Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

U

UNG_God

I don't think enderstone powder is biome-specific. I know I find it in pretty good quantity in Twilight Forest ravines.
Thanks, i did find some after i posted here, it is kind of strange to have "ender stone" on the overworld, not that commom at first glance. I am still have one stone that dont tell me what it is, so i believe is the one for fluidc ingots.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, i did find some after i posted here, it is kind of strange to have "ender stone" on the overworld, not that commom at first glance. I am still have one stone that dont tell me what it is, so i believe is the one for fluidc ingots.
Fluidic stone is also Overworld, if memory serves. A good way to find those kinds of ores is to search ravines and the like.

U

UNG_God

Anyone knows how i am suposed to know if the cloaking tower is working? also, the lumen beacon, just a decoraton for now? just made the two of them ... and no clue if it is right or not.

Schadrach

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone knows how i am suposed to know if the cloaking tower is working? also, the lumen beacon, just a decoraton for now? just made the two of them ... and no clue if it is right or not.

Apparently it's like a super-repeater, with a higher attenuation cost. Given the complexity, the cost, no info that might help debug it, and already having a repeater network, I haven't fiddled with it yet.

I just got the last dimensional core, and now it's saying something about a monument. I've never seen this monument being referred to, is there some trick to finding it, or is this another wander randomly about until you happen to find it (except that the monument is probably in Chroma dimension)?

Last edited:

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Apparently it's like a super-repeater, with a higher attenuation cost. Given the complexity, the cost, no info that might help debug it, and already having a repeater network, I haven't fiddled with it yet.

I just got the last dimensional core, and now it's saying something about a monument. I've never seen this monument being referred to, is there some trick to finding it, or is this another wander randomly about until you happen to find it (except that the monument is probably in Chroma dimension)?
Use the pattern of the structures. :p

Sigurd Cole

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, all! Still having a blast with this, but more progress, more questions!

I'm having trouble with rituals. I've empowered myself with pylon protection (because of course), but middle-click doesn't bring up any kind of interface, and I'm definitely still getting zapped. I'm sure the ritual worked - there was a somewhat lengthy third-person rotating sequence when I did it - but somehow I'm not able to turn it on. Any pointers?

Also, the other achievement of that tier (with a logo that looks like a power crystal) has confused me. I thought crafting a power crystal was the unlock, but that doesn't seem to be the case - I've crafted four of them now to no effect. High-end recipes are expensive - should I just keep crafting?

There's a dead (?) pylon next to my base, and I can't seem to resuscitate it. It's never zapped me, and it looks like the other pylons do when I've drained them. I've tried putting some power crystals around it to no effect. Some trees have grown very close to it - perhaps they're interfering? Is it just dead forever?

Thanks, all!

U

UNG_God

I thought the same, but there is a block that stays on the way betwen the beacon and multi aura repeater (i think it is one, since the lexicom uses the same name for every pylon thing). but the structure is so big and we cant hover the block to get the name or make a zoom, that is easy to missplace some block.

but middle-click doesn't bring up any kind of interface,
That is a problem, see if any other mod is using that buton and change it, you can wheel mouse click anytime on the game, and there learned abilities will have colour, then you need to chose to active it

Also, the other achievement of that tier (with a logo that looks like a power crystal)
to fully charge the pylon, you need to complete the circle.

Is it just dead forever?
If you have the missing parts, you can restore it, but not all parts are craftable, i had to destroy (with silk touch!) some pylons to get some parts to make the portal.

I am having alot of troubles with memory ticking, after placing recipes on the complex that uses lumen, sometimes it cause a memory ticking crash when i try to look at the table, also got one memory ticking after the mineral extractor had finished scanning, that corrupted my world, i had to use mcedit to delete the mineral extractor, and speaking on it, it should have glowstone blacklisted on the overworld, because it will harvest the glowstone of the complex.

Schadrach

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having trouble with rituals. I've empowered myself with pylon protection (because of course), but middle-click doesn't bring up any kind of interface, and I'm definitely still getting zapped. I'm sure the ritual worked - there was a somewhat lengthy third-person rotating sequence when I did it - but somehow I'm not able to turn it on. Any pointers?

