Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
The dioramas are probably the worst IMO, the temples, huts and spirals are just puzzles, easy safe loot once you solve them. The maze is pretty easy too once you have Aggro Mask II so you can't aggro the pigmen, then it's just one blaze spawner to deal with, good armour and a solid weapon handles that, and the tight conditions help stop them getting to range.

The diorama admittedly is pretty easy with good flight and armour, moves to a little better than the maze at that point, and the ghast spawner can be super useful.

Schadrach

Jul 29, 2019
So I was playing around with Reika's mods in creative the other day making sure nothing in my updated private server pack was going to break in an obvious and horrific way and I devised a way to generate a fair amount of Reactorcraft steam without needing any kind of fuel, and to do so in a fairly compact space. It's not "fusion reactor" levels of steam, but it's plenty for most uses (as in a few GW through a HP turbine), and it's not like you can only build one.

I'm not sure if it's something you intended or not, Reika. I'll just give this hint: It requires using something from Chromaticraft to get around the inconsistencies of how things in your other mods behave. That part is also the only one that's expensive or difficult at all. Everything else is cheap.

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
I need to do some more testing, but I may have found a mod interaction bug.

I have a security station set up to use wireless AE at my base, and it works fine. Until I go on top of the nether. If I go to the top of the nether, and then go back to my base, my wireless viewer says "no statuon found," and I need to break and replace the security station to use wireless again.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
well your not suppose to be up there at all, I wouldn't really call that a bug just more Minecraft breaking cause of limits being pushed ~ hah

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
Chromaticraft allows you to get to the top of the nether IIRC. Also, the top of the nether is at Y=128 to Y=256, so, that shouldn't be a problem + there are ways in vanilla to get to the top of the nether.

@Rubyheart, does it happen without Chromaticraft? Try in a creative test world

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
So I was playing around with Reika's mods in creative the other day making sure nothing in my updated private server pack was going to break in an obvious and horrific way and I devised a way to generate a fair amount of Reactorcraft steam without needing any kind of fuel, and to do so in a fairly compact space. It's not "fusion reactor" levels of steam, but it's plenty for most uses (as in a few GW through a HP turbine), and it's not like you can only build one.

I'm not sure if it's something you intended or not, Reika. I'll just give this hint: It requires using something from Chromaticraft to get around the inconsistencies of how things in your other mods behave. That part is also the only one that's expensive or difficult at all. Everything else is cheap.
Send it to me in a PM.

Schadrach

Jul 29, 2019
Send it to me in a PM.

Sent. Like I said in the PM, I'd argue that it's a bit of clever generator design rather than a bug since all the parts are doing exactly what they are supposed to in the way they are supposed to, and it's the particular configuration that leads to an unexpectedly useful result.

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
Hm, I tried to get it working in a test world with nothing changed, as a control, and I can't get it to error. Which means I probably need to copy my world save into a new world to see if the error persists, then remove CC and see if it still doesn't work.

Edit: Ok, I copied my existing world that I was having the issue with, and confirmed that I was still having the issue in the copy world. Then I quit the game, disabled ChC, and loaded it again, and repeated the same steps, no issue. So it does look like some kind of mod interaction.

Last edited:

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Got a minor problem to report. Placing down a relay source in such a way that it draws power from a broadcaster (the big tower repeater thingie) absolutely annihilates my TPS. My broadcaster, pylons, and repeaters are all turbocharged, as well...dunno if that might be contributing or not. I haven't properly profiled the issue, as I don't really remember how to do that, but just a few seconds after placing one down in my new base, my TPS tanks and Opis claims that some ChC tile entity is eating clock cycles like candy.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Got a minor problem to report. Placing down a relay source in such a way that it draws power from a broadcaster (the big tower repeater thingie) absolutely annihilates my TPS. My broadcaster, pylons, and repeaters are all turbocharged, as well...dunno if that might be contributing or not. I haven't properly profiled the issue, as I don't really remember how to do that, but just a few seconds after placing one down in my new base, my TPS tanks and Opis claims that some ChC tile entity is eating clock cycles like candy.
Use VisualVM.

K

Korthalion

Hi, first of all I have to say I'm loving Chromaticraft!
However, I have placed some ethereal barriers around my base, and am now looking to expand - is there any way to remove the barriers?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Hi, first of all I have to say I'm loving Chromaticraft!
However, I have placed some ethereal barriers around my base, and am now looking to expand - is there any way to remove the barriers?
Did you try the Elemental Manipulator? I dunno if it'll work, but it's usually the first thing you'll want to try if something in ChC isn't working.

Zandorum

Jul 29, 2019
I'd really like to live in Rainbow forests but I hate that sphere of energy you get around you while in them, is there a way to remove that its really distracting and keeps me from wanting to live there. If there isn't could you please add a clientside config option for it?

Plasmasnake

Jul 29, 2019
I'd really like to live in Rainbow forests but I hate that sphere of energy you get around you while in them, is there a way to remove that its really distracting and keeps me from wanting to live there. If there isn't could you please add a clientside config option for it?

config/Reika/ChromatiCraft

in control setup:
B:"Enable Ball Lightning"=true

or if you meant the other thing, in "client specific"

B:"[BD4BEEB18] Biome FX"=false

Zandorum

Jul 29, 2019
Have you tried looking?
config/Reika/ChromatiCraft

in control setup:
B:"Enable Ball Lightning"=true

or if you meant the other thing, in "client specific"

B:"[BD4BEEB18] Biome FX"=false
Thanks for whatever reason I couldn't find it (It was Biome FX), I must be blind.

Edit: Thanks for helping instead of just asking if I even looked; I had a long day that day and I was getting frustrated even though I was staring at the config I just couldn't find it for some reason. Too tired I guess. Thanks again.

Last edited:

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
heh the exp gained from crafting glows, went from a lvl2 Table to a lvl4 after the first crafting.

Also I'm having a weird issue with trying to automate the Infusion Stand, after 1 crafting with it and the liquid spiller refills the chroma I have to break the stand for it to recognize that the structure is complete..

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Two things: I can't seem to build much with crystalline stone bricks (haven't tried with others) as it seems that they check for a valid structure with increasing frequency depending on the number of connected blocks of the same kind. Second, is it...intended for the fertility boosters to tick Lilypads of Fertility from Reliquary? Because they do, thus applying the lily's boost with...somewhat alarming frequency.