Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

D

DarkMazer

I've been able to solve the 3D mazes in as little as 30 minutes. Yes, they're definitely a timesink (my first solve took 2 hours), but once you figure out how to avoid traveling the same path more than once, it's much quicker.

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
I'll be perfectly honest, 3D mazes are probably my least favourite Dimension puzzle because they involve less in the way of problem solving and more in the way of running/flying around, to (mis)quote a Lexicon entry.

T5UN4M1

Jul 29, 2019
I have issues with lumen beacons :
I have set up 3 of them to transfer energy from my "old" base to my new base location. (placed in a sort of right angle triangle)
The lumen beacon transmitter block that is in my new base seems to receive energy, when I right click it with the aura visualization crystal, it makes the same noise as if I was clicking a repeater inside of my network.
However, the multi aura repeater block from the lumen beacon doens't seem to be connected, it makes the bad noise with the aura visualization crystal.
I have connected a lumen tree and a fabricator to it but none of these seem to draw power from the beacon.
They are not exactly orthogonal but they have like less than 15 blocks of horizontal difference and 10 blocks of vertical difference for over 1km of distance.
The multi aura repeater blocks are sparkling so I assume that my multi blocks structures are correct?

dieselfuelonly

Jul 29, 2019
I've figured out that you have to delete the dim60 file in your world to have the chroma dimension reset correctly sometimes. As for resetting to get a new puzzle for a specific puzzle: don't, it's the same color per puzzle per world.

As for the 3D maze, there's an ability that will help you immensely. Furthermore, if you use journaymap you can make a waypoint at the entrance to mark the center.

Sorry to quote such an old message, but I've been back trying to complete this puzzle after taking a break from my world for a while. Are you referring to the breadcrumb ability? It seems to be of no use because even at max power the trail starts disappearing well before I get remotely close to finishing the puzzle.

I have marked the center of the map, but that doesn't seem to get me much of anywhere as well.

Any more tips on this puzzle? Is there anything to it other than just luck? I have just this puzzle and the light ball one to complete - the light ball one I can work through, but this one...

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Sorry to quote such an old message, but I've been back trying to complete this puzzle after taking a break from my world for a while. Are you referring to the breadcrumb ability? It seems to be of no use because even at max power the trail starts disappearing well before I get remotely close to finishing the puzzle.

I have marked the center of the map, but that doesn't seem to get me much of anywhere as well.

Any more tips on this puzzle? Is there anything to it other than just luck? I have just this puzzle and the light ball one to complete - the light ball one I can work through, but this one...
The way I approached this puzzle in the past was to try, at all junctions, all possible directions and mark those I already used, for instance with blocks of dirt. Together with marking the centre of the map, that would bring me to the core eventually, though the time required could vary a great deal. In newer versions, I suspect the subterranean route finder could be of great help, but I haven't played a dimension puzzle of versions 17+ yet.

Last edited:

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I have two questions for those who found one of the "glowing towers". I haven't found one yet, but I'd like to know if I can use them as a story element in the modpack I'm making (private so far). In order to do that, I need to know the answers to the following questions:

(1) By discoverng the towers, do you get items or blocks that can't be replicated (other than a research fragment)? If so, are these blocks easily identifiable by name and/or metadata alone (rather than only through a complicated set of NBT data)?
(2) By discovering the towers, do you acquire one or more casting recipes that can't be acquired any other way?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I have two questions for those who found one of the "glowing towers". I haven't found one yet, but I'd like to know if I can use them as a story element in the modpack I'm making (private so far). In order to do that, I need to know the answers to the following questions:

(1) By discoverng the towers, do you get items or blocks that can't be replicated (other than a research fragment)? If so, are these blocks easily identifiable by name and/or metadata alone (rather than only through a complicated set of NBT data)?
(2) By discovering the towers, do you acquire one or more casting recipes that can't be acquired any other way?

Thanks in advance for any info.
Yes to both halves of #1, and count #2 as either yes or may-very-well-become-yes.

Also, the towers have a strong lore of their own right now, and that takes priority; if you want to build them into your own story, you will need to be familiar with the lore in CC, which I will not post here due to the spoiler content.

Reactions: Ieldra

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
While developing my modpack (currently private, might become public later, and if it will, I will obviously notify you of the details of the pack, as is stated in your rules) I was trying to use some of ChromatiCrafts items as a requirement for other items (from mods other than yours). I am using Minetweaker for this. As far as I can see, this is not disallowed by your rules. However, due to your code, one of these lines is being commented out. I know of a way around this, but I thought I should check if this is allowed first.

Furthermore, while trying to check what is and is not allowed to be changed, I found some conflicting information on your website, namely the following. Hopefully you can clarify which I should follow:

From the page on Third-Party Modifications (https://sites.google.com/site/reikasminecraft/modifications):

It is true that I do not allow third-party modification to RotaryCraft (and, by extension, its addons) or ChromatiCraft when in modpacks or on servers.