Something else might have middle click bound? You should get an interface when you press middle click with a list of powers, be able to go to the power you wants to cast, use W to charge it up if it has more than one level, then left click on the vertical bar used to show the power charging up to activate.

Also, the other achievement of that tier (with a logo that looks like a power crystal) has confused me. I thought crafting a power crystal was the unlock, but that doesn't seem to be the case - I've crafted four of them now to no effect. High-end recipes are expensive - should I just keep crafting?

Have you actually used the power crystals yet, or just crafted them? I think you have to do the full circle of eight crystals around a pylon to max out it's charge to get the progress unlock. Not positive though, since I basically started making and placing them as fast as I could once I had access to power crystals, starting with the colors used in making power crystals.

It's worth noting that you can turn a bunch of raw crystals into iridescent crystal in a batch, it'll save you chroma and time in the long run.

There's a dead (?) pylon next to my base, and I can't seem to resuscitate it. It's never zapped me, and it looks like the other pylons do when I've drained them. I've tried putting some power crystals around it to no effect. Some trees have grown very close to it - perhaps they're interfering? Is it just dead forever?

I've noticed pylons tend to be...picky about their general environment, so you're right, the nearby trees probably killed your pylon. If the "node" in it looks like the ones in burrows, hollows, and temples and it isn't zapping you, then it's dead. You *might* be able to fix it by clearing out any offending material, and replacing any missing bits with ones scavenged from another pylon using silk touch (you're going to have to break one to make your portal anyways), but I have no idea how effective that might be.

If I recall, turbocharging pylons also takes bits scavenged from pylons, doesn't it? I can't seem to get the fragment yet but the demo video used pylon bits to make the pillars the focus points sit on.

Wondering what the benefits of turbocharging a repeater are, since I see turbocharged repeaters in NEI but can't imagine it being worth it if it has the same requirements as turbocharging a pylon.

Schadrach

Jul 29, 2019
Use the pattern of the structures. :p

That was all it took. The pattern is non obvious because of the way the data is presented and the way the structures randomize themselves and they're relationship to you each visit, but the implication that there was a pattern (and a moment thinking on another pattern we've seen before), and I was off to the monument.

Rebuilt it, since I brought a stack of anything remotely valuable from vanilla I could think of, as well as every crystalline stone variant that wouldn't require taking apart another pylon and some chroma (adventure backpacks mod, so I brought 8 buckets of chroma in the pack). Turned out to be overkill. Took a couple of guesses to get the right positioning for the cores (my first guess was directly under the runes) but done and done. Took every mineable block out of the monument before I left, including the cores and the aura locus.

The aura locus is somewhat less useful itself that one could hope (unless it has some function I haven't discovered other than zapping mobs, admittedly over a large range and seemingly through walls as well), it's pretty though (if noisy).

Having to destroy two pylons to turbocharge one is kinda unfortunate though.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
That was all it took. The pattern is non obvious because of the way the data is presented and the way the structures randomize themselves and they're relationship to you each visit, but the implication that there was a pattern (and a moment thinking on another pattern we've seen before), and I was off to the monument.

Rebuilt it, since I brought a stack of anything remotely valuable from vanilla I could think of, as well as every crystalline stone variant that wouldn't require taking apart another pylon and some chroma (adventure backpacks mod, so I brought 8 buckets of chroma in the pack). Turned out to be overkill. Took a couple of guesses to get the right positioning for the cores (my first guess was directly under the runes) but done and done. Took every mineable block out of the monument before I left, including the cores and the aura locus.

The aura locus is somewhat less useful itself that one could hope (unless it has some function I haven't discovered other than zapping mobs, admittedly over a large range and seemingly through walls as well), it's pretty though (if noisy).

Having to destroy two pylons to turbocharge one is kinda unfortunate though.
The aura locus has several more uses of which you are not aware.

Schadrach

Jul 29, 2019
I am going to have to experiment with this pretty ball of energy of unknown functions then.

It doesn't seem to do anything when connected to a repeater network. Going to have to try sticking it in everything I can think of, and sticking it in place of the other assorted energy balls in the mod in structures to see if that does anything (it's not like I don't have a ton of asst. crystal stone just in case I needed it for the monument or anything), and anything else I can think of tonight.

