Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Got the long distance flight covered -- pack has magical crops, I basically rushed essence infused armor out of the gate.

I'd consider trying to use the Mineral Extractor for that purpose, but it scans really, really slow and placing it kicks everyone off my server with a timeout. It's fine after a short bit, but damn does the mineral extractor not play well when it's first placed. It just uses all available resources and causes a timeout.
You can speed up the scanning with the operational speed upgrade. Alas, I don't think it'd be usable for finding ocean temples, unless it explicitly picks up shielding blocks. I'm not 100% on this, but I think you can make an RFTools ocean dimension and find them there. It'd be at least somewhat easier since everything there is ocean and you don't have to go searching for the next one after the one you're currently at runs out.

U

UNG_God

I think i found why i was crashing, it seems it was some trouble with the path find of the multi repeaters on the complex, they shown they are connected, but when it needs to draw power, it wasnt but was, so the game keeps trying and failing until crash and drop down all network.

Flight can be passed over if you have the water stride ability with some speed pendant, you can walk faster than most flight equipment. You can use the "bug" of walking then pressing the ability tab, so your char will keeping walking without need to press buttons (if you press it stop), so you only need to drive using the camera. I wish we could add ability to hotbar. I wonder if a maximized fire source turning cobble into glass ,is intended.

U

UNG_God

well i realy dont know to explain this, so some pictures to help maybe

on this one is the complex , i made it with four multi repeaters at corners to help lumen get where it is need
XLelb1V.png

however when you see this pictures, showing the same setup from a diferent view, the side that faces the plants (north on game) dont receive any lumen at all, so any rune on that side will cause the game to crash after many tryies.
lHKevjK.png

so any ideas why?

if someone would watch my LP on this pack, this is a massive spoiler.

EyeDeck

Apr 16, 2013
I'd consider trying to use the Mineral Extractor for that purpose, but it scans really, really slow and placing it kicks everyone off my server with a timeout. It's fine after a short bit, but damn does the mineral extractor not play well when it's first placed. It just uses all available resources and causes a timeout.
That's because it tries force-loading a 128 chunk radius instead of a 128 block radius. Forge limits this to like 4000 chunks instead of 65000 so it doesn't completely break the server, but still it's not pretty. This is another thing fixed in v11.
https://github.com/ReikaKalseki/Reika_Mods_Issues/issues/543

Schadrach

Jul 29, 2019
That's because it tries force-loading a 128 chunk radius instead of a 128 block radius. Forge limits this to like 4000 chunks instead of 65000 so it doesn't completely break the server, but still it's not pretty. This is another thing fixed in v11.
https://github.com/ReikaKalseki/Reika_Mods_Issues/issues/543

That explains it seeing tens of thousands of iron ore when I placed it near my base where I had been caving since I started and things were fairly tapped out. At least thousands of every resource except for ChC plants and cave crystals.

EyeDeck

Apr 16, 2013
The actual block scanning radius should still be correct (I'm not surprised to see 10k iron ore in a 257^2 area - the surface area exposed by caves is only going to account for a few percentage of all ore there), it's just the chunk loading that's borked.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any better way to do it other than wandering the ocean randomly looking for something that suggests an L shaped structure? I've actually found several of the buried structure which 8 or so cave crystals on runes in the ocean while trying to find an ocean temple, but no ocean temples yet.

If you have a minimap, and you can see each block individually, it will stand out.

Have you done anything that changes how the overworld generates? The ocean temple requires more than just ocean, and if you've made other changes, it might not be possible to generate. For example, all the ones I've seen have had one of their two ends buried (never fully exposed at both ends).

Schadrach

Jul 29, 2019
If you have a minimap, and you can see each block individually, it will stand out.

Have you done anything that changes how the overworld generates? The ocean temple requires more than just ocean, and if you've made other changes, it might not be possible to generate. For example, all the ones I've seen have had one of their two ends buried (never fully exposed at both ends).

EssentialCraft3, Ancient Warfare 2, Thaumcraft, Artifacts, Roguelike Dungeons, and Project Red all do some worldgen, mostly spawning their own structures and ores.

I've covered a fair bit of ocean at this point. Found two crystal shrines under the ocean, but no ocean temples.

