Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

C

ConnCraft

How do you get into the lower level of a crystal burrow? None of the blocks are breakable except for the cracked stone and chests.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
How do you get into the lower level of a crystal burrow? None of the blocks are breakable except for the cracked stone and chests.
The tiny ones at the surface? There was cracked stone in the floor that could open a hole to the lower level unless something has changed or I'm remembering wrong.

Been a while since I played with chromaticraft, some of the details and names are a bit fuzzy.

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
Shielding Crack should always be minable. If I recall correctly, the spot where you are standing when the burrow activates should be a minable crack. Just break that one and drop down, then do the same thing you do in the other 3 structures to conquer them.

It's nice that all 4 overworld structures have the same basic pattern: Enter the structure, structure awakens, break through the cracks (except for the Crystal Shrines: The ravine/cave structure), kill the heart, loot the place.

C

ConnCraft

Yeah, thanks. Turns out I'm a blind idiot and must have been standing on them......

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
I'm stuck trying to get the Lumen Harnessing progression. Using the wooden repeaters (obviously), trying to use the ritual table. I'm trying Health Leech because the nearest Kuro pylon is about a kilometer away, and I have a Kurauri and Ruzova pylon in a straight-ish line with the furthest being 150m from the ritual table.

Built the repeater network, using the white placement helper lines, and made sure the repeater closest to each pylon was within 16 blocks... which is painful.

I select the ability via left click on the icon in the table GUI, right click the Ritual Table block with my manipulator, get swirly white particles... and then they just keep swirling. No beams of color, no indication they're working.}

Edit: Farmed more XP, built more repeaters, did Pylon Surge Protection. Worked first time. The repeater network hurts my head, so does progression.

Edit2: Fixed some derps from the initial post, and just had to use the /chromaprog command to unlock the Ominous Constructions progression.

Last edited:

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
Some odd reason now, the Ritual Table and the Relay Source, don't seem to pull enough too get the cheap repeaters too pop, I ended up waiting till I could craft the crystal storage items, that fixed it ASAP doing it this way though you need a tier 3-4 crystal(lower levels don't store enough)

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
I can confirm, the wooden repeaters are confusing on multiple levels.

Edit to avoid doublepost:

Anyone know much about the farming of the various farmable flowers?

Especially the growth/spreading inhibitors.

For example, Resonant Clover won't grow if it's got two neighbors (so a 2x2 will never grow, and a line won't suddenly create a junction). Enderflowers spread via "teleport".

I know about the liquid tricks already as well.

I'm thinking about harvesting them with Scissorweed (I wonder if that's only available with Botania installed), but I then run into the interesting problem of the darn thing shearing them to harvest. Is there another good method for farming the plants inside the mod? I mean, I can always just place them in front of a block breaker of some sort... but that seems inelegant.

Also trying to figure out how to use the enrichment vine and fertility bloom. But I haven't really started the experimentation yet.

Last edited:
C

ConnCraft

Question #2 for this thread: What are unknown fragments? I found some on my SSP world, but playing on a server didn't turn up anything....

mathwiz617

Apr 29, 2015
Question #2 for this thread: What are unknown fragments? I found some on my SSP world, but playing on a server didn't turn up anything....

Did you pick them up? If they turned into another item, put them in your lexicon. If not, you need to progress more through the mod.

The reason you didn't find any on your server is likely that they were all taken by the time you got there.

C

ConnCraft

They just say Unknown fragments and some of the changing runes.... Need more progression! On that topic, I think i'm stuck behind the Elemental Awareness quest. Is there a way to see which pylons I have scanned? I think I got all of them because all 16 crystals have names, but it isn't unlocked.

NINJA EDIT: I missed a crystal... will report back once I scan the pylon...

NINJA EDIT #2: OOPS, I'm an idiot. Got the last pylon...

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
So what's this do ? hah there is no flavor text for it, but got the ability to build it when I nabbed my first core, clicking the focal point just beeps at me....

2018-03-10_15.01.58.png

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
What's it called in the lexicon? I'm almost at the dimension right now (and if you unlocked it with your first dimensional core I probably don't have it), or I'd look myself.

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
Atmospheric Lumen Distributor (guessing not done), finished the dim and nothing else, other then the normal end game stuff(enriched tree, mineral extractor, end game abilites, locus, elemental mastery) *shrug* kinda lame can't silk the Mineral Extractor anymore.

Last edited:

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
Welp, I've GOT to be missing something. I can't find Ethereal Luma in the only remotely nearby (like within 14k blocks) Luminous Cliffs biome to me. Are the pools underground?

Unfortunately, I have no idea about the Distributor other than it probably powers something.

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
Etheral Luma is underground you'll find all you need and more in the biome,

my guess on the distributor is it will allow color swap. (I remember reading something about being able too "swap" a pylons color eventually, guess he hasn't got around to finishing that.)

Last edited:

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
Guess I get to keep caving. Wish there was an entry on the stuff somewhere in the lexicon... because digging through the internet to find "it's in Luminous Cliffs" was a pain. At first I thought it might be something like Liquid Crystal where you melt a thing... then noticed there's no CrC way to melt stuff and knew it couldn't be that (Reika wouldn't make a core progression require another mod... well... except Forestry, and that's almost certainly unintentional)

Edit:
Teleportation Pump to the RESCUE. I managed to get 4 before I remembered that I had made a Teleportation Pump for the Resonant Ender and it was sitting in my bag of tools.

Last edited:

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Etheral Luma is underground you'll find all you need and more in the biome,

my guess on the distributor is it will allow color swap. (I remember reading something about being able too "swap" a pylons color eventually, guess he hasn't got around to finishing that.)
No, it was designed to be able to do this with lumens:
HqrKl2p.png

The intent was to allow multiple pylons of one color to be connected to the network, with ionospherically-connected ones (due to extreme lossiness) being fallbacks in case the primary was drained.

The new inscription-created link made that obsolete.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Hi @Reika, I just wanted to say: I've been playing LordPINE's "A Polychromatic World" modpack, where ChromatiCraft is one of the main mods, and I'm really enjoying using CC. I haven't progressed very far yet, but I love the visuals and mechanics that I've seen so far, with the pylons and the crystals, and everything else; my current base is in a Rainbow Forest too, which is fantastic. My only regret is not trying out ChromatiCraft before!

Reactions: Reika and LordPINE