Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to completely copy over progression from one world to another? I play on a server, and I'd like to be able to test things in a single player world upto my current research level, without spoiling the rest of the mod. Would it be as simple as just copying the world save?
It should be, aye. If memory serves, its tied to your player data, so just make sure you get all that copied over, and you should be fine.

Brian_E

Jul 29, 2019
So while playing on my local server with my wife, I found out that while crystal repeaters are tied to the player that places them (meaning I can't pop up ones that she placed), I can use hers as transit. This leads me to wonder if something like the lumen tree is player-agnostic as well.

Also the newer version has a device I hadn't seen before: the relay amplification focus. Does anyone know what this does?

Brian_E

Jul 29, 2019
That was my first thought too, but there don't seem to be enough devices to where the relay would NEED charged like that. Perhaps it's a sign of things to come (or maybe others actually stress it more).

On another note, I've noticed that my wife's progress tab has 5 entries in row 5 while I only have 4 (Lumen Storage, Unity of the Elements, Magic Alloying, Broadcasting). I had her start an SP world and cheat in achievements and it looks like it's 'Other Worlds'. Anyone have any idea why we'd have different entries available? I'm hoping the only thing she needs to unlock it is a visit to the twilight forest (that and beating the ender dragon are the only previous achievements she's missing), and her progress is stalled because of it.

If Reika still checks in on this from time to time, my wife came up with an idea earlier that I think I've seen here before, but I gave it some thought on how not to make it 'too easy'. Basically since you're always hurting for one color of crystal *cough* Tahara *cough*, a way to change the color of a crystal to another type. I was thinking since we already have a way of removing their color (to raw crystals), if we were able to throw those raws into the chroma+berry solution, that'd be a semi-expensive way to convert excess crystals into Tahara (or whatever color you may need). If that seems to easy, requiring them to be iridescent makes it a fairly resource-intensive task

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
That was my first thought too, but there don't seem to be enough devices to where the relay would NEED charged like that. Perhaps it's a sign of things to come (or maybe others actually stress it more).

On another note, I've noticed that my wife's progress tab has 5 entries in row 5 while I only have 4 (Lumen Storage, Unity of the Elements, Magic Alloying, Broadcasting). I had her start an SP world and cheat in achievements and it looks like it's 'Other Worlds'. Anyone have any idea why we'd have different entries available? I'm hoping the only thing she needs to unlock it is a visit to the twilight forest (that and beating the ender dragon are the only previous achievements she's missing), and her progress is stalled because of it.

If Reika still checks in on this from time to time, my wife came up with an idea earlier that I think I've seen here before, but I gave it some thought on how not to make it 'too easy'. Basically since you're always hurting for one color of crystal *cough* Tahara *cough*, a way to change the color of a crystal to another type. I was thinking since we already have a way of removing their color (to raw crystals), if we were able to throw those raws into the chroma+berry solution, that'd be a semi-expensive way to convert excess crystals into Tahara (or whatever color you may need). If that seems to easy, requiring them to be iridescent makes it a fairly resource-intensive task
Reika was pondering new uses for the elemental stones a while back, and crystal transmutation was one of the ideas that were thrown around, but he eventually settled on using the stones to "fertilize" the Lumen Tree instead.

Once you build a lumen tree, you won't be hurting for shards. Ever. I have doubts that Reika will ever add any other form of crystal transmutation in light of that.

But in the meantime, if you've got RotaryCraft, do keep in mind that you can silktouch crystals and then run them through the RoC grinder to get a bunch of shards.

Brian_E

Jul 29, 2019
Oh yeah, I always rush for a silk-touch manasteel pick so I can silk touch those bad boys, but you really burn through those taharas making crystal repeaters. Breaking the lumen tree is good once you get to that point. I'd realized anyway that since 1 crystal turns into 2 raw crystals that my idea was easily exploitable, so wouldn't work anyway

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
If you have Mekanism, you can key a digiminer for the crystals (you'll need an example of at least one) and set it to silk em up. It chews thru power (silking usually makes it eat 6x more power), but given its huge range, its well worth it.

Brian_E

Jul 29, 2019
Dang, chromaticraft in this world is not being kind to me. Not sure what I'm doing wrong here but lumen tree isn't completing. I've double and triple-checked that I didn't have the wrong pieces (like having stone groove 2 instead of stone groove) or the wrong quantities. Have moved the entire structure several times just in case it had LoS issues, and have repositioned the luminescent battery in case the image was wrong and the SW corner isn't where it goes, but no luck; it just won't complete. Anyone have any hints? I'll put the images in spoilers just so they're collapsed and don't take a lot of space.

