:gt.blockgranites
/cofh clearblocks asb3pe 500 200 500 ProjRed|Exploration:projectred.exploration.stone
/cofh clearblocks asb3pe 500 200 500 appliedenergistics2:tile.OreQuartz
/cofh clearblocks asb3pe 500 200 500 appliedenergistics2:tile.OreQuartzCharged
/cofh clearblocks asb3pe 500 200 500 Thaumcraft:blockCustomOre harvestcraft:salt
/cofh clearblocks asb3pe 500 200 500 BigReactors:YelloriteOre Botania:flower
/cofh clearblocks asb3pe 500 200 500 BuildCraft|Energy:blockOil IC2:blockOreUran
/cofh clearblocks asb3pe 500 200 500 factorization:DarkIronOre factorization:FracturedBedrock

I need to run so many commands because there is a text character limit. If anyone knows a better way where I can run them all at once, please let me know!

But my real question is this: GregTech ores come in "regular" and "small" varieties, however they all use the same BlockID (from NEI Item Dump: gregtech:gt.blockores,1514,true,null,gregtech.common.blocks.GT_Block_Ores).

How can I remove all the small GT ores using /cofh clearblocks and leave all the regular ore deposits intact? Is there a way? Can I use what I guess I'd call the "sub-BlockID's, such as Item ID 1514:16032 for "Small Iron Ore", etc. - the number after the colon. Is there a way to do this in /cofh clearblocks? I don't think there is a way based on what I see, but I figured I might as well ask anyways. Maybe there's a simpler way that I'm just not thinking of? Such as going into the modpack and removing all the small ores somehow? Thanks!