Whitelist Server [CLOSED]Minecraft Maniac FTB Server[Friendly][Mindcrack][Dedicated24/7][Whitelist][NightlyBackups]

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.

Insomnius12

Jul 29, 2019
Name (Optional):
In-Game Name: honnen11
Hobbies/Interests: I enjoy gaming, reading, and many other things considered to be nerdy.
Have you ever been banned from another server? If so which one(s) and why? (We check your ban history): None that I'm aware of.
What experience with FTB do you have?: I've played FTB enough to get the hang of the mods for the most part, and I'm loving it.
What are you looking for in this FTB server which you are applying to?: Looking for a friendly server full of people who love minecraft and FTB. That and I'm a little..bored I suppose while playing solo. Want to be around other people while playing.

PhilsGeneralTso

Jul 29, 2019
Arduent, are we going to build a spawn power station? Like where all the new players can use like the IC2 machines, implosion compressors, blast furnace, ect. I think that would be nice and also we could do that so we could work with the other people on the server. Like a team building method I guess :)

arduent

Jul 29, 2019
Arduent, are we going to build a spawn power station? Like where all the new players can use like the IC2 machines, implosion compressors, blast furnace, ect. I think that would be nice and also we could do that so we could work with the other people on the server. Like a team building method I guess :)
That is a good idea, and I'm ok with it. Anyway so Luke from creeperhost messaged me that he has seen my thread on here and understands that many people want the server back up. I told him to post here with the progress and details of the issue.

Also, many of you who have applied since the issue will be accepted once the server is back up. I will message you when accepted.

Luke_H

Jul 29, 2019
That is a good idea, and I'm ok with it. Anyway so Luke from creeperhost messaged me that he has seen my thread on here and understands that many people want the server back up. I told him to post here with the progress and details of the issue.

Also, many of you who have applied since the issue will be accepted once the server is back up. I will message you when accepted.

I can verify this, we are still working on the hard drives issues with mdn30. Thank you for your patience guys.

Luke_H

Jul 29, 2019
Any ETA on a fix for that 'hard drive issue'?

Yes, I do have an ETA. The ETA is when we can ensure that no data is lost on the hard work that the owner and the community has put into this server. I'd rather ensure 100% data retention than rush the job and lose your hard work.

95magnus

Jul 29, 2019
In-Game Name: 95magnus
Hobbies/Interests: Gaming, programming, boats, spending time with friends
Have you ever been banned from another server? If so which one(s) and why? (We check your ban history): No, I don`t think so
What experience with FTB do you have?: I have played FTB since the launcher was in Beta. Started to play with IC nearly two years ago. Then i moved on to Tekkit and Technic
What are you looking for in this FTB server which you are applying to?: I`m looking for a stable server with dedicated admins and players.It`s not easy to find a good FTB server so I hope I get invited to join :)

Luke_H

Jul 29, 2019
Haha, post number 69 is above me.

Also, Luke_H, what type of hard drive issue?

No idea "what" issue it is unfortunately, I don't have that level of access/information. Most common hard drive error is where it stops writing and sits in read only mode, that is caused by factory faults.

Actloud

Jul 29, 2019
Name (Optional): Tyler
In-Game Name: Actloud
Hobbies/Interests: Wrestling, Health, and Books
Have you ever been banned from another server? If so which one(s) and why? (We check your ban history): No sir :)
What experience with FTB do you have?: Since the beginning :) Working on lots of things though, not a master yet
What are you looking for in this FTB server which you are applying to?: Good friendships and fun creative builds

BearforceTwo

Jul 29, 2019
No idea "what" issue it is unfortunately, I don't have that level of access/information. Most common hard drive error is where it stops writing and sits in read only mode, that is caused by factory faults.

Well if it sat in read only mode it would be pretty easy to just copy the data on a new hard drive and be done without any fear of losing any data, so I doubt that's the case (unless of course replacing a hard drive takes 2 days which it shouldn't). On another note, where are the nightly backups written to? On the same hard drive?

Silver31377

Jul 29, 2019
Name (Optional): I give to people once i get to know them
In-Game Name: silver31377
Hobbies/Interests: Gaming, (don't like tv so don't have one) read stupid amounts of books and too many more hobbies to list.
Have you ever been banned from another server? If so which one(s) and why? (We check your ban history): Never been banned ever.
What experience with FTB do you have?: I've played FTB on and off since it was launched
What are you looking for in this FTB server which you are applying to?: An actual active server with a great community, also looking to do a few videos of some of my builds so i can share some idea's i have, but the main thing is active with actual people playing that like to talk and have fun together. I'm hoping I can find that here plus you don't ban turtle's as i'm just getting into them and creeperhost is a great host to.

I hope to hear from you soon and that your server troubles you seem to be having at the moment resolve themselves.

Luke_H

Jul 29, 2019
Well if it sat in read only mode it would be pretty easy to just copy the data on a new hard drive and be done without any fear of losing any data, so I doubt that's the case (unless of course replacing a hard drive takes 2 days which it shouldn't). On another note, where are the nightly backups written to? On the same hard drive?

Not always that easy when you're in a RAID. Especially when the main drive is the one that went. Like I said, I can't really comment what the hard drive error is, was just stating the most common fault.
They are pushed onto the same drive; unless you have offsite back ups.[DOUBLEPOST=1369962544][/DOUBLEPOST]
I really hope this is fixed soon, it's getting sickening have to wait for something that was paid for to be maintained. Slow service ain't great for business.

You don't pay for downtime and are greatly compensated (SLA - http://www.creeperhost.net/tos.php) from the downtime caused.