Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

Geekman9097

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, for any other people looking for the issue, it is my understanding that Minecraft for Mac forcibly uses java 6 as of right now. I recommend using this fix.

Last edited:

Geekman9097

Jul 29, 2019
Also, Reika. I've been following this thread, and based on what I know of your method for placing pylons,
Screen Shot 2015-02-23 at 6.36.56 PM.png
This is not intended behavior. Just a quick report that something in your code seems to be messed up for placement. it's not gamebreaking at all. somewhat convient actually

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I like the border, that's pretty cool. Double points since it fits the biome you're in and makes it look like you're freezing to death, lol.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, for any other people looking for the issue, it is my understanding that Minecraft for Mac forcibly uses java 6 as of right now. I recommend using this fix.
I'm pretty sure that it's only the launcher that uses J6; the game itself uses J7. At least, for me, that's what happens.

JavaApplicationStub -- which runs when you doubleclick the launcher -- uses J6.
The game itself uses J7 (seen in every crash report)

DC2008

Jul 29, 2019
The problem with Macs is that (1) Apple has not updated the java version pushed through the automatic updates
and (2) when you go to the Oracle site and use the tool to check if you have the latest java, it only checks your browser plugin. However, the plugin is not sufficient; you need the full install. I am not at our Mac right now, but my recollection is that what you will need is called the development kit, or JDK, or something like that. In addition, after updating you will need to review your MC profile settings to confirm that it is looking in the correct directory (you need to make sure it is pointing at the updated version).

----
Sent from iPhone; apologies for any inadvertent typos

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Good point. Yes, I installed the full JDK, and for exactly that reason -- the browser JRE doesn't work for command-line programs.

Trop

Jul 29, 2019
So, I'm kinda stunk in a rut at the moment, I've got up to the Casting Room and been casting quite a few items in an effort to level up my casting table, but with no prevale, wondering if I should keep trying to level the table up or I'm just wasting resources, another thing is, the past 20 or so Info fragments I've found were blank.

Should I keep grinding my casting table to make progress?

Also, probably asked here before, but does casting multiple items at once count as X amount of castings or counts as just one use?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
So, I'm kinda stunk in a rut at the moment, I've got up to the Casting Room and been casting quite a few items in an effort to level up my casting table, but with no prevale, wondering if I should keep trying to level the table up or I'm just wasting resources, another thing is, the past 20 or so Info fragments I've found were blank.

Should I keep grinding my casting table to make progress?
How many diamonds in the top left?

Goof

Feb 18, 2014
The Ender Quarry from ExtraUtilities doesn't seem to be able to mine things like Fused Crystals and Elemental Stones, is this intended? I guess the quarry itself doesn't have any chromaticraft progression, so it can't 'see' the blocks :p

With silk touch, it mines cave crystals just fine, but that's all that comes out. A world hole upgrade shows that it mines out the blocks, but they just don't pop out at the other end...

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
The Ender Quarry from ExtraUtilities doesn't seem to be able to mine things like Fused Crystals and Elemental Stones, is this intended? I guess the quarry itself doesn't have any chromaticraft progression, so it can't 'see' the blocks :p

With silk touch, it mines cave crystals just fine, but that's all that comes out. A world hole upgrade shows that it mines out the blocks, but they just don't pop out at the other end...
Only the RC borer and the CC mineral extractor have the ability to mine those ores and plants.

Exadi

Jul 29, 2019
How do you unlock "Painful Loss"? It seems obvious it's hinting at dying and either dropping an info fragment or losing exp. I've done both several times. I'm guessing it's a bug/mod conflict. And is that what I need to unlock the info fragments for crystalline stone? Other than that I just have apparently really rare stuff to find (Secret Burrows, Magical Trees, Ocean Temples, #NULL (?)), Elemental Awareness (the pylon compass seems kind of useless if you need to unlock this before you can craft it), and the lower things which obviously require a casting room. I just made about a ton of useless lamps to make sure that getting the table to level 2 isn't the requirement.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
How do you unlock "Painful Loss"? It seems obvious it's hinting at dying and either dropping an info fragment or losing exp. I've done both several times. I'm guessing it's a bug/mod conflict. And is that what I need to unlock the info fragments for crystalline stone? Other than that I just have apparently really rare stuff to find (Secret Burrows, Magical Trees, Ocean Temples, #NULL (?)), Elemental Awareness (the pylon compass seems kind of useless if you need to unlock this before you can craft it), and the lower things which obviously require a casting room. I just made about a ton of useless lamps to make sure that getting the table to level 2 isn't the requirement.
You need to die with at least 90k units of energy on you.

Exadi

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I guess since it's capped at 24 right now it's not what I need to do to unlock the casting room.

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
Great mod but I have only one little problem, I am colorblind to Red/Green colors, so when going near those pylons my screen just becomes this big white mess(hurts my eyes it's so bright hahaha)

Could we get some way to tone down the, Color shift ? or some way to disable it would be great. =D

Geekman9097

Jul 29, 2019
The full-screen glow is a bug.
While I understand this, his point of view is still valid. If he is getting that bug and it is causing him pain, it would perhaps be considerate to allow him to reduce the brightness on that effect?