From the page on Pack Permissions and Rules (https://sites.google.com/site/reikasminecraft/pack-permissions-and-rules):

Public packs must obey the following:
The pack must not use external mods to significantly change the way my mods work, such that a guide for the default setup would be misleading or useless for the pack (or vice versa), or that the mods' techtrees, if applicable, are radically altered, or that features are missing. This includes the use of MineTweaker and other similar tools to remove recipes or items!
Config options native to the mod are of course free to be modified.

Special rules for RotaryCraft, its addons, and ChromatiCraft:Because these mods are both very sensitive to modification and modifications can easily cause severe damage, certain restrictions are placed on modifying the way the mods work.
At some point before the pack is released, I need to be notified of each and every change made to my mods. I do not need a detailed explanation or the reasons, but I need to know what pack changed what in order to keep a record.
The pack author must have a fairly clear understanding of the effects their changes will have; for example, pack authors may not make changes without even having tried unmodified versions of a mod, or without understanding the system they are modifying.
A few specific kinds of changes require explicit permission from me to change; almost all of these are "sounds like a good idea but really a bad idea" kind of changes that I need to verify you are aware of the ramifications of making. A few examples will be given below. If you are uncertain whether the change you have in mind needs permission, ask me.
All modifications must be in good faith. Any modifications done in bad faith are totally disallowed. Bad faith modifications include but are not limited to:
  • Modifications intended generate headaches for me, such as by spawning bug reports
  • Modifications designed to enable monetization of my content
  • Modifications designed to "justify" taking partial or complete credit for the mods
  • Modifications designed to tarnish my or my mods' reputation, such as by worsening its stability or deliberately unbalancing it
The mod's fundamental identity must remain intact. For example, RotaryCraft must not be converted to an RF mod, ChromatiCraft may not be turned into a ThaumCraft addon, and ReactorCraft may not be made to function like BigReactors. This is because packs are most people's first experience with my mods and I want the first impression to be both accurate and positive, something not true if the mod is heavily altered.
I will maintain a publicly viewable list all packs that make changes and what changes they make. This serves primarily as a record of who does what, but also provides a defence against people who want to blame me for the changes, as well as filtering out the occasional "I want to make changes that noone knows about" (that I cannot see a legitimate reason for existing).
Also for providing defence and reducing bug report count, I will be adding a functionality to my handbooks that adds a special config file that allows for a pack author to specify any changes they make, so that any pack-level changes can be documented in the handbook. All of the pack's changes to my mods must be documented here.
The pack developer must make it reasonably clear in their pack description (or its equivalent) that they have made modifications to my mods and have gotten permission to do so, linking to the list mentioned above. This is to avoid both confusion and the risk of erroneously being reported to me.
If a modification starts spawning rumors, bug reports, harassment, or similar and the pack author makes no attempt to take responsibility or dispel the effects, the modification must be revised so as to try to keep its original purpose but stop causing problems. If this is not possible, or the pack author is unwilling to make that effort, the modification must be reverted.
All modifications must be done though accepted tools, such as MineTweaker. Things like ASM or bytecode editing are not permitted, not least because they severely harm stability or carry a strong connotation of subversion.Anyone blaming me for the effects of their own changes will be held fully responsible as well as being treated as either dishonest or incompetent, whichever seems more likely.

To be clear, I have read both pages fully, but this information seems conflicting to me. It would be highly appreciated if this could be clarified, not just for me, but for anyone else planning to make a pack with your mods.

Last edited:
Reactions: Closet Gamer

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question - what's the deal with Fabrication Duplication? Is there something special I have to do to make it work, or is it just not implemented yet?

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
All right, I found one of the "glowing towers" and did what I had to do to get the achievement and the item. Nice, and it makes me curious what these are all about, but phew, these things are rare.

Now, I've read somewhere that having found one will help me find the others. I can't see anything that would help me in that regard, nor did I see anything before I interacted with the structure. Post #2848 above says the... thing (to avoid spoilers) that pops up after interacting with the structure isn't relevant, and in any case it wouldn't make any sense since the time you see it is much too short for meaningful interpretation at this time. The only other thing I can see is particle effects when you approach the structure, but they don't appear to have any pattern.

So....how do I go about finding the others?

Also, I must admit I expected something much bigger, something more noticeable and obvious than a pylon, given the rarity. "Tower" is something of a misnomer. I consider myself lucky this one was located on a remote island in the ocean. Structures of this kind in jungles would be almost impossible to find, and even in forest or swamp they're easy to overlook.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
All right, I found one of the "glowing towers" and did what I had to do to get the achievement and the item. Nice, and it makes me curious what these are all about, but phew, these things are rare.

Now, I've read somewhere that having found one will help me find the others. I can't see anything that would help me in that regard, nor did I see anything before I interacted with the structure. Post #2848 above says the... thing (to avoid spoilers) that pops up after interacting with the structure isn't relevant, and in any case it wouldn't make any sense since the time you see it is much too short for meaningful interpretation at this time. The only other thing I can see is particle effects when you approach the structure, but they don't appear to have any pattern.