EyeDeck

Apr 16, 2013
For example, all the ones I've seen have had one of their two ends buried (never fully exposed at both ends).
The only requirement in regards to that is that at least one end be open. The only thing I can think of that might prevent ocean temples from spawning is a lack of caves or ravines (edit: or especially unflat ocean bottoms, like something like RTG would generate).

Last edited:
M

MoXiaoTheFreak

Why can't I craft Crystal Repeater?
In your Github java files I saw "REPEATER(ChromaTiles.REPEATER.getCraftedProduct()), //craft any repeater type"
but I just can't craft it.
5674b5bd3221f91a.jpg

U

UNG_God

Why can't I craft Crystal Repeater?
you prob dont have enough "xp" on chromaticraft to make that recipe yet, try crafting more stuff and some stuff that is used on making repeaters.
I had something like that with some tools as well, so it is self experience.

Still waiting for a solution on how to get some resonant and spatial dust.

M

MoXiaoTheFreak

you prob dont have enough "xp" on chromaticraft to make that recipe yet, try crafting more stuff and some stuff that is used on making repeaters.

Spatial dust?Mining the Void Stone.I know It's in The End,but I can't find it.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019

Spatial dust is, I believe, an End product. I think there's some issue (I forget what, exactly) that makes it not spawn properly. I'm not 100% on the latter, since I'm running on the latest v9...Forge dependencies and other fun stuff keep me from going any higher. As for resonant dust, I believe that's from the little dealies that hang from trees.

U

UNG_God

Spatial dust is, I believe, an End product. I think there's some issue (I forget what, exactly) that makes it not spawn properly. I'm not 100% on the latter, since I'm running on the latest v9...Forge dependencies and other fun stuff keep me from going any higher. As for resonant dust, I believe that's from the little dealies that hang from trees.
yeah i saw someone mention with reikas that they arent spawning in the current version, v10d, and i dont have a legal way to get older versions, i just dont believe something game breaking is left unfixed for such longtime. The thingies hanging down arent the dust you mean, i supose, i dont recall atm, i still have other resource missing, i still find some stone from CHC wich i dont have the progression to see, even with less than 20 pages to fill the book.

G

Globsb

Creating rftools dimension made out of endstone solving problem of missing ores.

U

UNG_God

As for resonant dust, I believe that's from the little dealies that hang from trees.
you are correct, but i discover after downgrading to v9b, that on the end there is spatial dust, and resonant crystal... but after checking the recipe for the resonanting ingot, it needs enderstone powder... so no clue on how to get that.

I dont have rf tools, playing with very few mods and atm focusing on Chromaticraft. I think i will need to cheat some dust or i will be stuck.

i 'managed" to bypass some of the lost of downgrading the version, by downgrrading, explore end without killing the dragon, then update the mods and overwriting a save of before downgrade, so all stuff previous to it stay (like the subterranean iluminator) and the end of the older version already generated, but as i said, there is no endstone powder afaik.

Last edited:

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Enderstone powder is an overworld thing. I forget exactly what tier it is, but it looks similar to firaxite, only its green in the middle instead of orange.

M

MoXiaoTheFreak

But what I should craft before I craft Crystal Repeaters? I have tried a lot of things especially the Crystal Core but I still cannot craft it.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
But what I should craft before I craft Crystal Repeaters? I have tried a lot of things especially the Crystal Core but I still cannot craft it.
Anything, casting table XP isn't just gained the first time you make something. There are diminishing returns in place to keep people from spamming small things and getting all the way to the endgame in terms of XP, but just making things is good.

U

UNG_God

Enderstone powder is an overworld thing. I forget exactly what tier it is, but it looks similar to firaxite, only its green in the middle instead of orange.
do you think is like the trasmisive dust and has a biome where it only spawn?

it is kind of dificult to pinpoint what you need to craft, if you have progressed the maximum you could ( getting blank pages) , you might need to craft other things, some stuff you dont even know how it is conected, at one point my progress was halted, and after i crafted one warp inventory, it opened more stuff. idk the progress to repeaters, i was actualy stuck without repeaters, them i opened it, forgot what i crafted. so do stuff you an, even if it has no use .