Mysterious balls of energy FTW.

Schadrach

Jul 29, 2019
A more technical question: You've made very clear and placed dire warnings around "DO. NOT. MOVE. THE. PYLONS", having suggested that doing so would corrupt Chromaticraft and possibly Thaumcraft as well (something about the pylons being linked to Thaumcraft somehow). The thing is that it's generally safe to move Thaumcraft nodes around using various tools, so I need to ask the following question:

If I link a Thaumcraft node into the repeater network using that endgame research, is it still safe to move it using any of the usual suspects for shuffling around Thaumcraft nodes, or does it fall under the "DO. NOT. MOVE. THE. PYLONS" rule once it's connected to the repeaters?

Related, does the "DO. NOT. MOVE. THE. PYLONS" rule apply to ones that aren't part of a functioning pylon anymore? For example, all these pylons I'm destroying/have destroyed for things like turbocharging pylons and when I built the portal, would it be safe to thieve the crystal.pylon block from those since they are no longer active pylons? I have no idea what I'd *do* with them, I'm just interested from a "will it wreck the server?" standpoint.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
A more technical question: You've made very clear and placed dire warnings around "DO. NOT. MOVE. THE. PYLONS", having suggested that doing so would corrupt Chromaticraft and possibly Thaumcraft as well (something about the pylons being linked to Thaumcraft somehow). The thing is that it's generally safe to move Thaumcraft nodes around using various tools, so I need to ask the following question:

If I link a Thaumcraft node into the repeater network using that endgame research, is it still safe to move it using any of the usual suspects for shuffling around Thaumcraft nodes, or does it fall under the "DO. NOT. MOVE. THE. PYLONS" rule once it's connected to the repeaters?

Related, does the "DO. NOT. MOVE. THE. PYLONS" rule apply to ones that aren't part of a functioning pylon anymore? For example, all these pylons I'm destroying/have destroyed for things like turbocharging pylons and when I built the portal, would it be safe to thieve the crystal.pylon block from those since they are no longer active pylons? I have no idea what I'd *do* with them, I'm just interested from a "will it wreck the server?" standpoint.
Network-connected nodes are safe to remove and replace (though doing so will kill the connection). Pylons are not, even if nonfunctional. Also, breaking the block (which could only be done in creative) is safe. It is TileEntity moving devices that are dangerous.

F

FearMig

Im getting a nullpointer exception every time i do a craft. http://pastebin.com/Rf4m0cnY It prints in my chat and the pastebin is from my client console. Nothing seems to print in my server console. Is this preventing anything from progressing or can i ignore it?

U

UNG_God

I must say, chromaticraft was fun , until i hit the other dimension, chroma dimension, this is far the most awful/boring/frustrating/time consuming thing this mod has so far forced me to do, the world is nice, but laggy as hell, each "shrine" is not "near" as we might think when looking at the sonar, this far i only truly completed the locking system and the 3d maze, the others i cheated using other mods, i have no clue what to do on automata cell, on others i simply bypass the ethereal door. after so many days i finaly got all the cores, now i need to find the monument ... so anyone have any usefull tip on how to find that thing? on all my forced exploration, i never came across one, so this is at least worrying. I just hope ,what all this work is going to give, worth the time.
reikas really needs to bump the color of kuro on the sonar, it is almost impossible to see it.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I must say, chromaticraft was fun , until i hit the other dimension, chroma dimension, this is far the most awful/boring/frustrating/time consuming thing this mod has so far forced me to do, the world is nice, but laggy as hell, each "shrine" is not "near" as we might think when looking at the sonar, this far i only truly completed the locking system and the 3d maze, the others i cheated using other mods, i have no clue what to do on automata cell, on others i simply bypass the ethereal door. after so many days i finaly got all the cores, now i need to find the monument ... so anyone have any usefull tip on how to find that thing? on all my forced exploration, i never came across one, so this is at least worrying. I just hope ,what all this work is going to give, worth the time.
reikas really needs to bump the color of kuro on the sonar, it is almost impossible to see it.
Perhaps your lack of fun comes from the fact you simply bypassed several of them. How did you do this?