EDIT: Hmm, that didn't post how I expected, but I'll just leave it as is

EDIT2: OH! While I'm at it, I noticed this when going through the images to attach them. I may have set up the Elemental Lamp wrong. Normally I just use Lumen Turrets as an offensive defense, but I thought I'd try something different this time, but .... well, as you can see, I don't think it's quite working correctly.

Attachments

• 2016-12-20_18.17.11.png
    2016-12-20_18.17.11.png
    774.3 KB · Views: 114
  • 2016-12-20_18.17.20.png
    2016-12-20_18.17.20.png
    551.1 KB · Views: 124
  • 2016-12-20_18.17.27.png
    2016-12-20_18.17.27.png
    604.9 KB · Views: 116
  • 2016-12-19_17.15.16.png
    2016-12-19_17.15.16.png
    582.3 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I think the tree needs more area at its base, try clearing out some of the grass at the bottom and seeing if it works, then. Never used the Elemental Lamp so, alas, I can't help ye there, but I'll look on my end and see if I can't find out how she works and report back.

Brian_E

Jul 29, 2019
It eventually worked; I'm not sure if it's because I cleared the grass from around it or what. Kinda weird but all is good.

Figured out what 'other worlds' was when I went and got the achievement, I'm just not sure why hers was so far up in the progress list, or how she's stuck still. At this point I think her next recipe should be power crystals. About the only thing I can think I've done that she hasn't is beat the ender dragon (only the killing blow gets the achievement), but I didn't think that was gating.

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to see what items can be made in the item fabricator (or is it just crystal shards)? Also, is there a way to generate things like purification powder aside from manually mining?

I unlocked the lumen tree, but don't have the battery needed to actually make it.

This... this isn't normal, is it?

s26vj9.png

It was just showing red until I planted the trees, but now white and red seem to be overlayed on top of each other, and the compass won't show me the actual nearest white pylon.

Last edited:

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I think there's a recipe listing in NEI for the fabricator. I don't think there's a way to farm purification powder sibce you can't silk up the rock flowers and they don't spread. If you have RFTools, you could try making a cave world; so long as the base block is stone, you should have a good supply of rock flowers. Oh! Note, however, that rock flowers respond to fortune and/or looting enchants on your tools. While they may not be farmable, I've gotten upwards of half a stack of powder from a single flower with the upper levels of fortune on my pick.

Brian_E

Jul 29, 2019
I was just thinking of that last night, actually. It's the one thing you can't farm from the chroma dimension since no caves generate, and when you use it, you need a lot of it.

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, according to a guide I found, you need a minimum of 6144 purification powder to enter the dimension, with no easy in mod way to get that much.

Brian_E

Jul 29, 2019
That .... doesn't seem right. I think in my game so far I've only made 4 stacks of raw crystals (so 8? stacks of purification powder needed), and most of those went towards making power crystals. Then the oddball use elsewhere I guess, but probably less than another stack of powder.

Last edited:

Brian_E

Jul 29, 2019
That sounds better, and where I'm kinda stuck getting enough to apply all those, which is where I'd realized how nice caves in the chroma dimension would be!

Brian_E

Jul 29, 2019
Reset DIM1 for my wife & let her kill the enderdragon. Still no luck; she's still stuck not getting the power crystals (yet somehow has that achievement; possibly from being near one of my placed ones when it ticked). I'm ... wait no, because you don't get that achievement until AFTER you've actually built them (and therefore have to have already unlocked its recipe). Digging into the code now, but my semester of java hasn't prepared me well for this :)

Nevermind; we finally figured out what she was missing

Last edited:

Xav101

Jul 29, 2019
So, I'm currently attempting to craft crystal repeaters. I've tried everything I could think of, but I seem to be stuck. I've completed all progression up to this point except buried hollows, sandy burrows, secret burrows, and ocean tenples. Currently I've crafted the energy storage crystal, I've completed the alloying and made chromastone, and made the elemental core. I'm thinking I need to complete the exploration progression, but I'm not quite sure. If I do, is there anyway to just cheat in that exploration progression? I really don't feel like exploring due to lag when chunks are generated.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Aye, you'll be wanting them exploration bits, as they ARE gating; not sure if they gate the repeaters, but there's a reason why they're at the top of my to-do list in ChC. I think there's a command to alter progression, but I dunno the exact arguments it needs to get you the exploration credits. Though...how'd you get fragments without exploring and finding those things?