So....how do I go about finding the others?
Nothing? So very disappointing :(

I have another problem, however. I'm trying to use the item distribution node and can't get it to work. I tested this as follows: place two chests a few blocks apart, the item distribution node somewhere nearby and in sight of both chests. Link an extraction node to the distribution node (Shift-RMB) then place it on one chest, link an insertion node to the distribution node and place it on the other chest. Now I expect items to be moved from the chest with the extraction node to the chest with the insertion node. Yet, that did not happen. Why not?

I tried different setups with the extraction/insertion nodes placed so they can see each other, or with an additional chest under the distribution node with its own extraction and insertion nodes. I tried with and without setting item filters, all to to avail. I recall I got these to work when I played on the Dragon Realm server in 2016, but I don't recall having done anything differently. This is incredibly frustrating, and exactly the kind of artificial difficulty I could do very well without. I could probably circumvent this problem in this specific situation by using an item inserter instead, but it was my goal to make an item distribution system with ChromatiCraft only, and for that I need extraction functionality.

*frustrated growl*

L

Locoapples

ive just recently picked up chromaticraft, been getting a good feel for it and how the research and knowledge works but im a little stuck at the pylon boosting stage, ive made a good bit of progress pretty much all of my knowledge has been filled out with some helpful pointers from server mates, im only missing two things in the first tier of progression, which would be the one dealing with relics and the "glowing pillars" err what ever the second one is and everything else is filled upto the boosting, neither of two mentioned seem to be needed (correct me if im wrong) but im stuck i dont have the ability to "read" more info fragments and i cant yet make the power crystals used to boost pylons, i didnt fly through the mod or anything it was a bit quick starting since i had most of tier 1 completed before even touching the mod just wondering if i missed any hidden crafting criteria or anything in my accidental haste going through early game. Edit : yes im aware that lost fragments go into the recovery tab in the lexicon, but nothing is there

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
ive just recently picked up chromaticraft, been getting a good feel for it and how the research and knowledge works but im a little stuck at the pylon boosting stage, ive made a good bit of progress pretty much all of my knowledge has been filled out with some helpful pointers from server mates, im only missing two things in the first tier of progression, which would be the one dealing with relics and the "glowing pillars" err what ever the second one is and everything else is filled upto the boosting, neither of two mentioned seem to be needed (correct me if im wrong) but im stuck i dont have the ability to "read" more info fragments and i cant yet make the power crystals used to boost pylons, i didnt fly through the mod or anything it was a bit quick starting since i had most of tier 1 completed before even touching the mod just wondering if i missed any hidden crafting criteria or anything in my accidental haste going through early game. Edit : yes im aware that lost fragments go into the recovery tab in the lexicon, but nothing is there
As far as I'm aware of, these are the conditions for the power crystal fragment to be unlocked:

(1) Have all the fragments of the "Pylon-Crafting" research level. Power crystals are "Endgame".
(2) Have crafted a construct of the "Pylon Crafting" tier (one whose fragment appeared after the level was unlocked, such as a World Rift).
(3) Have the progression achievements "Energy Internalization", "Lumen Storage", "Lumen Storage II" and "Top-Tier Crafting".

Also, as far as I'm aware of, the "Glowing Towers" and "Mysterious Relics" progression achievements do not unlock anything on the critical progression path. It is, however, possible that you need other progression achievements of the rows above "top-tier crafting" to unlock fragments you need to complete the "Pylon-casting" level (condition (1) above).

Last edited:
L

Locoapples

As far as I'm aware of, these are the conditions for the power crystal fragment to be unlocked:

(1) Have all the fragments of the "Pylon-Crafting" research level. Power crystals are "Endgame".
(2) Have crafted a construct of the "Pylon Crafting" tier (one whose fragment appeared after the level was unlocked, such as a World Rift).
(3) Have the progression achievements "Energy Internalization", "Lumen Storage", "Lumen Storage II" and "Top-Tier Crafting".

Also, as far as I'm aware of, the "Glowing Towers" and "Mysterious Relics" progression achievements do not unlock anything on the critical progression path. It is, however, possible that you need other progression achievements of the rows above "top-tier crafting" to unlock fragments you need to complete the "Pylon-casting" level (condition (1) above).
i got this resolved you need to craft something from the "pylon crafting" tree then fragments become available atleast thats what i had to do :/

M

MegaDeadly

Whats this warp node I've found in the air (y level ~140)? Right-clicking it with the elemental manipulator just makes a sound, and I had a decent amount of powered stored in me. Is it gated behind progression, or do I need to find another one?

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Whats this warp node I've found in the air (y level ~140)? Right-clicking it with the elemental manipulator just makes a sound, and I had a decent amount of powered stored in me. Is it gated behind progression, or do I need to find another one?
I found several of these, I'm fairly well along in the progression (entered dimension, no structures solved yet) and I still don't know what they're for. The term suggests some kind of transport, but how to trigger that? No idea yet. Just flying in doesn't do anything. I also wonder if they're related to Thaumcraft Nodes. Do you have Thaumcraft installed?

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone play with the revised Lumen Beacons ? (V19c)

I've only ever gotten them to handshake once(right after building the 2nd tower, my network lit up both beacons~) but now nothing at all, I can't even get the visualization tool to tick the colors thru them...